Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WhiteWolf

Forza Motorsport 7

146 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, pixeljunkie said:

This is a problem with the Windows Store app. What does T10 have to do with the inconsistent download speeds on Windows Store?

Where did I say it was T10's issue? This is a major problem on Windows store and it's mind-boggling that one of the biggest company in the world couldn't sort this mess. 

Good luck downloading ~100 GB at such speed. Maybe fine for you but not fine for people with a faster connection. No one wants to spend a whole day downloading. 

15 minutes ago, HEMAN said:

I too was downloading at 4-5MB/s but mine is 50mbps so that's fine. Your download was indeed slow considering 150mbps. Thats weird I really don't have micro stuttering although 30-40% cpu usage can be considered low. Forza Horizon 3 was a steaming pile of poo on launch and they did take ages to fix it. Micro stuttering was one the major issues together with only 1 core being used. Damn I really did get lucky no problems for me at all. Hope the full version is the same. 

~30% is indeed low. What's surprised me is, Horizon was open world so the issues were okay, given it was their first game on PC. However, APEX ran extremely smooth. So it is kind of disappointing to see such performance here.

6 minutes ago, pixeljunkie said:

They should have this fixed by the time the full game launches.

Given their last release, I'm not 100% about it. But let's see. 

7 minutes ago, pixeljunkie said:

I suspect that T10 have made significant changes to how ForzaTech manages memory. It's a small tradeoff considering the dramatic increase in performance that T10 has somehow magically complemented with even better IQ compared to FM6 Apex. Given time T10 should be able to decrease loading periods. You could help T10 by reporting this along with your system specs.

The problem is, everything seems to be random. Some are plagued with issues while the rest are not. This was the same issue with Horizon 3 and took them ages to resolve it. 

The game launches fine and everything is perfect till you reach the start race screen. It just sits there and loads forever.

9 minutes ago, pixeljunkie said:

Try disabling Core 0 for the ForzaMotorsport7.exe executable by deselecting Core 0 under the Processor Affinity dialog box that pops up when you right-click on the executable and click on Set Affinity under the Details tab in Task Manager after launching the game. T10 should have this fixed by the time the full game launches.

That is one solution and yes, it does work. Same with Horizon 3. But I don't want to. I'm paying them to fix these common issues which have been reported for a long time now. 

How can you expect them to do the same mistakes twice in a row and let it slide? 

I forgot to mention the game Looks amazing in HDR. Only problem is you have to do it manually, according to rumours this should be fixed in up coming fall creator update. Also HDR is HDR10, is there any chance of DV being implemented in full game. Also Microsoft always f**ks up game downloads on launch day. People experience slows download speeds and downloading getting stuck to redownloading whole again. I remember during gears 4 time my download was nearly complete then it hang and started to download everything again. So 150gb download for no reason. They should provide 10 days pre-load for pre-orders of ultimate and 1 day to standard edition people. 

Edited by HEMAN

1 minute ago, Joe Cool said:

Where did I say it was T10's issue? This is a major problem on Windows store and it's mind-boggling that one of the biggest company in the world couldn't sort this mess.

You didn't. And that's how i reached this conclusion. From the list of complaints that you put together, it seemed to me that you were directing the fault at T10.

5 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

The problem is, everything seems to be random. Some are plagued with issues while the rest are not. This was the same issue with Horizon 3 and took them ages to resolve it. 

The game launches fine and everything is perfect till you reach the start race screen. It just sits there and loads forever.

4 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

How can you expect them to do the same mistakes twice in a row and let it slide? 

I'm keeping my fingers crossed even after the full game launches. Considering that gamers are forced to live with "launch bugs" because majority of game studios (even the AAA ones) squeeze the life out of their developers with tight deadlines, i don't think it's wrong of me to congratulate T10 for the awesome work they've done on the demo.

They really need to fix that W10 Store. I wasn't able to download FH3 demo at all. Played FH3 on my friend's Xbox One and it is one of the best racing games.

18 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Just like Horizon 3.

Super slow download. Check.

You sure it's not your connection?  Not many are complaining about download speed on Reddit and Gaf.

One user posted screenshot showing his crazy fast download speed lol

here

liMwuxN.png

:O

5 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

That's one 1Gbit connection and he is getting half of it. 

The problem is not just with this game but entire Windows store library has this issue. 

I second that...

The thing that pisses me more is that there still no info on pre-load window and people have been billed for their pre-order copies. Wtf ffs digital only people have to download 100gigs. FH3 preload started exactly 7 days before normal launch if it's the same this then Ultimate edition owners get only 3 days to download the game.

Nvidia has released game ready drivers for new games like project cars 2 and FM7. People who has issues should try the new drivers and see if it helps.

Turn 10 Confirms That Forza Motorsport 7 Intentionally Runs Mostly on One Core

Some users may notice that the game utilizes nearly 100% of one of their processor cores. This is expected behavior; we intentionally run in this manner so we can react as fast as possible in order to minimize input latency. Users on power-constrained devices, such as laptops and tablets, might want to use a Performance Target of “30 FPS (V-SYNC),” which will reduce processor usage and minimize power consumption.

This sucks.. I don't know why MS forcing their studios to put games on PC coz they clearly not interested and clearly don't know how to port games to PC properly.  :|

Edited by WhiteWolf

2 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Turn 10 Confirms That Forza Motorsport 7 Intentionally Runs Mostly on One Core

Interesting. Input latency, hm. How about a day one patch for thread optimization just like in FH3 where a user gets to decide on its CPU usage.

1 hour ago, ScrewyAurum said:

Fantastic.  One X native 4k60fps @ Ultra graphics settings. 

Wow base XboxOne version looks quite good.  AA not perfect but hey its locked 60.

Edited by WhiteWolf