Forza Motorsport 7

PS Fan

The Forza 7 PC pre-load is an utter mess

Many of those who pre-ordered Forza 7 – myself included – have run into a number of issues that stop the pre-load after some gigabytes have been downloaded. Sometimes this can be 15GB, 50GB, or 92GB.

The Windows Store spits out an error code, and when this happens, resuming the download does not, in fact, pick up from where it left off – it restarts the whole thing from the top. With Forza 7 on PC, this means re-downloading close to 100GB of data. The issue is so widespread, it’s the only thing people are talking about now on the Forza Reddit, and the official forums.

As always. eojpnJy.png

Windows store is a curse for Xbox. Even good Xbox games get hate coz of this sh*t store.  Forza Horizon 3 loved by everyone except PC gamers, same with Gears 4 and now Forza 7.  Main reason for hate is garbage Windows store. MS must kill this store and release games on Steam if they're really serious about PC gaming. 

Every game is a broken mess on that store.  

Few reviews are out 

Windows Central. 5/5

Nothing that makes Forza great has been left out. This is still the most complete racing game on Xbox. It's got something for all abilities, enough content to keep you going for a long old time and it's so stunning to look at it massages your eyeballs every time you play.

Attack of the Fanboy. 4.5/5

Turn 10 turned in their biggest game in terms of tracks, cars, and features with Forza 7, and it very well may be their best one yet.

Polygon. No score yet

Turn 10 has become highly proficient in taking this basic mechanic and turning it into a full on fantasy, of conquest, of acquisition, of personalization.
Playing Forza 7, I've enjoyed many little moments of satisfaction and pleasure, and I expect to find more, as I unlock more of the game, and get stuck into split-screen and online racing modes. I’ll have more impressions of the game tomorrow.

TheNextGenWeb 

With over 700 cars and more than 30 tracks it represents one of the largest and most diverse collections of cars and environments in any racing game. With Forza Motorsport 7 Turn 10 Studios gets everything right, and I can’t find anything I don’t like about the game — even the difficulty controls have a ton of options to tailor the game to my style.

Gamesradar. Review in progress

Unlike the all-too-familiar-feeling Project CARS 2, Forza Motorsport 7 feels like a true sequel. One that fixes nagging, outstanding issues, pushes ahead with truly awesome weather effects and vast track and car counts, and delivers what looks – so far – to be the best serious racing experience of the current generation. Gran Turismo Sport might have met its match before it’s even entered the ring. 

Check back on Monday for our full review.

PCGamer

"Forza Motorsport 7 is gorgeous on PC, and runs smoothly so far"

http://www.pcgamer.com/forza-motorsp...oothly-so-far/

Final version runs quite good on PC according to PC gamer 

Summary for now. May update later if I can track down the PC issue.

For Console, this is a buy absolutely excellent content. 
For PC it is a bit of a hit and miss with the micro-stutter/FPS issue like at around the 1:23 mark. So far no one can figure out why some PC's have it and others don't and why it is not all the time. I would say go into it with your eyes open if you're getting it on PC

___

Shacknews:

Objectively, Forza Motorsport 7 is an excellent game. It has the looks, the sounds, and the feel of a champion. In my opinion, it does not look as good as Forza Horizon 3 in many areas, but I can overlook that due to how it is structured and how well it performs. I don't believe it is as good a game as Forza Horizon 3, despite having much better tracks, but would not hesitate to recommend the console version to any driving game fan. Had I not experienced the aforementioned performance issues, I would be inclined to give Forza Motorsport 7 my highest recommendation for PC players. As things stand now, I cannot give it any higher than a 6/10. If a patch arrives in a timely fashion (the 8 months it took to fix Horizon 3 is unacceptable) that addresses the performance problems, I would have no issues with a 9/10.

Edited by Heaven Angel

My preload went without a hitch. Played last night Renault f1 2017 on Nordschleife was amazing. Car handles better than in F1 2017. HDR on point. Multiplayer was buzzing with players. Enough for now back to game. Oh inside menus fps drops to 50 but as soon as race starts its a solid 60fps lock. Loading time has increased also for starting the race.

• Like 1

Forza Motorsport 7 is not limited to running on one core. “Forza Motorsport 7” uses as many cores as are available on whatever system it runs on, whether that is a 4- to 16-core PC or the 7 cores available on Xbox One

Final version now uses all cores. 

4 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

~snip~

Already posted, not even two posts above. Please read up the before posting. 

Edited by ALPHA17

1 hour ago, Joe Cool said:

The game seems to be sent out to die. Apparently no marketing at all. Sales down by 60%. 

Retail sales of lot of big games are down in UK. 

Uncharted Lost Legacy : Down 50%

Forza 7: - 22% from Forza 6 and 60% down from Forza Horizon 3

Destiny 2: Down 58%

FIFA 18: Down 25%

The Evil Within 2: Down 75%

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=252167360

More and more people going digital even on consoles.  90% of my games are all digital on PS4 and Xbox. 

Digital sales of Mordor very good. 400k sold on Steam already. 

Edited by WhiteWolf