Shadow of the Colossus Remake

Big Boss

2 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

I hate knowing how to beat each and every colossus, 1 hour in and I've already beaten 5. At this rate I'll finish it in under 3 hours :(

My biggest 'gripe' about this experience. Can't say it's the game's fault.

I'm already done with 13 colossi and spent just about ~5 hours of total playtime. Which includes spending some time wandering around for the beauty of the place.

For the ones who have played this game extensively, the remaster is simply a coat of paint. Everything you do, you've already done it so many times before, that it just loses it's charm and the 'discovery' aspect of finding out how to kill each colossi, is just lost.

That is just so sad. :(

Yeah, that sense of wonder each time you see a new colossus and that feeling of achievement you get when you finally manage to kill it is gone.

I'm playing on Hard and I still feel like I'm just bulldozing through everything. But I guess that is expected when you're on your third playthrough.

Not taking anything away from this remake though. I think it's pretty fantastic and I'm loving the 60fps framerate in performance mode. Newcomers will have a ball of a time with it.

Wish I could just erase my memories and play this for the first time all over again *sigh*

2 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Wish I could just erase my memories and play this for the first time all over again *sigh*

This. So. Much.

However, I think they could've bumped up the difficulty a little more. Hard is still quite easy.

Also, playing on Hard does not unlock the Extra Artwork which the Easy difficulty unlocks. Now, I'm dreading playing this on Easy after the Hard playthrough. :thumbdown: Poor decision by Bluepoint.

Also, I was pretty pumped to get a Platinum before playing the game. Don't think I will anymore.

• 1 year later...

Playing this now, and about a 3 hours in. Taking my time. Short observations:

Looks great. 

Great vibe/feel to the game

A lot easier than I remember it to be, though I don't remember most of the actual Colossi. 

Big on nostalgia factor. I don't think I'd enjoy this game as much, or be in awe of it if it came out for the first time right now. 

Extremely irritating camera. 

Texture pop in is quite distracting in an otherwise "serene" game.

The theme is pure feels. Even now.

Feel a tinge of sadness when the Colossi fall down. 

Photo mode is great fun. 

Big plus: better game IQ now means I'm discovering some hidden areas/points that I wouldn't have when I played it earlier. Though the game is ridiculously easy so far (5/16). 

• 2 weeks later...

The game has crashed thrice at the same spot, in the middle of a colossus (14) battle. Thrice. And the stupid shrine is a ways behind. Anyone else faced this issue? 

How do I get past this? 

I really want to see how this ends. It's funny, I don't remember these parts at all. It is possible I did not end the game the last time I played it. Or maybe I just have a ridiculously shitty memory. I do have faint recollection of some end sequences.. but.. hmm. 

How do I get past this stupid goddamn crash?! Grrrr. 

Keeps happening. Ugh. Six times now. The only solution I've found online is to restore game save and reinstall the game. I reinstalled but the only thing it changed was to make the crash happen one step earlier in the colossus fight. 

This is so weird. 

:(

1 hour ago, SpearHea:D said:

One of the comments on that video:

When you suddenly remember all the answers to an exam.

:lol:

The intro music is probably my favourite though. Gives me goosebumps every single time!

I love this one too!

• Like 2