Age of Empires I, II & III: Definitive Edition

Heaven Angel

We are so excited to finally be able to announce our latest project to you all! Allow me to introduce Age of Empires: Definitive Edition!! 

We have put a ton of cool new stuff in this 4K remastered version of our original game. Including all upgraded art assets, completely new narration throughout, and hundreds of new and rebuilt sound effects! The game will include single-player and multiplayer modes, as well as a classic mode for when you just need to get the look and feel of that good ol’ AoE! 

Now I hate to say it, but you can’t get your hands on the full game quite yet… You can however sign up for our Beta program, and help us get the feedback we need to make this game be the best it can be!

You can sign up for the beta at http://www.ageofempires.com

Celebrating the Series' 20th Anniversary 
- Remastered UHD Assets 4K
- Fully Orchestrated Soundtrack 
- Xbox Live Multiplayer

WoQNhDY.png WoQNhDY.png WoQNhDY.png WoQNhDY.png WoQNhDY.png

OMG!!! OUSZIZi.png OUSZIZi.png OUSZIZi.png OUSZIZi.png OUSZIZi.png

Edited by Heaven Angel

14 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

No idea. Signed up for the BETA. 

With so many games coming on Windows 10 store, they better start making it better. Either way, this one is a sure buy! 

What did you write for "Where shall we contact you" section?

Trust Microsoft to keep it behind the Windows Store till they realise no amount of nostalgia can get people to spend over the top money on a janky piece of software.

55 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Strange. After logging in with Windows ID (for insider program and stuff) it asks for another id where they can contact you. 

Tried using the same e-mail id on both steps? 

Ya used my MS id itself..still not working..Stuck on stage 3 itself..Will try later and see.

• 1 month later...

qTgyhVp.png

On Monday, August 21, starting at 9:00pm CEST, 12:00pm PDT, Microsoft will celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Age of Empires franchise with a special livestream event in Cologne, alongside some of our biggest fans. The livestream will celebrate the rich history of the beloved PC game series, as well as give fans a first-look at Age of Empires: Definitive Edition, the beautifully remastered edition of this bona fide classic we announced at E3 last month. We’ll be talking all things Age of Empires with some of the legendary developers who worked on the games as well as sharing some exciting news that fans will not want to miss – watch on mixer.com or through the Mixer app.

-Click

EIfvjAE.gif EIfvjAE.gif

• 4 weeks later...

^ The HD versions of Age of Empires I and II should work, not so sure about Empire III and definitely not going to be the case with AoE IV. 

The Definitive Edition of both I and II should also work, again not sure about AoE III and definitely negative on AoE IV. 

• 1 month later...