Monster Hunter: World

Heaven Angel

Been playing on both PS4 and Xbox One S. Super fun. Using different weapons on both platforms to keep things different. What a game. Best MH since 4U for sure and maybe best ever. Wish the co-op setup was more intuitive though. 

10 hours ago, failgunner said:

Been playing on both PS4 and Xbox One S. Super fun. Using different weapons on both platforms to keep things different. What a game. Best MH since 4U for sure and maybe best ever. Wish the co-op setup was more intuitive though. 

Why playing both? 

According to powerpyx, Platinum is like 1000+ hours.Pure luck based. rICyT1n.png  

You need all GOLD giant crowns + all GOLD miniature crowns. They are completely random and have extremely low drop chance. It’s pure luck. After 120 hours of gameplay, I got 0 of either one just to put the odds in perspective. The plat might as well take several thousand hours.

Good luck to whoever is going for it. 

I'm going to wrap up the story and do some crafting and done with it. Very fun game regardless. 

1 minute ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

For the uninitiated, what is this game all about? Just keep hunting the monsters?

Yes, and it gets a lot better. There is also a story going on behind but the main theme is hunting monsters. So many monsters to slay. So much variety to keep you busy for easy 100+ hours. 

The game has plethora amount of content. And they plan to keep adding more. There are timed events too to keep things fresh.

It's kind of Dark Souls-y. Explore -> kill -> grind -> get better -> craft -> repeat. Except you have a tonne of monsters here. The high ranks are very hard and super challenging and it keeps going on forever. 

It has solo and online co-op. Dunno about offline/couch co-op
No multiplayer or player invasions.

For me, no invasion is a big no. Repeatedly killing monsters will get boring quite fast. No matter what strategy you use, they gonna die anyway... It ain't hardcore like Souls.

Dunno why ppl are scared of Invasions

22 minutes ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Lovely, thanks!

But no multiplayer component that bleeds into single player right? 

I can go solo slaying? 

No PvP but there is 4 player co-op. You can play everything in a group or solo. 

4 hours ago, Nr.Draca47 said:

IRepeatedly killing monsters will get boring quite fast. No matter what strategy you use, they gonna die anyway... It ain't hardcore like Souls.

No it doesnt. Thats what i thought at first too , but the monsters are like a boss run game. Each of them unique , and so many encounters are different simply because of what all that could happen in the hunt. Since monsters interact with other monsters too.

On 2/4/2018 at 8:10 AM, HEMAN said:

Bought the game today completed first two quest. Is there anyway to lock on enemies almost 80% of hits don't make contact, Combat is really weird.  

The lock on feature is made primarily to help see where the enemy is and the general direction.

Do not use it to actually auto attack towards the enemy. Different parts of enemies have weaknesses , so if the lock always targetted you towards the center you cant hit the other parts. I usually remove the lock on once I can see the monster , i only lock on when its trying to flee.