Monster Hunter: World

Heaven Angel

Just played a 10/10 MP game in the quest "Pandora's Arena" with Lunastra in it, the guy who I was playing with had an IG and later one dude with an LS also got in, these two dudes distracted Luna for a while, brought her into the centre of the arena, and i dropped boulders on her :roflroll:

Never thought MP would actually work in this game and being i'm playing from India and all, this was like my 2nd or 3rd MP quest, first one I helped a guy kill Nergi and got rewarded with a Nergi gem for my troubles B)

Solo btw Lunastra is horrible, so many of those AoE blue fire pools with every attack she does, worst monster i've dealt with this game after Nergi.

Hope JhoJho doesn't have all this bs, haven't done his quest yet.

23 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Just played a 10/10 MP game in the quest "Pandora's Arena" with Lunastra in it, the guy who I was playing with had an IG and later one dude with an LS also got in, these two dudes distracted Luna for a while, brought her into the centre of the arena, and i dropped boulders on her :roflroll:

Never thought MP would actually work in this game and being i'm playing from India and all, this was like my 2nd or 3rd MP quest, first one I helped a guy kill Nergi and got rewarded with a Nergi gem for my troubles B)

MP is life in this game. There would be so many epic moments, like the one you mentioned. :lol:

You can even unleash the Dragonator in the arena one it's available. 

m4pf7wlvkzd31.jpg

You'll mostly connect to the closest servers and most of the times from India, we end up with Korean and Japanese players. 

31 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Solo btw Lunastra is horrible, so many of those AoE blue fire pools with every attack she does, worst monster i've dealt with this game after Nergi.

Hope JhoJho doesn't have all this bs, haven't done his quest yet.

Man I hate Luna. Out of all the monster additions, her attacks were the worst. Not to mention her ultimate move nearly demolished everyone when she was first introduced in World. Jo is nothing compared to Luna. :P 

• Like 1

TIL that you have to be HR49/50, have tempered ED tracks, to unlock tempered ED investigations, from which you get warriors/hero's streamstones in order to unlock Augments.

I blew around 2 hours and all 4 attempts on hunting a tempered Baseljuice in an investigation with 15 min time cap and 2 faints allowed just to get one of those warrior streamstone before coming to this realization :(

All because evil people on the internet peddle this totally false meme that you can get warriors/hero streamstone on tempered level 2 investigations with all the time cap and only one faint allowed type constraints :ranting:

On 6/30/2021 at 7:57 PM, Aloy said:

LOL the same applies to me though gladly I got the game through PS+. There is definitely a good game underneath all the messiness but I ain't got the patience and time to deal with all that. 

Maybe one day. The new Monster Hunter stories game (Can't remember the full name) looks sick though cause of the art style and turn based mechanics. Switch exclusivity is a bugger

Seems the new Monster Hunter Stories game is also coming to PC. There is a Steam page up which allows you to pre-order, and the price is 3499 Rs for standard edition and 4155 Rs for Deluxe Edition. Release date is the same too (July 9th, 2021)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1277400/Monster_Hunter_Stories_2_Wings_of_Ruin/

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

TIL that you have to be HR49/50, have tempered ED tracks, to unlock tempered ED investigations, from which you get warriors/hero's streamstones in order to unlock Augments.

I blew around 2 hours and all 4 attempts on hunting a tempered Baseljuice in an investigation with 15 min time cap and 2 faints allowed just to get one of those warrior streamstone before coming to this realization :(

All because evil people on the internet peddle this totally false meme that you can get warriors/hero streamstone on tempered level 2 investigations with all the time cap and only one faint allowed type constraints :ranting:

Hahaha! The base game's end game was such horrible shite, I don't know how people even managed to grind those streamstones. Just pick up Iceborne man, it's on sale on Steam. Trust me, it's worth the price. :P 

4 hours ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Hahaha! The base game's end game was such horrible shite, I don't know how people even managed to grind those streamstones. Just pick up Iceborne man, it's on sale on Steam. Trust me, it's worth the price. :P 

Can confirm.

Also the grind to reach there is not bueno, it's totally boring, they f**ked the ED weapons, certain weapon types have missing Kushala or Teostra weapons, Kirin weapons are low raw and high thunder thrash for the most part, Teostra weapons has Blast type damage not Fire  :loco:

I like already have the top tier rarity 8 Nergi and Vaal Hazak GSes and they are soo good, no need to farm for anything else.

On the armor side of things i'm running a full Nergi set which has some insane affinity boosting skills, the only thing seemingly better is the Lunastra set.

Going to complete that one Lunastra and Teostra special assignment mission, kill JhoJho etc now considering that capture pro achievement is out of the way.

12 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

Can confirm.

Also the grind to reach there is not bueno, it's totally boring, they f**ked the ED weapons, certain weapon types have missing Kushala or Teostra weapons, Kirin weapons are low raw and high thunder thrash for the most part, Teostra weapons has Blast type damage not Fire  :loco:

Teostra does inflict blast status, so won't be completely inaccurate, but yeah, he practically breathes fire, so should have had fire element weapons. Good thing for you GS scales with RAW damage, so blast is perfect for you. :P

Nergi's weapons were really top class till we hit Kulve Taroth in base game. Try to get the Behemoth armour, that has some good skills on it.

19 hours ago, roun90 said:

Seems the new Monster Hunter Stories game is also coming to PC. There is a Steam page up which allows you to pre-order, and the price is 3499 Rs for standard edition and 4155 Rs for Deluxe Edition. Release date is the same too (July 9th, 2021)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1277400/Monster_Hunter_Stories_2_Wings_of_Ruin/

That's awesome but sadly I neither have a capable PC to run it. 

?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Lette

Finally reached HR50, was a slog till  I decided to make like ~2 or so Rarity 8 weapons for that "5 rare weapons" achievement, one of which is the Kirin Thunderpeal swagaxe.

Probably going to beat Tempered Kushal's steel-plated a*s with it in the investigation.

I can now do the Tempered JhoJho event which apparently drops those warriors streamstones. :D

Played one MP game with these Chinese folks, first 4 man game, I guess the aggro being shared between 4 guys is the best part of MP, aside from the diversity of weapons and gameplay and all.

I also became victim to the infamous LS tripping and Gunlance shelling blowing me away :ranting:

Really sad GS doesn't have these troll tripping/launching/explosion moves.

• Like 1

2dd.jpg

Finally unlocked Augmentation, the Warrior's Streamstone dropped from a Teostra in a 30min/2 faints only investigation.

Was a pain to kill, the investigations with more liberal time/faints/mp players are much more easier, it's as if they buff the EDs for these types of  'constrained' missions.

I need to get Iceborne asap.

11 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

2dd.jpg

Finally unlocked Augmentation, the Warrior's Streamstone dropped from a Teostra in a 30min/2 faints only investigation.

Was a pain to kill, the investigations with more liberal time/faints/mp players are much more easier, it's as if they buff the EDs for these types of  'constrained' missions.

I need to get Iceborne asap.

Nice! Hope you're augmenting it for health regeneration. That's the only thing you'll need on a GS. :P 

1 hour ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Nice! Hope you're augmenting it for health regeneration. That's the only thing you'll need on a GS. :P 

Seems like a meme skill.

Like I run a full Nergi set and hp regen on hit is the set bonus.

Never actually noticed it's effects.

tbh with gs you can't spam hits, it's just hit and run/sheathe/heal and then the triple charge combo if a good opening shows itself up.

The circle button on my DS4 is used extremely sparingly, the triangle gets mashed all the time.

Thinking also of switch to LBG/HBG in this, looks like they have improved the ranged options massively since 10 years back.

That augment is pretty much all you'll need as GS does a massive damage when it lands a single hit. The regen value of base game's augment was very high, so your Nergi set's bonus pale's in comparison. A full TCS hit connecting with the monster can heal you to the max when your health is really low. This is probably one of the only weapons that benefits a lot from the health augment. 

None of the other augments would really benefit at this stage as most of them (affinity, attack, defense etc.) are pretty much easily doable via gems and armour combinations. 

EDIT: @PhantomShadeTotally forgot to inform you that since all the event quests are permanently unlocked now. There are 2 event quests that you'd definitely want to farm for easier decoration quickly: 'The Greatest Jagras' quest & 'he Name's Lavasioth'. The former is a huge Jagras and the latter is a puny Lavasioth. Both give crazy amount of decos. 

Edited by Ethan_Hunt
  • Like 1

On 7/7/2021 at 1:23 PM, Ethan_Hunt said:

That augment is pretty much all you'll need as GS does a massive damage when it lands a single hit. The regen value of base game's augment was very high, so your Nergi set's bonus pale's in comparison. A full TCS hit connecting with the monster can heal you to the max when your health is really low. This is probably one of the only weapons that benefits a lot from the health augment. 

None of the other augments would really benefit at this stage as most of them (affinity, attack, defense etc.) are pretty much easily doable via gems and armour combinations. 

EDIT: @PhantomShadeTotally forgot to inform you that since all the event quests are permanently unlocked now. There are 2 event quests that you'd definitely want to farm for easier decoration quickly: 'The Greatest Jagras' quest & 'he Name's Lavasioth'. The former is a huge Jagras and the latter is a puny Lavasioth. Both give crazy amount of decos. 

Thanks for the tip, not farming for decos and streamstones now though, want to plat this game, so now plan on grinding large/small crown monsters on those 5 monster event quests and the two event quests you mentioned( they give guaranteed crowns ).

Basically in MR your HR armor and all decos are worthless, just like the transition from LR to HR, and I do plan to get Iceborne in the future, better to plat this game in the meantime.

• Like 1

Going for the 50 Arena Quests achievement now.

245.gif

Also got legit confirmation today about "multi monster high reward investigations giving large/small gold crowns" wisdom nugget being peddled across MH threads on the internet, got this one investigation with azuralos, uragaan, and B-52 stratofortress, all tempered, with 4 purple reward boxes.

4 attempts were there, did all 4 and got 1x small crown Azuralos, 1x large gold crown b52 and 1x large gold crown Uragaan.

I hate the arena quests with a passion. Have barely touched any of them. If they would have let us use the existing loadout it would be bearable. As for the crowns, never actively bothered with them either. I got all of mine just casually hunting the monsters repeatedly.

E5185l1-Uc-AQrk-Wn.jpg

23 hours ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

I hate the arena quests with a passion. Have barely touched any of them. If they would have let us use the existing loadout it would be bearable. As for the crowns, never actively bothered with them either. I got all of mine just casually hunting the monsters repeatedly.

E5185l1-Uc-AQrk-Wn.jpg

O_O

MR 999 HR 999

You seem like one of those good souls who join HR sos flares and proceed to do animal rights violations on a bazelgeuse or teostra, turning a 50 min quest into a 3 min quest.

I love these type of guys.

They are usually HR200+ or so, rock the best Iceborne gear and always have a female character with some fancy layered armor/transmog on.

I'm grinding for the 100 mp quests achievement, really hope these high HR dudes join my quest or they join some other sos flare i'm also doing.

1 hour ago, PhantomShade said:

O_O

MR 999 HR 999

You seem like one of those good souls who join HR sos flares and proceed to do animal rights violations on a bazelgeuse or teostra, turning a 50 min quest into a 3 min quest.

I love these type of guys.

They are usually HR200+ or so, rock the best Iceborne gear and always have a female character with some fancy layered armor/transmog on.

I'm grinding for the 100 mp quests achievement, really hope these high HR dudes join my quest or they join some other sos flare i'm also doing.

:lol:

Iceborne is where it's all at right now. I see very low activity on the HR side when I look for an SoS on the PS4 side. MR isn't too crowded now either, but that's where I join most of the SOS quests. 

I would suggest saving the crown farming trophies towards Iceborne as well. You can farm the ones which give your guaranteed crows from the events. There is also some trophy for the random animal spawn capture that needs to be done, which is again dam boring. They should have really made the trophies to be skill based challenge ones (the arena one is one of those), rather than these RNG based stupidity. 

How's the arena hunt going?