Big Boss

2K Sports has taken the slower simulation gameplay approach for WWE 2k games, and I don't think they are going back to faster arcade gameplay of old SmackDown / SmackDown vs Raw games with 2k18. Perhaps western playerbase is satisfied with the simulation approach and those sales are all that matters to TakeTwo.

Some info about WWE 2k18 from 2k blog (https://wwe.2k.com/news/entries/wwe-2k18-feature-set-reveal-developer-blog-post) :

The Creation Suite gets even deeper with improvements to Create-a-Superstar, Create-an-Arena and Create-a-Video. The Highlight Replay System now enables users to save game replays to make into future videos and adds a free-roaming camera for further creative and editing control. In addition, we are also bringing creativity to matches with a new Create-a-Match feature. This addition lets players create a custom set of rules for a match, save them and use them in either Play Now or WWE Universe.

WWE 2K18 also delivers a new MyPLAYER experience that introduces fighting styles and a brand new upgrade and progression system. Players can choose from eight fighting styles to help define their MyPLAYER experience. Each fighting style comes with its strengths and weaknesses, so the choice of style matters. No one style can be a master of all! Are you going to be a High Flyer, a Brawler or maybe a Technician? The choice is yours.

With a compelling new MyPLAYER system, we also wanted something unique and different for your MyPLAYER to do in WWE 2K18. Thus, a brand new MyCAREER experience awaits, incorporating a new story and a free-roaming backstage area that allow your MyPLAYER to interact with other WWE Superstars and help direct the narrative. Did you take offense to someone? Are you going to go it alone?  Are you going to align with the General Managers or are you going to let your in-ring prowess speak for itself? The new MyPLAYER experience provides many choices in for how players experience their unfolding stories.   

Finally, WWE 2K18 is delivering an all-new Road to Glory Mode that lets players compete against others, using their MyPLAYER characters, in a quest to qualify for WWE pay-per-view events. There is a lot more to share about the new Road to Glory Mode in the coming months, but we are really excited to see everyone bring their MyPLAYER creations to this new level of competition.

WWE 2K18 will be the most realistic WWE game to date in the franchise. This year, we developed an entirely new graphics engine that delivers spectacular new lighting, more realistic skin and new camera effects. The WWE Superstars, crowds and arenas have never looked better. Since words don’t do visuals justice, we are excited to show you how amazing WWE 2K18 looks in the near future.

Along with the great visuals, WWE 2K18 introduces a new commentary team. With the trio of Michael Cole, Byron Saxton and Corey Graves at the commentary table, a WWE 2K game has never sounded better. We also greatly improved crowd sounds, including the addition of authentic crowd chants, to bring the entire WWE experience to life. In short, WWE 2K18 has never been closer to what our fans see every week on WWE television and at live events.

WWE 2K18 continues improving and refining the simulation gameplay experience that sits at the core of the franchise. For WWE 2K18, we are bringing new mayhem and carnage in the form of eight-person matches, including Ladder matches, the Royal Rumble, Eight-Person Tags and even a Battle Royal. Players can now experience the chaos of eight WWE Superstars all vying for the same goal! 

Speaking of Royal Rumble matches, we also revamped these by implementing new elimination mechanics, a quick elimination system, new match-specific finishers and new elimination sequences. With eight WWE Superstars in the ring, combined with the new mechanics, the Royal Rumble is better than ever.

WWE 2K18 also sees the addition of a new carry system, which we’ll share more details on in the future, as well as thousands of new animations. These are just a few of the changes we made with the gameplay for WWE 2K18 as we develop the most complete WWE simulation experience.

WWE Universe Mode sees changes in WWE 2K18, including a new story system that provides more flexibility in how stories play out. The interactions between WWE Superstars build up to rivalries and determine what stories will unfold. The new story system also supports very diverse pay-per-view calendars, meaning it manages WWE’s current pay-per-view schedule alongside player-created custom pay-per-view calendars. In addition, there are new story cut scenes, new Power Rankings and even a new Superstar goal feature to be announced in the future.

For WWE 2K18, we are working hard to improve the online experience in several ways. For example, we are reworking the search system for Community Creations to ensure everyone is able to find the best amazing content created and made available by the community. Additional improvements will be announced later this year.

All of these feature additions and improvements are only made better by the largest roster in WWE gaming history. We are excited to share the roster for this year’s game soon, but for now, our recent announcement of WWE Hall of Famer and current Raw General Manager, Kurt Angle, as the game’s pre-order bonus is a sign of the good things to come with the roster.

– Mark Little, Executive Producer, Visual Concepts

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/08/16/wwe-2k18-first-47-playable-superstars-announced

For now though, here’s all 47 new announcements in full…

Bray Wyatt

Dolph Ziggler

Sami Zayn

Dean Ambrose

Baron Corbin

Kalisto

Akira Tozawa

Sin Cara

Hideo Itami

Eric Young

Jinder Mahal

Bushwacker Butch

Bushwacker Luke

Konnor

Viktor

Cesaro

Sheamus

Karl Anderson

Luke Gallows

Nikki Cross

Alundra Blayze

Emma

Lita

Summer Rae

Paige

Brie Bella

Nikki Bella

British Bulldog

Buddy Roberts

Diamond Dallas Page

Big Boss Man

Mark Henry

Bam Bam Bigelow

Bret Hart

Dusty Rhodes

The Undertaker

Big Show

Andre the Giant

Kane

Diesel (and Kevin Nash)

Luke Harper

Erick Rowan

Sawyer Fulton

Alexander Wolfe

Killian Dain

Braun Strowman

Goldust

I am playing 2k17 these days
Mycareer is a grindfest so far
Submission controls suck and the divas look awful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whenever I feel like buying WWE 2K games, I just visit WWE game threads to remind myself how crappy it is. 1v069Ms.png OQDfTBd.png

Apart from the hiccups I mentioned above, the game is quite good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2K announces Dwayne Johnson 'The Rock' as WWE 2K18 Executive Soundtrack Producer.

Track list:

Blues Brothers – “Soul Man”

Boston – “Smokin'”

Bruno Mars – “Runaway Baby”

Disturbed – “Down With The Sickness”

Eazy-E – “Boyz-N-The-Hood”

George Thorogood & The Destroyers – “One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer”

Joe Walsh – “Rocky Mountain Way”

Kanye West – “Black Skinhead”

Kid Rock – “You Never Met a White Boy Quite Like Me”

¡MAYDAY! (feat. Tech N9ne) – “Last One Standing”

Tech N9ne (feat. Krizz Kaliko, Serj Tankian) – “Straight Out The Gate”

3 hours ago, Big Boss said:

Lol it looks the same. Slight lighting change and shiny textures. f**king yukes need to gtfo.

true looks same with minor changes , first time i wont be pre ordering it .will wait and buy pc version later on cheap with all dlc. i always bought wwe games on console day one since 8 years 

yukes should be kicked out by 2k

Archived