Path of Exile

Heaven Angel

About time we have a thread for this. 

YvpbN2Y.jpg

Path of Exile is an online Action RPG set in the dark fantasy world of Wraeclast. It is designed around a strong online item economy, deep character customization and unlimited replayability. Path of Exile is completely free and does not sell items or consumables that provide competitive advantage over other players. 

You are an Exile, struggling to survive on the dark continent of Wraeclast, as you fight to earn power that will allow you to exact your revenge against those who wronged you. Created by hardcore gamers, Path of Exile is an online Action RPG set in a dark fantasy world. With a focus on visceral action combat, powerful items and deep character customization, Path of Exile is completely free and will never be pay-to-win.

ss_7b1719a7303c184d0f435711fb5513865cdf8

ss_4b8960b350129c113df4f891e08997e493f42

Path of Exile Key Features Include:

• Download and play for free, but never pay-to-win
  • A dark and deep action RPG
  • Unlimited character combinations with the game's gigantic skill tree
  • Combine skill gems to create unique combat strategies
  • Explore a dark and gritty world rendered from a fixed 3D perspective
  • Explore randomly generated levels for nearly infinite replayability
  • Craft weapons, magic items and even end-game maps to become more powerful
  • Cooperate or compete with thousands of other Exiles in a persistent online world
  • Ascend online ladders in every game mode

Path of Exile was originally released in October 2013 to critical acclaim including winning GameSpot's PC Game of the Year award. Since its launch, Path of Exile has received extensive updates (including five large expansions) and has grown its worldwide community to over 16 million players.  

ss_fb2566dded30e498ed5bc30105e24d9a27b08

ss_0cbbaba79ed7a0d8f24b77b4ae5fa7dc3543a

Expansions

• Sacrifice of the Vaal
  • Forsaken Masters
  • The Awakening
  • Ascendancy
  • Atlas of Worlds
  • The Fall of Oriath

Path of Exile: The Fall of Oriath Features:

• Act 5: The Fall of Oriath:  Return to Oriath. Home to the oppressive templar theorcracy. Explore frozen mountaintops, pristine temples and anarchic city streets. Leave a trail of furious destruction as you seek vengeance for your exile.
  • A Single Playthrough, A Complete Story: The previous difficulty level system has been removed to make room for another five brand new acts, bringing to the total to ten. In these five acts, you will weave through both new and familiar locations and witness the drastic results of your past actions.
  • Claim the Power of the Gods: Path of Exile's new pantheon system provides you with potent powers taken from the gods themselves. But beware, the gods won't go down without a fight.
  • New Ways to Play: With dozens of new items, new skills, new locations, new boss fights and more, Path of Exile: The Fall of Oriath will keep even the most die-hard fans busy for many months to come.

The Fall of Oriath adds six new acts: ACT 5 - ACT 10

The expansion will remove the three difficulties (normal, cruel and merciless) and replace it with a single campaign play-through. After travelling to Oriath in Act 5, the exile returns to Wraeclast in Acts 6 to 10, revisiting familiar lands and slaying the once suppressed gods that have awoken since confronting the Beast in Act 4. Campaigning is divided into two parts: Part 1 being Acts 1 to 5 and Part 2 being Acts 6 to 10. Both parts follows a similar progression; players visit roughly the same areas but their deeds in part one have had consequences that will have to be faced in part two.

Characters will receive a permanent elemental and chaos resistance reduction and soul cost penalty at the end of Act 5 and Act 10.

New expansion update live: 6.7 GB

Steam

The game runs A LOT BETTER. toC2CjG.png

• Like 1

Well, it puts Diablo 3 to shame. Ouch. There is no comparison anymore. D3 is straight to the kiddy casual league. cKDiK5E.png

Played 4+ hour straight and WOW! So many things changed from last time I played. No longer clunky or unpolished. 

It runs very smooth, 60fps. The skills are overwhelming, like a crazy amount of tinkering you can do.  The areas are well designed. Currently in Act 2 and already having a blast. 

And all this is absolutely FREE. DSlgtF4.png This could easily be $60 game + expansion cost. Fantastic job by the devs. 

• Like 1

It's sad there is no controller support for PC version...I don't enjoy playing with mouse and keyboard anymore :|..

They already making it for console then why not add controller option for pc as well?

21 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

New expansion update live: 6.7 GB

Steam

The game runs A LOT BETTER. toC2CjG.png

Visually it looks better than Diablo 3. 

There is no way i will get locked 60 on my pc with all these effects going on lol

Edited by WhiteWolf

Earlier, with all these effects, the fps wud turn to 1. Sometimes the whole server wud crash. But now, slowly they improved performance. All these effects run effortlessly :D

Thr is no controller support bcuz of precision and the need of free movement. You need to be standing in a precise position otherwise you will die.

The game is coming to consoles, but it wont be as hardcore as PC version due to controller limitations rather than hardware

I cant load into the game at all since the expansion dropped. Weird, it was working fine before. Now I just get "Connection was dropped" or some message. 

I mean its F2P so I cant really complain. But still, would be nice if I could continue my game. 

BTW game is super f**king good. Enjoying it more than D3. 

Edited by Aftrunner