HELP : PS4 not connecting

Witchfinder General

Hi guys,

I need help with connecting my ps4 to the internet.Ive been using mtnls internet since I got a ps3 till recently I got to know about a private isp here in my locality which offers good speed for the same cost as mtnl, I got the new connection yesterday,a fiber connection but its not to working fine and I cant figure out what or where the problem is.

I have always used a pppoe wired connection since it gives me NAT1 and saves me a lot of trouble,got a new router too,Dlink 2877al a few months back which too worked fine with mtnls connection.The new connection is setup the same way,pppoe on the same Dlink router, but its coming up with some sort of error everytime I try to setup the ps4 with the pppoe username and password.It either fails to obtain a ip or says the username and password is incorrect while my pc is running on the same pppoe setup.I assigned a static ip for the ps4 and DMZ'd the ip,it connects but then after about 15-20mins my game get laggy and I get kicked out a game and party chat too.I switched back to a old router which was provided by mtnl and Im able to log in through pppoe without any hassles but mtnls connection is slower and the pings bad.

Im hoping to get back to rainbow six as soon as this gets sorted out.Please let me know if someone knows a way to fix this.

Archived