Numbers, MTx, and Fiscal sales discussion thread

EA is stupid af. They could've been a little sensible and have not very predatory and keep it cosmetic. There would be resistance but it would fizzle out. Now all game studios will be taken to task. 
It's a win for us. 
And you can thank the so-called "circlejerk" for it. 
i thought we agreed upon that this would never classify as gambling.. we were even wished good luck for hoping about it.. :rofl:

*beep* you EA

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Greed+arrogance is a deadly combo, you could be the smartest person in the world but you'll do stupid stuff if you're a greedy prick. And people saying they need lootboxes to survive? After turning off MTs in BF2 EA told investors that it doesn't affect their earnings forecast at all. Like I said, if you bought lootboxes you basically paid for Andrew Wilson's haircut :P

i would say he earned it. 

i remember andrew wilson from the ea cricket 2002 days. back then he was just a forum moderator or someone at EA australia. i remember being banned by him along with a bunch of guys from ea au forums for posting something cricket 02 related. :P 

I'm just happy that someone's taking the sh*t for MTs. If anyone feels EA is being made an example of, hey it's gotta start somewhere and it was EA that took it a little too far. After the sh*t that SoW got for lootboxes, EA should have seen where the lines were drawn. But they decided to go ahead anyway and paid the price for their arrogance. 

PS : you know what EA? *beep* you and this is for Westwood. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sobbii said:

i thought we agreed upon that this would never classify as gambling.. we were even wished good luck for hoping about it.. :rofl:

*beep* you EA

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

EA ne sab publishers ki watt laga Di..  Activision used to make so much money with Microtransactions and now they will also suffer haha. 

You get error when u try to open NCGP official Site lol

http://www.ncgp.ga/

Site created by video game publishers to fight Loot boxes :rofl: It's basically a lobby group to stop govt intervention..They want their own people to handle it than government lol

Edited by WhiteWolf

I want f**king politicians to stay away from this tbh.. When they see how much money Activision, 2k nd all makes via microtrsactions they will force devs to share profits instead of stopping them from adding predatory microtransactions in games.

Politicians are far worse and will completely destroy gaming industry.  Just look at whats happening India, Film and sports industry completely ruined by politicians..

17 hours ago, adity said:

Not really, politicians are only a small part of what ruined sports, movies, TV, etc. 

It's because of Indian audiences who have terrible taste. 

BTW Sports are doing fine as long as said sport is cricket. And that is also because Indians only watch cricket. 

Gaming audience also have terrible taste. 

12 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

EA ki toh bc leli SW ne...They should sell the license and focus on their core IPs.  SW is not making them any money.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! 

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! 

Probably the easiest money that ends up on their lap with zero effort apart from their sports tie-ins. 

Also, EA's core IP's are all dead thanks to their own stupid short-sighted machinations. 

• Heaven Angel changed the title to Numbers, MTx, and Fiscal sales discussion thread