Leaving a good hint for santa

Spoiler I don't like to read books any kind of books, novels comic books 
Hate reading [emoji14]

someone should give you more lotr books.. [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, sobbii said:

someone should give you more lotr books.. emoji14.png

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I'd do with War & Peace, subdued my passion to read for a couple of years single handedly. Whoever thought it was an appropriate gift for an 8 year old, I wish them the depths of hell :furious:  :angry::(

I'd do with War & Peace, subdued my passion to read for a couple of years single handedly. Whoever thought it was an appropriate gift for an 8 year old, I wish them the depths of hell :furious:  [emoji34][emoji20]

They gave you War and Peace when you were 8? LMAO they must have had really high hopes for you. [emoji14]

War & Peace at the age of eight?! Yikes!!!  

I started reading fiction at a very young age. Can't remember exactly when but it was probably year or two after i got hooked onto comic books (Archies and DC) when i discovered my grandparent’s library. Having noticed my newfound interest, my grandmother introduced me to Enid Blyton as well as a few books from the Billy Bunter series. Afterwards, i took to Clive Cussler and Alistair MacLean at a time when Doordarshan kept broadcasting Poirot and Derrick over-and-over. But it wasn't until i discovered The Fan Club by Irving Wallace that i took reading seriously! [emoji14] I wouldn't recommend this book to any parent looking to encourage their prepubescent children to develop good reading habits. Luckily, my mother is a single parent. Mills & Boon and some books by Danielle Steele and Jackie Collins helped temper this experience. I can vaguely remember my mother reading books by Sidney Sheldon, Jack Higgins, John Grisham and Jeffrey Archer. Michael Crichton was more to my taste. Are any members here fans of science fiction thrillers?

Yeah my parents knew I loved books more than most other stuff but they just gave me money to buy what I wanted rather than try to guess what I would like. 

They also never really cared what I was reading. Just the fact that I read was enough for them. Which is a good thing cause they would have freaked the f**k out over some of the stuff I read when I was in my teens. So much gore and sex. :lol:

1 hour ago, adity said:

Yeah, man. Looking at my backlog depresses me. 

It's fking bonkers. Couple of years back, I had all the time but I had very few games. Then I started earning and own every game under the sun but no time to play. 

Thats like almost every gamer's story man..the dilemma of life.(and the sales)

8 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

Yeah my parents knew I loved books more than most other stuff but they just gave me money to buy what I wanted rather than try to guess what I would like. 

They also never really cared what I was reading. Just the fact that I read was enough for them. Which is a good thing cause they would have freaked the f**k out over some of the stuff I read when I was in my teens. So much gore and sex. :lol:

I was trying to highlight how important it is for parents and grown-ups to encourage healthy reading habits in their children when they are young. If War and Peace is much too heavy, then try something else. Don't let the experience discourage you. Discovering my grandparent's collection of books and the little encouragement i received during my formative years helped shape me into who i am today, for better or worse. One positive outcome was that i did not succumb to messaging craze when i was in my teens because i refused to give into peer pressure. Plus the crazy sms lingo put me off.

Try not to take this the wrong way but what you're hinting at is basically unsupervised parenting, which isn't what i was trying to suggest in my earlier post.

Tip for Santa : We have a new baby girl, so toys etc.  for baby's first year will be much appreciated. On the gaming front, just got a ps4 pro, have mostly older games. 

Also, who is sending the Miley calendars and questionable paraphernalia to Abhinit this time??

3 hours ago, piper said:

Also, who is sending the Miley calendars and questionable paraphernalia to Abhinit this time??

No one, I've shifted recently and no one has my new address :devil:

13 hours ago, abhinit90 said:

No one, I've shifted recently and no one has my new address :devil:

You should pass it on then, that stuff sent to your previous house with your name on it won't really look so good to your acquaintances... 

Archived