Hi everyone!

A major new patch for AO Tennis is now live, for both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Please download it at your earliest convenience, as the new patch brings a host of new improvements and updates to the game, listed out in patch notes below.

We are working 24/7 to listen to feedback about the game, and make improvements, refinements, and add features based on what the community wants and expects. Thank you for your passion and interest in the great sport, and thank you for your patience as we continue to work on AO Tennis.

Patch Notes:

- Improvements to player shot timing and feedback.
- Improvements to player movement.
- Improvements to doubles.
- Improvements to sound and game atmosphere.
- Increased number of career mode tournaments.
- Changed online quick match to 3 games 1 set plus tiebreak.
- Improved Stability.
- Added Serve and Rally Statistical information to pause menu.
- Added extra morph options to player creation.
- Added extra hair types to player creation.
- Added Yuichi Sugita to playing roster
- Added new Paris courts

upload_2018-2-3_21-11-48-png.204367

upload_2018-2-3_15-23-55-png.204357

This is good I guess..Yeah releasing half baked game and releasing patches to get it to a normal state isnt something one would like but hopefully it reaches a better state to where it is now..

The patch released yesterday has changed the game for the good and people have been posting views positively after installing that patch..

The entire thing is crying cash grab. 

$99 AUD. AAA pricing with fake description.

AO Tennis is the most advanced tennis game ever produced. It combines fully licensed, photo realistic players with a decade’s worth of historical shot data that enhances their AI so that they play just like their real-life counterparts, right down to shot selection at any given point of time in a match. Comprehensive career, tournament and online play modes make this the most in-depth tennis game ever created, and sets a new standard for what a tennis game can offer fans. 

None of it is true. Not sure why anyone would fall for such crap. Might as well just boot up Top Spin/VT since this looks and plays worse than a decade old game. 

When a local news gives you big thumbs down, you know it's beyond terrible. 

• It might sound harsh, but the developers at Big Ant have shown they are consistent when it comes to releasing a half-baked sporting game with a premium price tag.
  • Selling for the RRP of $99.95, AO Tennis has a frustrating lack of polish, poor presentation and subpar mechanics — making it basically feel as if you were playing a PS2 game, not something on a next-gen console.
  • Let’s start with the first major let-down. You pay $100 of your hard-earned cash and want to play with your hero Roger Federer. Well, you can’t. Nor can you play with Djokovic, Kyrgios, Williams, Wozniacki or many other tennis stars.
  • While the creators of AO Tennis claim there will be more professional names added in future updates, it seems like a poor option to release the game with such limited characters — and the majority of those in the game are hardly well-known to casual fans.
  • So for now, $99.95 will not allow you to play using the two people who actually won the male and female grand slam titles in real-life, despite the game being called AUSTRALIAN OPEN Tennis — hmm.
  • But let’s say you can look past the inability to play with anyone other than Nadal and still want to give the game a try. My advice would be: please don’t.
  • Aside from the total lack of commentary, motionless courtside photographers, poorly animated crowd and player reactions with no context, there are terrible controls which players are left to figure out themselves as AO Tennis offers no in-game tutorials.
  • Another criticism I have with AO Tennis — because 100,000,000 issues isn’t enough — is the lacklustre career mode which doesn’t include mini-games or practice courts to up your skills and keep you interested between tournament games.
  • When it comes to playing AO Tennis again, I think I would rather spend a decade in prison. Either do a job properly or stop making games, Big Ant.

Wouldn't even play even if it was free. Just another quick cash-grab from Big Ant. Nothing new. 

Pricing is something which I have always hated in BA games..And they dont believe in discount even after a while of release..

As far as this game release is concerned, really poor decision to release the state in which it was released..I mean you cant expect people to believe in them that they will add content with patches and expect them to pay this huge amount , again..

They have nailed themselves with the awful release and the reviews which followed..

Now the game is getting better but to what extent it will go is something to see..They have said they will be releasing weekly patches till global release which does say that it was more of an early access release rather even beta release of the game to Australia and NZ..

So far the latest patch from them on Saturday has got a positive review finally something to look for in tennis gaming in general..

Hi all!

We've got another patch for you today. This one implements many of the requests that you've been making of us, and adds further enhancements and refinements to the gameplay - enjoy!

Patch notes below (Patch 1.10 on PS4/ Patch 5 or 1.0.0.10 on Xbox One):

- Improved timing meter and aiming marker visual.
- Disabled aiming marker on Veteran and Legend difficulties
- Disabled stamina and timing meter on Legend difficulty
- Rule for awarding extra challenge in tiebreaks correctly implemented
- Rectified the incorrect detection of a double bounce on AI service
- Rectified non-progression issue after completion of 5 set matches
- Stability improvements after Ball/Net collisions
- General movement improvements
- General animation improvements
- General stability improvements

Source : https://forum.bigant.com/showthread.php?tid=6079

Edited by funnyadit

Hi all!

A weekend update; we have another major patch live (Patch 1.10 on PS4/ Patch 6 on Xbox One). This patch adds a major new feature and further refinements to the game.

Patch notes below! Enjoy, and have a great weekend :-)

- Implemented shareable custom Stadium Creator.
- Custom stadiums will be used in Career mode based on location.
- Improved Player Visuals.
- Added new London court.
- Corrected invalid double bounce detection on service.
- General stability improvements.

Stadium creator nice..Enjoy guys..

On 2/10/2018 at 1:32 PM, funnyadit said:

Hi all!

A weekend update; we have another major patch live (Patch 1.10 on PS4/ Patch 6 on Xbox One). This patch adds a major new feature and further refinements to the game.

Patch notes below! Enjoy, and have a great weekend :-)

- Implemented shareable custom Stadium Creator.
- Custom stadiums will be used in Career mode based on location.
- Improved Player Visuals.
- Added new London court.
- Corrected invalid double bounce detection on service.
- General stability improvements.

Stadium creator nice..Enjoy guys..

You have the game?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi tennis fans!

There is a MAJOR new patch live for AO Tennis (Version 1.15), with the following patch notes:

- Added Tutorials
- Added new control and aiming systems
- Improved stamina system
- Improved Stability
- Improved and tuned AI

Let us know what you think! It's the biggest change to AO Tennis to date, so we hope you love it.

And again!!!

Hi tennis fans!

We've got another patch for you to download today. Here's the patch notes:

- Gameplay and AI balancing
- Right Stick Serving Mechanic tuned
- Line Judge decision making on in/out calls tuned
- Difficulty levels further balanced - Pro easier - Legend harder
- Added Menu option to have aim marker only on serving

Thanks as always for playing!

• 4 weeks later...

AO International Tennis – AVAILABLE MAY 8

AO International Tennis is the most advanced, customisable tennis game ever produced. It combines fully licensed, photo realistic players with a decade’s worth of historical shot data that enhances their AI so that they play just like their real-life counterparts, right down to shot selection at any given point of time in a match. More than that, in a world first for tennis games, you’re able to put your real face directly in the action through Big Ant Studios’ leading photogrammetry technology

PLAYFACE™ - Take a photo of yourself, and put your face directly onto a character model, then drop yourself directly into your game via full cross-platform capability between PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4.

DOWNLOAD HUNDREDS OF PLAYERS – Any player created can be uploaded on to Big Ant Studio’s servers for full cross-platform downloads on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. Grab hundreds of new players to test your mettle against!

CUSTOMISATION - Comprehensive Clothing, Stadium and Logo creators. Bring any element you want from the real world into the game for maximum customisation and authenticity.

LICENSED PLAYERS and STADIA – Twenty of the best male and female players on the circuit, including Rafael Nadal and Angelique Kerber, and licensed tennis stadia such as Rod Laver Arena.

ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE - Based on ten years of ball tracking data taken from Australian Open championship matches, players behave as they would in real life.

MOTION CAPTURE - Professional players have been 3D scanned and motion captured in order to bring the most authentic tennis game to date.

HARD COURT, CLAY OR GRASS - Play on your surface of choice, each has a distinct play style and presents different challenges.

CAREER MODE - Start out as a star, or work your way from the bottom, climbing through the rankings, all the way to #1 in the world.

PLAY ONLINE - Challenge the world and become the world champion from the comfort of your living room.

They are releasing along with a PLAYFACE where you can add your face to the game which is great addition for a small company like BA, lets see how it goes..

• 3 weeks later...

Haha nothing like that, I like their way of making games in general.. They can easily mess things up big time I know but they have a good perspective towards the sports games..

Being active member in Planet cricket forum and here , I just pass information whenever I can thats all..

Edited by funnyadit
  • Like 1

I think this is the first video of the game which got me thinking that its good..Release not too long now...

Atleast I hope they quote a competitive price of this, [mind says they would mess the pricing again]..

Edited by funnyadit

1 hour ago, funnyadit said:

I think this is the first video of the game which got me thinking that its good..Release not too long now...

Atleast I hope they quote a competitive price of this, [mind says they would mess the pricing again]..

Seeing this video makes me miss top spin even more. It has been so many years and still that game shits over every other upcoming tennis game in terms of gameplay and fluidity.