Troubles with region locks

TeraBAAP

I want to gift a friend of mine, who lives outside India, a game key.

1. Has anybody bought keys from G2A via FK/Amazon? The ones that come in an envelope - how do you tell if they're region locked or not? I bought one of those and all it says is the platform (Origin) and the game name, no clue if it's globally usable or not. Anyway to tell it without using the key? It also doesn't say if it can be activated only in India.

2. Are Steam games bought in India region locked?

3. While it should be possible, if I have the non-Steam version of a game and my friend has the Steam version, can we both play multiplayer together?

4. Has anyone bought Steam games using Novaplay, any trouble?

Thanks

• Origin games are not region locked. Well, RU/PL have language restrictions but that's it. 
  • All Steam games require same country activation unless it's ROW copy/key. 
  • Non-steam version of the game? You mean pirated copy? If so, unlikely. If you mean by Origin/other client copy and play with Steam copy, then, yeah, you can. 
  • No idea what Novaplay is but all Steam payment modes should work as intended. 

7 hours ago, Joe Cool said:
  • All Steam games require same country activation unless it's ROW copy/key. 
  • Non-steam version of the game? You mean pirated copy? If so, unlikely. If you mean by Origin/other client copy and play with Steam copy, then, yeah, you can. 
  • No idea what Novaplay is but all Steam payment modes should work as intended. 

Well, by non-Steam I meant retail copy of the same game, activated on Origin.

Novaplay is the company that carries out Cash On Delivery on Steam. Thanks for your fast help, was quite confused.

Archived