Joe Cool

The Division 2

1 hour ago, kaka_messi said:

Holy f**k! there is some serious lag issue in this game. Disconnected from server error.... I can understand since it is beta but that lag is f**king hot sheet.

Try harder. :rofl:

14 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Try harder. :rofl:

No bro...seriously. There is some serious lag. Happens every now and then. It is okay when you're not engaged but if you are then it sucks. 

Will play more because it is free..... not gonna dip my potato chip in it though. :lol:

Got 3 pc beta invites as well. 

35 minutes ago, kaka_messi said:

No bro...seriously. There is some serious lag. Happens every now and then. It is okay when you're not engaged but if you are then it sucks. 

It actually runs pretty bad in-action and servers are messy. Kicked us (heaven/draca and myself) about 10 times now so far. On top of that, when the leader got kicked out, we had to re-do the entire mission... moSjClJ.gif 

That DZ zone mission inside lab 6-11 fps. moSjClJ.gif Almost 11/12 GB of RAM usage with very high GPU+GPU usage as well. Crashed a bunch of times. 

Edited by Joe Cool

I think the issue is more with game and not with servers.
Like. When a team member resets(due to any reason), the game refreshes itself. Also, The game tries to keep itself in a constant open world with public instances. This is what makes the cpu and gpu under full load (and no loading screens).
No wonder why the game crashes.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-02-07-ubisoft-advises-you-to-restart-the-division-2-beta-every-two-to-three-hours

What is the point of releasing such half finished betas to public, if all it does is to put gamers away from potential purchase?!! Whatever enthusiasm I had for Anthem, the beta made sure that I keep off from purchasing it anytime soon.

I have not even installed the Division 2 beta yet and now I don't know if I should even bother. Seems like a repeat of Anthem private beta fiasco.

And the balls these companies have, to ask people to fork out $60 in advance just so that they can play a half finished buggy beta release.

10 minutes ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-02-07-ubisoft-advises-you-to-restart-the-division-2-beta-every-two-to-three-hours

What is the point of releasing such half finished betas to public, if all it does is to put gamers away from potential purchase?!! Whatever enthusiasm I had for Anthem, the beta made sure that I keep off from purchasing it anytime soon.

I have not even installed the Division 2 beta yet and now I don't know if I should even bother. Seems like a repeat of Anthem private beta fiasco.

And the balls these companies have, to ask people to fork out $60 in advance just so that they can play a half finished buggy beta release.

Tbh anthem's open beta was damn good. They resolved the loading screen bug and it never had any gameplay issues.

33 minutes ago, kaka_messi said:

Tbh anthem's open beta was damn good. They resolved the loading screen bug and it never had any gameplay issues.

Good on PC maybe, but it was a giant shitshow on consoles. I've been in Alphas that were more stable. Div 2 is opposite I guess, haven't had much issues except couple of disconnects. No crashes, no freezes, no loading screens after loading screens, no disappearing enemies, framerate been mostly stable without dropping PS4 down to 1080p. I didn't have much interest in the game because lol Ubisoft, but the beta has been surprisingly polished on Pro. 

44 minutes ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

Tbh this is better than having no beta/demos and then having terrible launches on day of the release. Plus they help you save money by pulling you out of the hype machine and back to reality. If it wasn't for Anthem demo my Amazon pre-order would still be valid.

1 hour ago, kaka_messi said:

For me the biggest change in the public beta on the console from the private beta was the fixing of the infinite loading bug. That apart the performance issues and server disconnects was more or less the same on PS4. 

Talking of gameplay issues, is it just me or the gun play was god damn boring and AI is sketchy at best. The best bit which was flying is also hindered by the overheating mechanic which I guess can be mitigated later with mods in javelin.  But those are just my opinion.

54 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Good on PC maybe, but it was a giant shitshow on consoles. I've been in Alphas that were more stable. Div 2 is opposite I guess, haven't had much issues except couple of disconnects. No crashes, no freezes, no loading screens after loading screens, no disappearing enemies, framerate been mostly stable without dropping PS4 down to 1080p. I didn't have much interest in the game because lol Ubisoft, but the beta has been surprisingly polished on Pro. 

So you think Div 2 beta is good enough on PS4? Do not want to go through a 50 gig download for nothing.

56 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Tbh this is better than having no beta/demos and then having terrible launches on day of the release. Plus they help you save money by pulling you out of the hype machine and back to reality. If it wasn't for Anthem demo my Amazon pre-order would still be valid.

Amen to that.

3 minutes ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

So you think Div 2 beta is good enough on PS4? Do not want to go through a 50 gig download for nothing.

Amen to that.

Well it is ultimately more Division but uglier. If you enjoyed first one then give it a try. I personally never liked the gunplay in first game and this one doesn't change that opinion. It is still boring, bland and repetitive. But at least technically it is competent enough to not feel like total waste of time.

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

Yeah on PC it was great.

Division 2 on PC though is a mess. Lag, disconnect, etc...

Ubi <3 consoles

Bioware <3 PC 

I guess. :lol:

23 minutes ago, kaka_messi said:

Yeah on PC it was great.

Division 2 on PC though is a mess. Lag, disconnect, etc...

Ubi <3 consoles

Bioware <3 PC 

I guess. :lol:

Not really, yesterday Joe, me and draca played together. There were disconnection problems and even game crashed for me once. 

Other than it was a smooth experience, 100+ frames on 1440p Ultra settings all the time. Played for 5 hours straight. 

There were numerous amount of bugs in game, cars floating, enemies firing through covers and walls, headshot doesn't count, navigation system wobble at some places. 

It is better than Anthem's private demo but not open demo.

Some here on IVG are saying that Anthem's demo was terrible in performance on consoles, on other hand DF videos and user reviews for console people were good and playable all the way. What to believe? 

Both games performs great on PC tho. Servers issues that's the whole another matter.