Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII

Heaven Angel

I never understood the appeal of Zombie mode, especially compared to the excellent spec-ops mode in MW2 and similar co-op modes in other non-Treyarch games. But then again I thought BO1 single player was incredibly overrated and that Treyarch can't do a decent single player (in case of BO4 they literally couldn't) and WaW will always be when they peaked.

1 hour ago, Joe Cool said:

Now you have $60 for MP/Zombies and BR + $60 for season pass + $$$ MTx for BR. 

True. Gaming has lost its good vibes. The season pass and MTx doesnt bother me though as I buy-play-sell, never worrying about dlcs or MTx. CoD mp is just like an yearly indulgence in nostalgia and some good old shooting mechanics(like yours is with fifa). Never cared for its on rails SP so I'd gladly take BR for it. Zombies is meh but simply more of it is still better than the garbage recycled SP.

But to be honest CoD WW2 did MTx really well. All dlc guns were available to everyone with minimal grind and only cosmetic weapon variants were in loot boxes which were again quite easily attainable by play(easier than overwatch, yea). Also there were plenty of gun camos and reticles etc that are easily unlockable which again makes MTx useless. Core gameplay loop is always fun with CoD if you like it. Mechanics are super on point(with controller) and its still one the best handling and smoothest shooter on console. Sharp 60fps. 

As for BR, CoD still has some of the best pure gunplay. If done right and fairly- CoD can have the strongest BR game mode cuz lets face it PUBG was always a glitchfest(and is still shitty on Xbox?) and fortnite is just plain simply not a good 'shooting game'. So yea, I'm optimistic.

On 5/20/2018 at 2:55 AM, kunallkw said:

Anyway to get hands on with the Beta without pre-ordering ? 

Given it's activation it has to be $$ oriented, but still hoping against hope ?

You can always pre-order on Amazon, play the beta and cancel your pre-order at the end of the beta. 

I am looking forward to this game. Been wanting to play a pure grown-up FPS - no thrust jumps, no wall-runs, awesome blood splatter, muscle/bone squashing sound on bullet hit, not historic nor futuristic but present. Have seen quite a few mp videos and I can already feel being hooked to it for some time after it comes out. Hoping to play with you guys at low pings

• 3 weeks later...

I recall when I said that Treyarch was showing lots of promise and would be better than infinity ward. Now it is a joke. 

Activision, EA and M$ are focusing a lot in Gaas which is sad. Also feel sorry for the clueless gamer who will buy this game for the SP

Hope most people boycott the game like they did with battlefront 2. 

As someone who 7x prestige'd blops 3 and re downloaded the game after it became avb on plus 2 days ago, This looks like total garbage. No sp campaign is another big minus. Blackout mode might be the only saving grace. 

13 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

I recall when I said that Treyarch was showing lots of promise and would be better than infinity ward. Now it is a joke. 

Activision, EA and M$ are focusing a lot in Gaas which is sad. Also feel sorry for the clueless gamer who will buy this game for the SP

Hope most people boycott the game like they did with battlefront 2. 

GaaS can work incredibly well. 

Rainbow Six is a phenomenal game with amazing support. CSGO has been going strong for a decade now. Dota 2 is basically never ending. Same for LoL. Halo 5's has been getting constant updates.

You cant judge a service by the worst people that implement it. Blame Activision for being greedy and people who buy this for being stupid. GaaS has nothing to do with this.

^^Yep.

Even small developers are doing a great job with it. Look at Killing Floor 2. 

The idea behind GaaS is solid. And it is beneficial for both the consumer and the developer. You get to play a game you love with new content (often for free) for a long time. Developers create a steady stream of revenue off cosmetics. Everyone wins. 

This is just Activision being scum as usual. CoD has been going down in numbers steadily. It is already no longer the defacto MP game for most people even on consoles. They just wanna milk it for all its worth before even the core abandons it. 

57 minutes ago, Aftrunner said:

GaaS can work incredibly well. 

Rainbow Six is a phenomenal game with amazing support. CSGO has been going strong for a decade now. Dota 2 is basically never ending. Same for LoL. Halo 5's has been getting constant updates.

You cant judge a service by the worst people that implement it. Blame Activision for being greedy and people who buy this for being stupid. GaaS has nothing to do with this.

You’re on point when it comes to proper implementation of Gaas. You just need to treat the customer right. 

EA and Activision treat gaming as a business first and customer second. 

^EA has dropped season passes and made all post-launch content free. They also don't have yearly Battlefield games and have a campaign. 

Meanwhile, 

• Call of Duty - yearly. 
  • Season passes - full content doesn't even come out before another CoD releases.
  • MTX - Call of Duty Points
  • No single player campaign
  • Remastered old maps
  • Zero visual upgrade
  • Same shite zombie mode with 1 extra map this time

On top of that, you can't even buy season pass separately. You need to spend $100+ right away if you want season pass content. 

People love to shite on EA when Activision does everything that EA does in way worse possible way. The only difference is, they do it silently. 

rf.png

Imagine buying season passes and MTX in 2018 while entire industry is making their post-launch content free. Only Activision is selling expansions, season passes, MTX, annual bullshite pass. All together. 

On top of that, you can't even buy season pass separately. You need to spend $100+ right away if you want season pass content. 

What in the actual f**k. :rofl:

They are just straight up ripping off the hardcore fans for as much as they can before the fans move on. 

10 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Imagine buying season passes and MTX in 2018 while entire industry is making their post-launch content free. Only Activision is selling expansions, season passes, MTX, annual bullshite pass. All together. 

Forza does this too. On top of having all of the above, they have four separate passes but the most expensive version doesn't even include them all, and the lootbox loot is actually game changing and not cosmetic. And yeah, they both know how to fly under the radar while EA drops the sh*t from tactical orbit and blows everything up.

Archived