God of War

Big Boss

As someone who replayed GoW3 very recently, the Poseidon fight doesn't feel like it really aged well. Yeah its a massive spectacle with shifting platforms and screen filling effects, but mechanically its very shallow. All you do is fight the water horses, then dodge Posiedon's attacks and fight more horses until QTE triggers. The Kronos fight is even more cinematic, all spectacle and no substance with one QTE after another. The most interesting fights are always one-to-one, testing your dexterity and timing, like Hades or Hercules or Sisters or the last Spartan from GoW2.  

13 minutes ago, waveking said:

Even a 8/10 seems too much for this game. Can't believe the sell-out critics scored this mediocrity so highly. Fanboys will always remain dumb but one can see just how shite gaming journalism has become when games like this get called GOTG and get compared to masterpieces like BOTW and Dark Souls. Just pathetic. 

I thought you were trying to bait people but the salt is real:rofl::rofl: 

@slackerninja bro how much you got paid to dish out 10/10?

2 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

The most interesting fights are always one-to-one, testing your dexterity and timing, like Hades or Hercules or Sisters or the last Spartan from GoW2.  

I'd say that the best moments and fights are how they make you feel, and the vibe they carry, over and above the actual gameplay. It's like WWE. The best matches aren't usually the ones involving the best "wrestling". It's the other factors, the emotional pay-off that add that extra bit to take these moments to epic. 

I loved the Hades fight for it's setting, the colours used, and how they make it end. Brutal. I liked Ganon boss fight because of the entire build-up the game had fed me, and I wanted to see that sum'bitch dee ee ay dee. 

Poseidon was just.. I had my jaw on the floor when that god was flung from within his fighting form. That whole second or two when Gaia literally punches with Kratos and takes out Poseidon's "heart", it is etched in my memory. You may be right that it may feel completely shallow now, but I'm not playing it now. It should feel amazing the first time you experience it. 

Edited by achilles

I give this post a solid 0/10. 
Games are subjective. Maybe you didn't like it. Doesn't invalidate everyone else's opinions. 
It was a great game for me. Loved every moment of it. 10/10 game. 
I pity the fate of the kilobytes used to transport your ignorant comment. 

Masterful [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Finally finished the game over the weekend, spent too much time roaming and doing side quests and in hindsight, should have played it in on a higher difficulty :(

What an amazing game, worth getting a Pro for playing this alone. Now bring on Spidey :wub:

This is f**king insane. First, I am too f**king busy, and have played this game in between travels, and other work stuff, so immersion wasn't great, and I've been under-sleeping just to get enough time to be able to enjoy this game. Then tonight, after a break of a few days, when I'd figured I'd get to spend a good, nice time playing, these fukcing random power cuts are f**king me up. Grrr :ranting::rant: 

I just don't f**king believe it. I can't get time to play, even when I moved the A/V into my room temporarily. FUKC you garib desh and you random f**king power cuts :rant: 

Anti-National

God of War Continues Dominating Sales Charts in the UK for the Fifth Week in a Row

Today Gfk released its video game sales data for the United Kingdom, related to the week ending on May 19th.  Sony Interactive Entertainment Santa Monica Studios’ masterpiece God of War is still at the top, for five weeks in a row.

One more week on the throne and God of War will equalize The Last of Us for PS3, which remained at the top for six weeks, while Gran Turismo 3 on PS2 would be the last boss to beat for the ultimate Sony first-party primacy, but that will require passing eight weeks on the peak of the mountain.

Screenshot-5_21_2018-12_04_22-PM.jpg

Screenshot-5_21_2018-12_04_30-PM.jpg

link

So a super quick question, what's the difference between the day one edition and the copy without day one edition written on it? Is there any difference in content? Also is there any difference in price?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

40 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

So a super quick question, what's the difference between the day one edition and the copy without day one edition written on it? Is there any difference in content? Also is there any difference in price?

No difference other than the cover. 

https://venturebeat.com/2018/05/22/god-of-war-had-the-best-debut-month-ever-for-a-playstation-exclusive/

"God of War has had a better debut than any other PlayStation exclusive ever, according to The NPD Group. Not only was it the best-selling game in the U.S. in April, but it’s performance in its first month also outpaces all other PlayStation exclusives. That’s not just PlayStation 4 — it’s for any PlayStation since the platform’s debut in 1995.

God of War came out on April 20, so it was only available for 10 days in the month. But it was still able to break the record, beating Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, which came out for the PlayStation 2 in October 2004."