God of War

Big Boss

So, as the entire world was going mad about Ragnarok I felt I needed to delve into the GoW saga because I was a complete virgin to the series. Hadn't played a single God of War game! I picked up GoW I about 1.5 months back and so far have completed...

GoW I

GoW II

GoW III

Gow: Ascension

(All back to back without playing any other title in-between or along with).

I have been completely immersed in the GoW universe and the lore along with the smashing gameplay has kept me completely hooked. Not to mention the tremendous action my thumb and index fingers have been getting lately! :rofl:

I completed Ascension last evening and thought will take a break before I pick up GoW 2018 or maybe switch things up and play some other title before I get into it but I seriously can't detain myself from jumping in, it's too darn tempting.

And so installing it on my PC and beginning GoW 2018 tonight :dance:

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Black_Hawk said:

So, as the entire world was going mad about Ragnarok I felt I needed to delve into the GoW saga because I was a complete virgin to the series. Hadn't played a single God of War game! I picked up GoW I about 1.5 months back and so far have completed...

GoW I

GoW II

GoW III

I have been completely immersed in the GoW universe and the lore along with the smashing gameplay has kept me completely hooked. Not to mention the tremendous action my thumb and index fingers have been getting lately! :rofl:

I completed Ascension last evening and thought will take a break before I pick up GoW 2018 or maybe switch things up and play some other title before I get into it but I seriously can't detain myself from jumping in, it's too darn tempting.

Wonder how will you like the gameplay transition ?

I mean the guy literally forgot to jump after having a son and settling down apparently, and you play from a wierd 3rd person shooter perspective.

Meanwhile Donte and Vergil both are 50+ yet total SSS gameplay, felt like a total boss playing Vergil  in DMC5

23 hours ago, Black_Hawk said:

GoW I

GoW II

GoW III

Ascension is the shittiest gow, and a very shitty game. 

Shitty shitty bang bang

• Haha 2

On 12/28/2022 at 8:50 PM, playstationdude said:

Shitty shitty bang bang

Yup even Cory Balrog admitted it was hard for them to recover after Ascension bombed . And then it took them 5 years to launch GOW 2018 changing the overall tone and giving more focus on story and relationship between main characters.

Have been playing GoW 2018 and my goodness me what a change this has been from the previous GoW games which I played!

I'm still getting used to the combat which is now almost from third-person perspective view and just mashing the circle button along with triangle or L1 (cyclone attack) is all a thing of the past now! The world is something else... it's like I start playing and I'm sent into a different world altogether, so beautifully mystical! Very refreshing change from how the previous GoW games panned out. This almost seems like a RPG! Absolutely loving the graphics on PC and the game running butter smooth on my new RX6600! I'm definitely taking my time with this game, no rushing at all. Exploring the map is so captivating.

(I don't care that Kratos cannot jump at the press of a button and I for one like that the jump button only works at the moments in the game where it is needed. Very smooth and seamless).

I wanted a long, story driven and immersive game to take me through winter and this is just perfect! :wub:

Edited by Black_Hawk
  • Like 1

Yes a marked departure from the previous games.

Now it's a bigger challenge for SSM team that what they do next, Kratos is only getting older, soon he will not be able to jump as much as he is able to do in this game, probably a crawl mechanic next.

Need to see where they take the frachisee now, but don't think next game is coming for next 4-5 years.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 months later...
On 12/28/2022 at 8:50 PM, playstationdude said:

Shitty shitty bang bang

this man speaks the truth

On 1/1/2023 at 11:39 PM, AtheK said:

Yes a marked departure from the previous games.

Now it's a bigger challenge for SSM team that what they do next, Kratos is only getting older, soon he will not be able to jump as much as he is able to do in this game, probably a crawl mechanic next.

Need to see where they take the frachisee now, but don't think next game is coming for next 4-5 years.

or maybe, they set Kratos in the Future, where his body is mended with metals, and since he is a God, he's immortal!....what more could we want? just imagine the gameplay!!!

btw, them Muslpheim Trials are fun(in both)! :puspa: