God of War

Big Boss

8 hours ago, SaiKO said:

Ultrawide looks EPIC! Watching in UW monitor...the more real estate on both sides really makes the game more immersive!

This ultrawide is constantly making me miss the top and bottom parts, for example that enemy on the hill shooting arrows from above stays out of fov

3 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Bro uw adds real estate always. It's meant to be played on an ultrawide screen. 

I don’t mean uw crops top and bottom

since more image is added to left and right, it makes me miss more image at top and bottom, adds to the feeling of being exposed to enemies 

Edited by 0verlord

36 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

I don’t mean uv crops top and bottom

since, more image is added to left and right, it makes me miss more image at top and bottom, adds to the feeling of being exposed to enemies 

hmm-good-save-kenny-sebastian.gif

• Haha 1

I wish more PS5 games had UW support. Death Stranding: Director's Cut made me a 'convert' and I realised why PC folks like UW so much. Playing on an OLED makes the black bars irrelevant and makes for an amazing experience.

Any chances GOW: R will have UW support on the PS5?

That is optimization issue, memory leak on cutscene as IGN mentioned. Waiting for DF analysis. Overall, looks like a great first time port from Santa Monica. They have included lots of options on graphics...very nice to see DLSS and FSR is available.

nice baiting btw :D 

3 hours ago, 0verlord said:

This ultrawide is constantly making me miss the top and bottom parts, for example that enemy on the hill shooting arrows from above stays out of fov

UW adds more real estate on left and right, and cuts nothing on top and bottom.

1 hour ago, KrIzAliD said:

Don't think consoles can or going to support UW.. let them first achieve Native 4k with 60/120.. 

Yeah console games won't support UW because TVs are not UW. Death Stranding is just one example which is different. Basically the PC games has UW supports which makes the games more immersive... I think Kojima decided to do UW for console as well when he ported the game on PC.

Horizon PC port also supports UW and looks beautiful in that format.

Like so:

download-14.jpg
download-4.jpg
download-6.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SaiKO said:

Yeah console games won't support UW because TVs are not UW. Death Stranding is just one example which is different. Basically the PC games has UW supports which makes the games more immersive... I think Kojima decided to do UW for console as well when he ported the game on PC.

Like so:

download-14.jpg
download-4.jpg
download-6.jpg

Sucks that we don't have decent UW monitors available here, one that ticks all the boxes. Like this one for eg. Meanwhile you get some incredible monitors in 16:9 aspect ratio.

1 hour ago, SaiKO said:

Like so:

download-14.jpg
download-4.jpg
download-6.jpg

These are awesome 

open world game really benefit from uw

but GoW is a tight up-close in-your-face linear game, which means the tighter 16:9 console ratio is the better option, especially to appreciate the detailed artwork on characters