E3 2018 - General Discussion and News

Uncharted did 10 million plus

Horizon will do so as well

God of War will go past 10 million also

That's 30 million of software sales. Humongous number with just 3 games.

Plus the hardware these games move is another plus.

What do we learn? Quality SP games are here to stay.

What does MS do? 

Backs sea of thieves and cancels Scalebound :doh:

Now no Matter what MS shows this E3, Sony has already won E3 with ND showing up and other first party games. 

Absolute baboons at MS. Just give a dev a 4-5 year cycle to build a game from scratch. They need atleast 3-5 new ips. 

12 hours ago, roun90 said:

True; even last gen, I got the feeling that Sony were trying to improve their situation by launching new IPs like Uncharted, Resistance, Heavenly Sword, Motorstorm, Folklore etc. all within the first 3 years. They did not succeed much, and many IPs even failed. But at least they kept trying until they hit the pay-dirt with MGS 4 and Uncharted 2.

This gen, I get the feeling MS is not even trying and is launching just some 3-4 new IPs (can remember only Quantum Break, Ori, Cuphead and Sea of Thieves) over the past 5 years which is quite sad. Have not even heard anything new about the next Fable they were developing after cancelling Legends, or even a new mainline Gears or Halo for that matter. Forza is the only one that's still continuing.

What really blows my mind is, on one hand we have Sony that really works on backing some pretty unique titles and takes the risk, example games like flow, flower, journey, ico etc etc, while also funding those big blockbuster AAA ips both new and old. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. But that doesn't stop them.

On the other there's MS that seems to rely on a very small bunch of IPs rarely stepping up to fund anything that's remotely a risk. I mean take Ori. I don't know how much it sold or anything but just looking at it is a pleasure all by itself. Ms should be taking more risks. It's not necessary for every risk to pay off but when you see a company like Sony pull it off having while being at a financial disadvantage in comparison to MS you really have to wonder why. I'd love to see MS pull out all the stops, really stop f**king around and just blow everyone's mind.

Won't happen but still....

No. 

WSJ: Next PlayStation Is Three Years Off, Sony Says

The company will spend the time preparing to ‘jump higher in the future,’ says the head of video game unit

• Sony Corp. SNE -2.75% wants to spend three more years readying its next video game move, the head of the PlayStation business said Wednesday. That would mark a slight slowdown in the six-to-seven-year update cycle for the console since the first one in 1994. The PlayStation 4 went on sale in 2013 and has sold more than 79 million units.
  • “We will use the next three years to prepare the next step, to crouch down so that we can jump higher in the future,” said Tsuyoshi “John” Kodera, who took over last October
  • “We need to depart from the traditional way of looking at the console life cycle,” he said. “We’re no longer in a time when you can think just about the console or just about the network like they’re two different things.”

UBISOFT AT E3 2018 – WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW

Ubisoft's E3 conference kicks off at 1 PM PDT on Monday, June 11, at the Orpheum Theater in Los Angeles.

When the show begins, expect some huge reveals, including fresh looks at Tom Clancy's The Division 2, Beyond Good & Evil 2, Skull and Bones, Starlink: Battle for Atlas and Transference, along with content for For Honor.

Plus, surprises. 

Bring back Zodak? @CarbonCore @KnackChap 

The forum is lately very silent. Zodak is still around. Last Visited: 10 hours ago. Wonder if posting right is disabled. 

E3 season and whatnot. The place needs to be buzzing already. 

9 hours ago, SRINI87 said:

Doesn't feel like old days :(

Wont name but Old days got killed by 2 newly appointed mods back then. One of which hasn't posted in loooong time now.

2 hours ago, Sach4life said:

It is sunday evening there. They are not going to keep conferences according to Indian timings.

I know re but apunko bahut problem hota woh bol rha hum. 

Sat evening is also fine. Much better.

Archived