E3 2018 - General Discussion and News

2 minutes ago, adity said:

CDPR in an investor report in 2017 said that Cyberpunk will release in the next 2 years. Although, it could always be delayed. 

They said before 2021. 

Later years (2017-2021)

• Release of Cyberpunk 2077.
  • Release of another AAA RPG title.
  • Expansion of our core franchises with additional media content and product lines.
  • Further active marketing and support for our earlier releases.
  • Near-twofold expansion of the CD PROJEKT RED team. Creation of four individual teams, two of which will be tasked with development of games representing new segments.
  • Establishment of new local branches of CD PROJEKT RED in key territories.

Just now, adity said:

I hope Crew 2 has faster upgrades and isn't too grindy. 

It was never grindy actually... You are literally rewarded after each race/activity. You can also directly buy using in-game currency. Could even send your CREW friends on races while offline and earn rewards.

In about ~80 hours, I was able to upgrade all cars to their max level and parts. 

Only starting few hours take time but once you are settled in, the process speeds up as a lot of activities/races open up. The game was very rewarding.

Didn't spend enough time with Crew 2 to form a proper opinion due to time constraints. Only played the intro section and the first Street race after. By the time I actually could sit, extended power outages became a frequent occurrence. Let's see a month or so after it releases.

SEGA and Atlus announce E3 2018 lineup

• Two new Atlus titles being announced on June 7 
  • Shining Resonance Refrain (PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC) 
  • Team Sonic Racing (PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC) 
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4 (PS4, Xbox One, Switch) 
  • Yakuza: Kiwami 2 (PS4) 
  • Total War: Three Kingdoms (PC) 

The worst part is most of the studios doing racing games are either working on something else or closed.

Even criterion, who showed sme  concept for their racing game are now working as 2nd studio to dice in their star wars games..

2 hours ago, Mysteryman said:

Hope one of them be Vanquish 2

Vanquish is not an Atlus title. It's a Sega title. Since the announcement specifically said Atlus title, I don't think it will be Vanquish (although Sega owns Atlus, they are still keeping the divisions and titles separate it seems).

@Joe Cool Thanks; was waiting to hear word from them. Hopefully one of the new titles is Persona 6 or if that's too early then Persona 5 Arena at least. Also hope both their new announcements are for actual home consoles (preferable PS4 although Switch or multiplatform is fine) and not 3ds or mobile titles.

Also thanks man. Most of the E3 news I'm hearing is from your posts. Thanks for the effort. 

Not very interested in Persona 5 arena but would love to see Persona 6. Even a teaser or something.  

Remaster old Persona games for PS4 will be amazing too. goYHWMX.png 

Also thanks man. Most of the E3 news I'm hearing is from your posts. Thanks for the effort.

Anytime. E3 is a nice time and community gets together. So many games to look forward to. goYHWMX.png

9 hours ago, adity said:

There is almost zero chance of Persona 6 showing up. Those games take a lot of time to make and its been only 2 years since persona 5 released. They might announce an SMT game though.

Actually Persona 6 is very much possible since Persona 3 released in 2006 and Persona 4 released in 2008. The long delay between 4 and 5 was mainly because the transition to HD for most Japanese companies, especially small ones like Atlus (Atlus was very small at the time) was too rough. That's why they only had Catherine throughout the PS3/360 gen on home consoles. That game was more like an engine test for them. Now that the engine and all other technical aspects are sorted, don;t see what's stopping them from releasing a new game for their most profitable and hyped up franchise. So Persona 5 released in 2017 and Persona 6 releasing in 2019, with same 2 year gap as P3 and P4 is possible (at least we can hope!!)

Also, new SMT is already announced. It's coming for the Nintendo Switch (most likely exclusive). So new SMT will not be a new announcement.

@Joe Cool True, an Arena game will come no-where close to a new Persona. But still, t's better if we get an Arena game (only if we don't get a mainline new game) because it will serve as a direct sequel of sorts to Persona 5. Persona 4 Arena takes place after the events of Persona 4, tells a sequel "what happened after the game" story and allows the meet-up between Persona 4 and Persona 3 cast. If Persona 5 Arena follows the same formula, it might be the most relevant out of all the spin-offs there are. New IPs are also a possibility.

Don't think remasters will garner too much excitement though. There are already a ton of remasters for both P3 (2 times remastered with major extra content) and P4 (1 remaster/remake with major extra content). Just telling the same story again will be boring. P1 and P2 are too ancient. And their mechanics are completely different. In fact, you might even find it difficult to call them Persona games if you play them. And adding things like Social links will be very odd and not at all fitting to those games (the story itself makes that difficult). So I have to wonder how they will even remake them (forget remaster)

Also true, E3 is a damn fun time to be in this community. It's awesome here at this time of the year!

There is no chance of Persona 6 coming so early. They are first goinf to release some spin offs of Persona 5 like they did for Persona 4. Persona 6 won't be coming before 2020 at rhe very least, even that is too early.

@Sach4life Persona 6 coming early is unlikely; true, but no chance at all is exaggerating. End 2019 or 2020 is possible (after new SMT releases someting end of this year or beginning/mid 2019).See the gap between release dates of Persona 3 and 4. Anyway, I'm hoping for an announcement, not a release date. Spin-offs will continue ofc. Dancing game is already slated to be out soon. Q2 will mostly come by year-end/next year as well. But main team is not doing spin-offs. And now that Persona has become far more main-stream, there is a limit on the patience of people. At the time of P4, the series was niche and only a dedicated core fan-base existed. So, it was fine to make people wait for 10 years for a new game. That small group was also fine with just lapping up the minor single game milking spin-offs. They try that again, and I think they are going right back to the niche status of P3 and P4, completely losing the new fan-base P5 has built up. This gen, waiting 5-6 years for a new game in the series is a very long time.

25 minutes ago, roun90 said:

@Sach4life Persona 6 coming early is unlikely; true, but no chance at all is exaggerating. End 2019 or 2020 is possible (after new SMT releases someting end of this year or beginning/mid 2019).See the gap between release dates of Persona 3 and 4. Anyway, I'm hoping for an announcement, not a release date. Spin-offs will continue ofc. Dancing game is already slated to be out soon. Q2 will mostly come by year-end/next year as well. But main team is not doing spin-offs. And now that Persona has become far more main-stream, there is a limit on the patience of people. At the time of P4, the series was niche and only a dedicated core fan-base existed. So, it was fine to make people wait for 10 years for a new game. That small group was also fine with just lapping up the minor single game milking spin-offs. They try that again, and I think they are going right back to the niche status of P3 and P4, completely losing the new fan-base P5 has built up. This gen, waiting 5-6 years for a new game in the series is a very long time.

I am not talking about a 5-6 year gap. But i don't want a new game to come out after 2 year gap either. I would rather have them take their time. By the end of 2020 is still ok. But pretty much no chance of a new game coming next year. Releasing a new game after every 2 years won't be good for the franchise anyway. 

Archived