E3 2018 - General Discussion and News

8 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Ubisoft will be announcing another AAA title soon and will be released before March 31, 2019.

kNVoCEt.jpg

Place bets on Splinter Cell vs. Watch_Dogs 3. 

My bet would be on an Assassin's Creed, though would love it to be Rayman.

11 hours ago, Maximus said:

My bet would be on an Assassin's Creed, though would love it to be Rayman.

Too soon for Assassin's Creed. They did a great work on Origins and rushing it like old days would suck.

I'll be happy with either Splinter Cell or Watch_Dogs 3...or both.

21 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Ubisoft will be announcing another AAA title soon and will be released before March 31, 2019.

kNVoCEt.jpg

Place bets on Splinter Cell vs. Watch_Dogs 3. 

Splinter Cell.

Sony : Now we are ready

Gamers : Ready for what

Sony : The Last of Us 2

:panic::panic:

@Playstationdude Yup; still remember how they said you had to login online to register your presence every 24 hours or the system will get locked down, convoluted system of sharing or exchanging discs, openly admitting in that interview with the military personnel that if you cannot be online once every 24 hours or are without net, you don't deserve XBox One and should stick to Xbox 360. They also said all of this was within the X1 architecture and cannot be changed at all.

And I was thinking is this how you sell a console. Just why would I have to report my presence to MS every 24 hours

And the pre-order numbers were so bad that they had to retract all statements, and some simple patches somehow changed that entire architecture of the console which they said "cannot be changed"

But truly, having a generation lead/high sales, seems to bring out the absolute worst arrogance in companies. Sony became arrogant at the PS3 launch and paid for it that gen. MS became arrogant at X1 launch and is paying for it this gen. Let's hope the cycle is broken here. Don't want arrogant Sony at next (PS5/X2) gen and arrogant MS at PS6/X3 gen.

4 minutes ago, roun90 said:

@Playstationdude Yup; still remember how they said you had to login online to register your presence every 24 hours or the system will get locked down, convoluted system of sharing or exchanging discs, openly admitting in that interview with the military personnel that if you cannot be online once every 24 hours or are without net, you don't deserve XBox One and should stick to Xbox 360. They also said all of this was within the X1 architecture and cannot be changed at all.

And I was thinking is this how you sell a console. Just why would I have to report my presence to MS every 24 hours

And the pre-order numbers were so bad that they had to retract all statements, and some simple patches somehow changed that entire architecture of the console which they said "cannot be changed"

But truly, having a generation lead/high sales, seems to bring out the absolute worst arrogance in companies. Sony became arrogant at the PS3 launch and paid for it that gen. MS became arrogant at X1 launch and is paying for it this gen. Let's hope the cycle is broken here. Don't want arrogant Sony at next (PS5/X2) gen and arrogant MS at PS6/X3 gen.

I think sony has learnt its lesson. They know what's the USP of a GAMING console- its the GAMES. MS on the other hand does not WANT to learn.

17 minutes ago, Playstationdude said:

I think sony has learnt its lesson. They know what's the USP of a GAMING console- its the GAMES. MS on the other hand does not WANT to learn.

True; even last gen, I got the feeling that Sony were trying to improve their situation by launching new IPs like Uncharted, Resistance, Heavenly Sword, Motorstorm, Folklore etc. all within the first 3 years. They did not succeed much, and many IPs even failed. But at least they kept trying until they hit the pay-dirt with MGS 4 and Uncharted 2.

This gen, I get the feeling MS is not even trying and is launching just some 3-4 new IPs (can remember only Quantum Break, Ori, Cuphead and Sea of Thieves) over the past 5 years which is quite sad. Have not even heard anything new about the next Fable they were developing after cancelling Legends, or even a new mainline Gears or Halo for that matter. Forza is the only one that's still continuing.

Archived