2018 FIFA World Cup - France Le champion du monde

Heaven Angel

Matchday 1: Russia vs. Saudi Arabia

Venue: Luzhniki Stadium

Time: 16:00 UK

The hosts would equal their longest run without a victory if they fail to beat Saudi Arabia

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• Saudi Arabia won 4-2 at home in the only previous encounter, a friendly in October 1993.

Russia

• Since the dissolution of the Soviet Union, Russia have never reached the knockout stage of the World Cup in three attempts (1994, 2002, 2014). They have finished third in their group in each of those three tournaments.
  • France were the last World Cup hosts to win the trophy in 1998. South Africa, in 2010, are the only host nation to be knocked out in the group stage.
  • Russia are winless in their last five games at the World Cup (D2, L3). Their only two victories at the World Cup as an independent nation were against African teams (6-1 versus Cameroon in 1994 and 2-0 against Tunisia in 2002).
  • If he plays, Sergei Ignashevich will become the oldest player to represent Russia at a World Cup (38 years, 335 days), surpassing Lev Yashin's record of 36 years and 279 days.

Saudi Arabia

• This is Saudi Arabia's fifth World Cup, but their first since 2006. They have finished bottom of their group in their last three appearances.
  • Saudi Arabia are winless in their last 10 games at the World Cup, losing eight of them, since beating Belgium 1-0 in 1994.
  • They have never won their opening match at the World Cup (D1, L3).
  • Saudi Arabia have kept only one clean sheet in their 13 World Cup fixtures. They have also failed to score in seven of their last nine games in the tournament.
  • The Saudis have lost eight of their nine World Cup matches against European nations, with their solitary victory coming courtesy of Saeed Al-Owairan's brilliant solo goal against Belgium in 1994.
  • Mohammed Al-Sahlawi scored 16 goals in qualifying - the joint-most of any player, although eight of those came in two games against Timor-Leste.

Guys, i will be on the move for some of the games. Most of it , I can stream but i need suggestions for a good app for android which has all the stuff including a live blog. I saw one which I believe is the official fifa one. Is that the best?

12 minutes ago, b!T said:

Guys, i will be on the move for some of the games. Most of it , I can stream but i need suggestions for a good app for android which has all the stuff including a live blog. I saw one which I believe is the official fifa one. Is that the best?

No live blog but SonyLiv and AirtelTv willbe showing all games free on their apps. 

Archived