Assassin's Creed: Odyssey

Mysteryman

Hi 

You have a significant collection of the series. 

If you want to fully enjoy the story & lore of the series I would recommend to watch original AC 1 in movie form on YouTube.

& then play Ezio Collection. 

Preferably would recommend you to buy AC 3 remaster aswell when it’s up on discount & play that(alternatively watch in movie form). 

Then Play BlackFlag. 

The story was in streamline until this point & after that it just got scattered & order doesn’t really matter now. 

But mind you,these are very old games with janky controls & animations.

So if you really want to enjoy modern games you can probably Start with Origins or Unity. 

But you won’t be able to make sense of anything happening in this expansive universe. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, iamX said:

Hello,

I started PS gaming earlier this year and have racked up a huge collection but don't get enough time to play.

I have never played an AC game before but I've heard lots of great things about it. I currently have AC Ezio Collection, Unity, Black Flag, Syndicate, Origins and Odyssey. I wanted your help in determining what games should I start with. The reviews of Origins and Odyssey are especially tempting but i would like to start in the right order. Please also do lemme know if I'm missing a significant one from the series.

Thanks a lot.

Hello there!

You're on track with most of the titles barring a few spin-offs and mainline titles, but that's fine. You can jump right into Ezio collection and move in the order of release. It's not just from a story standpoint, but with the gameplay being polished with every subsequent title. So if you play say Odyssey first and then go for Ezio collection, it would be a massive difference and might not be that appealing. Each entry has it's own main story that is self contained, but the core backstory ties into a convoluted mess as the games progress. So it's not something you'd need to be too concerned about and can enjoy without much prior knowledge. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks a lot for the quick response, you guys. So, this is what I'm thinking:

AC1 in movie form on YT >  Ezio Collection >  Unity > Black Flag > Syndicate > Origins > Odyssey.

Last question - How are AC Chronicles and Rogue Remastered, are they worth getting?

Really appreciate the help :)

35 minutes ago, iamX said:

AC1 in movie form on YT >  Ezio Collection >  Unity > Black Flag > Syndicate > Origins > Odyssey.

Last question - How are AC Chronicles and Rogue Remastered, are they worth getting?

You're saying you don't have much time to game and yet you've taken on a humongous task :ko: 

Just FYI, personally, I don't think Ezio collection gameplay and controls really holds up to todays standards, so don't get put off by it.

BlackFlag onwards the games feel much more modern. 

Edited by dylanjosh
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, iamX said:

Everything correct except:- 

Play BlackFlag before Unity as it was a direct sequel to it & Gamplay/animations/graphics jump a generation. 

Make sure to either play (preferably) or atleast watch AC 3 remaster coz it’s the climax of the Desmond (original protagonist) & the original story arc. 

Story & lore goes downhill beyond that point. 

2 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

Just play 1 of the older games and 1 of the new games and be done with the series. No point playing all of them, especially with limited time at hand

This is a really good suggestion to be honest :P

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, iamX said:

Hello,

I started PS gaming earlier this year and have racked up a huge collection but don't get enough time to play.

I have never played an AC game before but I've heard lots of great things about it. I currently have AC Ezio Collection, Unity, Black Flag, Syndicate, Origins and Odyssey. I wanted your help in determining what games should I start with. The reviews of Origins and Odyssey are especially tempting but i would like to start in the right order. Please also do lemme know if I'm missing a significant one from the series.

Thanks a lot.

Play Ezio collected, black flag, Syndicate and odyssey. Avoid the rest. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, AnK said:

Everything correct except:- 

Play BlackFlag before Unity as it was a direct sequel to it & Gamplay/animations/graphics jump a generation. 

Make sure to either play (preferably) or atleast watch AC 3 remaster coz it’s the climax of the Desmond (original protagonist) & the original story arc. 

Story & lore goes downhill beyond that point. 

This is a really good suggestion to be honest :P

Thanks, definitely getting AC3 remastered. Silly question, should I play it right after AC2 in Ezio collection, or after all 3 games in Ezio.

I'm not too concerned about the outdated controls, and about the time constraint, with the coming holiday season, I'll have relatively more free time till the new year, hence the decision to finally get started on AC. if they do feel like a chore, I'll go with sach4life's suggestion. :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iamX said:

Thanks, definitely getting AC3 remastered. Silly question, should I play it right after AC2 in Ezio collection, or after all 3 games in Ezio.

Ezio Collection is kind of AC2 as a whole 

So it’s very important you play AC3 only after completing AC2 trilogy collection.

Story was really great & mind boggling up until AC3 

So only reason you’d really want to play those old games is the Story & lore. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...