Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Heaven Angel

On 1/9/2020 at 9:27 PM, sobbii said:

For eg Early in the game you die a lot.. Characters get the rot.. You keep dying.. They are coughing gets intense.. And thn they die.. You lose a Npc..

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Yes I saw one npc is dead, I can't buy kunai to get arm upgrade.

Reached the endgame,before final boss.

I have 42 unspent skill points now in 30 hours of gameplay.

Now will grind for the remaining 13 points, backup a save and if I can't beat ishin use them all for dragon mask :p :p

(Should take 4-5hours)

Edited by GunnerY2J

3 hours ago, GunnerY2J said:

Yes I saw one npc is dead, I can't buy kunai to get arm upgrade.

Did you check the Donation Box next to Hanbei the Undying? All important items that you missed should wind up there

Also AFAIK, Dragonrot does not kill. It simply prevents quest progression of NPCs. Those NPCs who die are either fated to death by story or killed by you - the player.

23 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Did you check the Donation Box next to Hanbei the Undying? All important items that you missed should wind up there

Also AFAIK, Dragonrot does not kill. It simply prevents quest progression of NPCs. Those NPCs who die are either fated to death by story or killed by you - the player.

No idea about donation box, don't know a single side NPC in the game.

I saw that I don't have the phantom kunai so Google pointed out to the seller at ashina outskirts ? 

The one who sells Phantom kunai to get the butterfly shuriken upgrade.

I didn't do anything to anyone in the game except enemies.

Or fire killed it as ashina is now on fire after divine dragon ?

Edited by GunnerY2J

41 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

No idea about donation box, don't know a single side NPC in the game.

I saw that I don't have the phantom kunai so Google pointed out to the seller at ashina outskirts ? 

The one who sells Phantom kunai to get the butterfly shuriken upgrade.

I didn't do anything to anyone in the game except enemies.

Or fire killed it as ashina is now on fire after divine dragon ?

You know the training dummy guy near the Dilapalated Temple (Where the Sculptor is situated)?

If you don't know where he is - just go to the right from the temple entrance (up a snowy slope - nornal walk, no grappling needed). There is an immortal guy there called Hanbei the Undying. He will challenge you to a duel, and after you defeat/kill him - he will get up again and alliw you to practice your new moves on him or duel him. Like his name implies, he cannot die and will just get up no matter how many times you kill him.

Next to him is what looks like a shrine to Lord Buddha, but is actually an offering box.

Image from Sekiro wiki -

offering-box-dilapidated-temple-walkthro

If you pernanently lose out on any important items, like say by NPC dying - you should be able to get it back from here.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, roun90 said:

You know the training dummy guy near the Dilapalated Temple (Where the Sculptor is situated)

Image from Sekiro wiki -

offering-box-dilapidated-temple-walkthro

If you pernanently lose out on any important items, like say by NPC dying - you should be able to get it back from here.

Yes,it was there.

Now only 7 skill points to farm for all points trophy.

Decided to go for the plat.

I don't need to kill all the headless/warrior for the all bosses trophy ?

Have got the items for upgrades except lapaz lazuli.

23 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

You need to kill all of them for Plat. 

I searched for it a bit, and they seem completely optional.

They drop spiritfalls (spirit emblem buffs) of some types and are not needed for the all bosses trophy.

Which trophy are they needed for ? 

Already done two shmichen warriorw that dropped upgrade materials needed.

What am I missing, they are not hard at this point but I don't know the location of them so was thinking of leaving them.

5 hours ago, GunnerY2J said:

Which trophy are they needed for ? 

Already done two shmichen warriorw that dropped upgrade materials needed.

I don't remember what but they give some materials which are linked to 100% completion.  

I completely missed there were mushin arts as well.

Calculations gone to waste [emoji14]

I thought only 4-5 hours - that's not bad at all considering what past dark souls games have had in the form of sunlight medals/trident/pure bladestone farm.

Wouldn't have done a 10 hour farm.

But 20 skills more and now it's 4 hours more and no turning back.

e60a3ac2541a78451e6bbcc8f24bdf35.jpg

For those who completed the game - what order are you doing the bosses? Is Genichiro Ashina good as the 3rd Boss (I finished off Gyoubu Masataka Oniwa and Lady Butterfly). I have around 3 Prayer Bead Health Upgrade, 6 charges of Healing Gourd and 2 attack upgrade (Bosses mentioned above)? I'm asking this because my attacks don't damage Genichiro much at all, when I tried. Also, what would be the next good area to explore? Thanks a lot in advance for the help.

11 minutes ago, roun90 said:

For those who completed the game - what order are you doing the bosses? Is Genichiro Ashina good as the 3rd Boss (I finished off Gyoubu Masataka Oniwa and Lady Butterfly). I have around 3 Prayer Bead Health Upgrade, 6 charges of Healing Gourd and 2 attack upgrade (Bosses mentioned above)? I'm asking this because my attacks don't damage Genichiro much at all, when I tried. Also, what would be the next good area to explore? Thanks a lot in advance for the help.

For main bosses you are rightly there.

Only these two main bosses before him.

And you don't need to take his health down you need to take his posture down, takes a minute for each phase.

Also, attack and parry at the same time and keep on him.

Only boss where there's no other strategy than being aggressive. 

@GunnerY2J

So it seems I will have to grind out a bit more, since I'm weaker than you - and even you had a hard time of it, it seems. Which area did you go before you did Genichiro do you remember? I've cleared out Ashina Outskirts (Beginning Area), Hirata Estate (Lady Butterfly Area) and Ashina Castle (Genichiro Area), including all the mini-bosses there I'm sure). So you would have to have gone some place else and done an additional boss for that attack upgrade. 

19 minutes ago, roun90 said:

@GunnerY2J

So it seems I will have to grind out a bit more, since I'm weaker than you - and even you had a hard time of it, it seems. Which area did you go before you did Genichiro do you remember? I've cleared out Ashina Outskirts (Beginning Area), Hirata Estate (Lady Butterfly Area) and Ashina Castle (Genichiro Area), including all the mini-bosses there I'm sure). So you would have to have gone some place else and done an additional boss for that attack upgrade. 

No we start with 1 attack power,

Ours is now 3 after gyobu and lady butterfly - so 3 is the right attack power.

You haven't gone to senopu temple.

Go there.

You are only missing prayer bead

Check this out to see what you have missed , watch till 16 prayer beads.

Edited by GunnerY2J

Hoping isshin to be meat for me with using 50 skills points for ten more attack power.

Guilty for exploiting the dragon mask just before isshin.

Edit Yes, still took two tries, I am so sure I wouldn't have been able to beat isshin without the increased attack power.

Was too much.

Expecting new game plus now to be extremely smooth now.

Edited by GunnerY2J