Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Heaven Angel

13 minutes ago, adity said:

Far as i know, Denuvo doesn't cause performance issues. 

Maybe it does thats why people dont like. If it did not cause any performnace isssue then why people hate it so much. 

Far as i know, Denuvo doesn't cause performance issues. 

This is a bit debatable, some games have shown to cause extreme cpu usage due to the drm especially compared to the version without it.

But even if it does not we have no reason to support it. It's a server side drm who's server's are not under your control. Say 25 years down the line you wish to play the game again but they decided to shut down the authentication server. In that case you can't play the game you legally own. So we as a gamer has 0 reason to support it.

Maybe it does thats why people dont like. If it did not cause any performnace isssue then why people hate it so much. 

People hate it for a lot of reasons other than performance hit including the reason I wrote above. Drm is bad for consumers period. No two ways about it.

4 hours ago, sobbii said:

i hated demons souls hated dark souls i was like who enjoys such games.. but one evening after all great reviews i couldnt help myself from buying bloodborne.. the first courtyard really had me by my balls.. those guys with pitchfork were killing me for fun.. but slowly i got better got hang of mechanics.. and few days later i had the platinum.. emoji14.png

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I have a very similar story. BB's combat was fast enough and it finally got me into the Souls series games. I played DS2: SotFS, DS1, Demon Souls and DS3 after BB in that order. DS1 and Demon Souls are the only time I went back from PS4 to PS3 console. 

I have a very similar story. BB's combat was fast enough and it finally got me into the Souls series games. I played DS2: SotFS, DS1, Demon Souls and DS3 after BB in that order. DS1 and Demon Souls are the only time I went back from PS4 to PS3 console. 
i got into dark souls aswell almost at the end of ds3 and tried ds2 aswell but the graphics are putting me off a little..

3 minutes ago, sobbii said:

i got into dark souls aswell almost at the end of ds3 and tried ds2 aswell but the graphics are putting me off a little..

It looks fugly when compared with DS1 and Demon Souls too :lol: 

google/youtube "Dark Souls 2 downgrade" :hypocrite: 

21 minutes ago, Keano said:

I went the other way. BB's combat was too fast for me. Never quite enjoyed it. Which is why this looks like a no buy as well. Fast combat games tend to lose me.

I prefer the slower, more methodical combat of the Souls series. 

Sekiro, From Software's next game, subverts nearly everything we've come to expect from Dark Souls

• Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is not an RPG.
  • There are no stats to level up and no armour or weapons to collect and equip.
  • There are no classes to choose from.
  • There is no multiplayer of any kind.
  • You'll have no souls to reclaim after dying, and—from the looks of it—no checkpoint bonfires to kindle.
  • Set in 1500s Sengoku-era Japan, you play as an unnamed shinobi charged with protecting a young lord with a mystical lineage. 
  • Then a powerful samurai attacks, kidnapping the lord and lopping off your arm (Sekiro translates to "one-armed wolf").
  • From Software's Yasuhiro Kitao describes it as an action adventure game, making it sound more akin to Zelda where exploration will yield new items that help you progress. 
  • You will be finding all manner of cool gadgets that attach to your 'Shinobi Prosthetic' that replaces your lost hand.
  • If you liked how Bloodborne's weapons transformed into wildly different types, you'll probably love this new system.
  • The character always wields the same katana in his right hand, but his left hand can swap between a ton of tools that have offensive and utilitarian uses.
  • The demo showcased a Shinobi Firecracker, which could stun enemies, as well as a torch addon that could set them alight. There's also a shield that can block damage.
  • The grappling hook feels natural to use and isn't locked down to specific grapple points. It even has uses in combat, like pulling enemies in or using it to get behind an enemy for a deadly slash.
  • Instead of hacking away at an enemy's health bar, Kitao says famed director Hidetaka Miyazaki wanted to capture the feel of "swords clashing."
  • While there's still HP, combat revolves around 'posture.' When you attack an enemy, they'll easily block your attack but will lose posture each time. Once lowered enough, they'll be open to a gory finishing move, but the same goes for you. 
  • Combat in Sekiro feels more authentic to a sword duel: A battle of attrition as each tries desperately to create an opening to deliver a fatal strike. 
  • Knowing what that special attack is and how you can avoid it, however, requires reading their animations. Like any traditional enemy, you'll come to memorize different patterns of attack. Some enemies will use sweep attacks to knock you down that cannot be blocked. The only way to avoid them is by using—get this—the jump button.
  • Sekiro has a dedicated jump button.
  • Sekiro also has "light stealth mechanics." Instantly fatal stealth kills on enemies can help even the odds. You can press up against walls, hang off of ledges, and crouch in grass to stay hidden. 
  • If anyone wanders too close, you can finish them off Assassin's Creed style.
  • What's great about this is how it changes the approach to combat. Instead of facing most enemies head-on like you would in Dark Souls, Sekiro's stealth and more open environments play to all sorts of strategies. 
  • In one encounter, the shinobi killed off an enemy sniper and then leapt onto a trailing guard, turning what should have been a five versus one fight into a much more approachable three on one.
  • In one scene, an old woman came creeping through a building we were hiding in. I was told that if she spotted us, she'd alert the guards. So we slit her throat instead. Sekiro is definitely a stealth game—and grim as hell, too.
  • This all comes together in boss battles, which look more challenging than ever. 
  • Near the end of the demo, we were ambushed by the Corrupted Monk, a terrifyingly large woman with a naginata. True to Dark Souls, she came at us with an agile barrage of attacks that, with the help of the Kanji characters appearing above our heads, could be predicted and dodged or blocked.
  • Katana and Shinobi Prosthetic comboed together with the grappling hook, jumps, and blocks made combat feel even more aggressive and fatal than Bloodborne's.Combat feel even more aggressive and fatal than Bloodborne's. 
  • When you die you can revive yourself and immediately jump back into combat.
  • The crazy part: as soon as you die your enemies will lose interest in you and go back to what they were doing. This turns death "into an opportunity" to surprise enemies by reviving when they don't expect it and getting in a few instakills. 
  • Hardcore fans might balk at this system since it seems to make Sekiro much easier. Kitao said there was a limit to how many times you could revive in combat, but wouldn't clarify more than that. 
  • Similar to Dark Souls, Sekiro will feature an expansive, interconnected world that you can explore at will. 
  • It's certainly a more subtle look compared to Bloodborne's gothic aesthetic, but no less beautiful.
  • Kitao explained that there'd be many scenes that involve "cat and mouse" games with incomprehensibly large monsters. 
  • While Kitao wanted to affirm that this was not an RPG, the currency system will work with some kind of upgrade system for your gear.
  • From Software isn't content to repeat the same formula in a different location. This is not Dark Souls: Japan, but something new and altogether uncharted. And that deep, gripping sense of mystery is what made Dark Souls so compelling in the first place. 

• You can throw shurikens with your left arm, among other tools.
  • There are a lot of secret passages and areas intended for ninjas to use.
  • There are gonna be a lot of really hard bosses in this game.

Ow7TJk4.jpg

Sounds good. An action-adventure game with meatier combat than Bloodborne and players can rely more on stealth and approach differently. Not just another Souls type game. 

Can't wait. Coming early next year.

Edited by Heaven Angel
  • Like 1

Yeah I find it funny when people come up with such genius excuses for hating Drm.
So you rather have the ability to not play the games you legally own down the line then the ability to play them.
This is exactly the reason why companies get away with things like drm, lootbox, micro transactions because there are people defending it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

So you rather have the ability to not play the games you legally own down the line then the ability to play them.
This is exactly the reason why companies get away with things like drm, lootbox, micro transactions because there are people defending it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

You are absolutely right. How dare I. But the thing is I dont care if its Drm or not. I just want mainstream Games to come to Pc. Thats it. If a drm gives some publishers the confidence to do so then its a good thing. 

Anyway we are going off topic better we stop this discussion here. 

• 3 weeks later...

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice promises a thrilling evolution of the Souls formula

“The intention is the player will die a lot...”

Long article so here is an excerpt - Set character. One weapon. Several shinobi prosthetics. Light stealth. No stats. Some other system of upgrades. The game can be completed in different orders. Can linger before you resurrect. There will be a penalty for death/resurrection. No multiplayer or messages. Interconnected world. Intricate world building. Activision is subordinate to From.

I get the feeling this is the continuation of the filtration process that Miyazaki intended all along. You pour Dark Souls in the filter to strip out some of the Dark Souls bullshit and you get Bloodbone, then pour that into a filter and strip out remaining Dark Souls filth and you get the greatest action game of all time.