Anyone else burnt out on games?

3 hours ago, Walker said:

Its not the games but you that are changing.

But they are changing though. As other mentioned, everything is now open world which are more or less same.

Play Yakuza 0, you will love it...play Yakuza 0 to Yakuza 6 back to back...high chance you will feel burned.

1 hour ago, hope said:

Play only the biggies is my mantra which guarantees a good experience.

Good for you, if its working that way. Rather than the biggies, I am having a better experience with indies like Limbo, Inside, What Remains of Edith Finch etc

25 minutes ago, krados said:

But they are changing though. As other mentioned, everything is now open world which are more or less same.

Play Yakuza 0, you will love it...play Yakuza 0 to Yakuza 6 back to back...high chance you will feel burned.

Good for you, if its working that way. Rather than the biggies, I am having a better experience with indies like Limbo, Inside, What Remains of Edith Finch etc

Not really. Games have always been evolving, borrowing, copying each other for decades. That's just the nature of the beast. I myself rarely play open world games unless it's something that really stands out. Dying Light for example. That was brilliant. What I gather, the OP was getting burnt out gaming in general as opposed to you getting burnt out on a type of game, or a series of games. The idea of paying the same type of game or series of games back to back would never work for me or for any one else and I always wonder why people do it.

I pick and choose what I really really want to play. Anything else is I park for a rainy day. If you're enjoying the experience it doesn't matter if it's AAA or indie, you aren't burnt out on games in general, maybe just a type of game.

I never felt like this .....gaming should always be done in moderation.....if u play too much on a regular basis eventually you will burn out of it imo

I take breaks from gaming by watching new TV series or re-runs of sitcoms /TV shows I really liked.

On 6/22/2018 at 10:52 PM, Walker said:

:lol:

I feel you. It helps when the wifey mostly works the evening shift.

Haha, my wife also works the evenin shift hence i am able to catch on. 

Burnt out? Never. There is always something to look forward to.

On 6/24/2018 at 10:27 AM, The Panda said:

With you, OP. It’s been several months since I logged into Steam, GOG or Origin. I don’t even remember the passwords anymore. Console is literally collecting dust as I say this. No new games bought since BF1. Zero excitement for E3. I realized that video games, movies, TV shows, internet etc., are nothing but (political) distractions from the real world damaging the young minds and their precious health. So, I am glad that I came out of it all. Because the real world is where the game is at. 

On 6/24/2018 at 11:07 AM, The Panda said:

In my opinion, media has always taught us nothing more than panic, suspicion and paranoia. It’s evidently turning everyone cranky, jittery and sucking out all the energy from their lives. Wrong lessons taught to fight for wrong goals. With them, left is right and up is down. Never forget that everything you see, read and consume is politically motivated. That I am very sure of.

Respawning is for plebs. Moksha is for patricians. 

On 6/24/2018 at 11:42 AM, The Panda said:

Sir, mano ya na mano hum bajrang bali ke bakth hain. Jithna dhoor raho ladkiyon se, uthna acha hamare svaasthy aur mano dhyan ke liye. Ye tho mein bade mann se vishwas kartha hun. Mujhe lagta hein ki mein sirf badi neend se uthrahahu abhi abhi. Aur kuch nahi. Amen.

Aap to pure redpill ho gye ho wew.

i thought i was the only one

btw all media we consume is political propaganda from only one side of the spectrum,only now do we realize it.

On 6/24/2018 at 3:49 AM, ALPHA17 said:

Just burnt out on all major franchises these days. Been avoiding almost all the big hitters that are released between Fall-Winter of every year. 

Life is good thanks to options like WarFrame and GoG back catalogue. 

same here,all major franchises being run into the ground 

good games never get sequels

everything else is a yearly cashgrab.

On 24/06/2018 at 3:49 AM, ALPHA17 said:

Just burnt out on all major franchises these days. Been avoiding almost all the big hitters that are released between Fall-Winter of every year. 

Life is good thanks to options like WarFrame and GoG back catalogue. 

Funny comment :lol:

There are plenty of good and plenty of bad games. If you are going to look at the bad side, you are going to miss out some good stuff. 

The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don’t always spoil the good things and make them unimportant.

On 6/26/2018 at 10:31 PM, PhantomShade said:

Aap to pure redpill ho gye ho wew.

i thought i was the only one

Well, I am glad that I am not the only one here.

btw all media we consume is political propaganda from only one side of the spectrum,only now do we realize it.

Without a doubt.

Archived