Ask The Experts

Chaztin

48 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

In GMAT FE, scores always end in 5 like 695, 705, 725. You are saying 700 and 750 in FE which doesn’t seem to be correct 

Score equivalence in GMAT classic and GMAT FE or new FE being hard to score higher doesn’t matter. It’s the percentile that matters. For example, 705 in FE has the same percentile as 750 in classic both are 98.6 percentile 

ideally you should target 99th percentile score which is 760 in classic and 725 in FE

For 99 percentile in GRE, I think the target score is 333 or above 

Yeah, typo, it was 705.
So around 750 in classic.

Should be able to push it to 725, hopefully 750.

As for GRE, I have seen that anything above 320 is decent. But I will be sticking with GMAT for now and try again in a few weeks.

On 4/3/2024 at 11:22 AM, KunjanPSD said:

Yeah, typo, it was 705.
So around 750 in classic.

Should be able to push it to 725, hopefully 750.

As for GRE, I have seen that anything above 320 is decent. But I will be sticking with GMAT for now and try again in a few weeks.

What were your sectional breakups for the 705? Was it balanced across the 3 sections?

23 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

What were your sectional breakups for the 705? Was it balanced across the 3 sections?

Q88

V85

D85

I am not sure if I am denoting the correct breakup, but all 3 are basically within the same percentile range.

I could have done better in Quant as I didn't remember a few properties of inequalities and for Verbal, I gave answers as per how CAT works but turns out GMAT is a bit different.

Edited by KunjanPSD

6 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Q88

V85

D85

I am not sure if I am denoting the correct breakup, but all 3 are basically within the same percentile range.

I could have done better in Quant as I didn't remember a few properties of inequalities and for Verbal, I gave answers as per how CAT works but turns out GMAT is a bit different.

Looks good.

which b-schools are you targeting?

as a rule of thumb for Indians to be competitive, add 30 to the median GMAT score published by the b-school 

Just now, 0verlord said:

Looks good.

which b-schools are you targeting?

as a rule of thumb for Indians to be competitive, add 30 to the median GMAT score published by the b-school 

Only US top 7-8 schools.

If I don't get it then I don't want anything else and will figure out my way.

Median + 30 would be around 770 for something like HBS.

Although, anything above 750 and I hope the rest will be covered by my profile (which hopefully will be enough).

50 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Only US top 7-8 schools.

If I don't get it then I don't want anything else and will figure out my way.

Median + 30 would be around 770 for something like HBS.

Although, anything above 750 and I hope the rest will be covered by my profile (which hopefully will be enough).

Nice. 

Which consultant are you working with for the apps?

1 hour ago, 0verlord said:

Nice. 

Which consultant are you working with for the apps?

No consultant.

Will just wing it through my friends who are already at these universities.

I don't think I have it in me to work with a consultant and also pay them a good chunk.

Admission requirements for the new rounds aren't out yet, once they are out, I will start working on them.

Are you applying/have applied as well?

10 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

No consultant.

Will just wing it through my friends who are already at these universities.

I don't think I have it in me to work with a consultant and also pay them a good chunk.

Admission requirements for the new rounds aren't out yet, once they are out, I will start working on them.

Are you applying/have applied as well?

I applied to a few Unis in R2 last year but my applications were rushed. Waiting to see if anything shakes out. If not, I’ll be applying R1 this year

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 0verlord said:

I applied to a few Unis in R2 last year but my applications were rushed. Waiting to see if anything shakes out. If not, I’ll be applying R1 this year

Check DM.