~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

Schitt's Creek series finale was beautiful. Not a fan of season 6 but everything tied up nicely in the end. 

Moira Rose absolutely suck and hogged way too much screen time. 

Alexis was always a filler for me. Useless dumb chick. 

Eugene, Sarah, and Daniel Levy were fantastic. Stevie was a delight from start. 

Good character development over the years. Something different than usual comedy.

8/10. 

3 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Schitt's Creek series finale was beautiful. Not a fan of season 6 but everything tied up nicely in the end. 

Moira Rose absolutely suck and hogged way too much screen time. 

Alexis was always a filler for me. Useless dumb chick. 

Eugene, Sarah, and Daniel Levy were fantastic. Stevie was a delight from start. 

Good character development over the years. Something different than usual comedy.

8/10. 

Alexis is hot, though.

21 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Are you listening to Joe Exotic's music ? ?

Don't have the stomach for it :P

Also, Veep5 has some of the best lines I've ever heard. Had me genuinely LOL'ing and slapping the couch:

What in the lunatic f**k is the master cleanse? Sounds like Nazi domestic policy

Dear Lord who guides me and nourishes me, I set foot on this path that you have laid before me with a strong arm and a willing heart to totally rock this sh*t. Amen. The Jonah Ryan Story, chapter five: "The House Kneels Before the f**king J-man." I'm running for Congress!

Now listen to me, you walking trisomy. I could get dog sh*t in a condom elected in New Hampshire. You are my puppet. I let you dance, and when I stuff you back in the toy box to let Ezra lead, you will be grateful I ever let your wooden painted face take the stage! Now, do you or do you not understand me?!

From now on, Jonah, you will shut the f**k up and do exactly as I say. And if you listen to me instead of your only two brain cells that are too busy butt-f**king each other somewhere in the vast expanses of your misshapen skull, then maybe, Jonah, you might have a chance at becoming the first mentally impaired Frankenstein's monster to ever win an American election.

You and I should talk. If you were 10% less black, I could make you president.

Madam President, tomorrow night is the president's annual holiday party for congressional members and their families. Ma'am, you'll need to make the initial approach. Ben will keep the offer straight. Kent will keep a running tally. Tom, you'll be in charge of putting out any fires. And once you're all done with them, I'll move in and squirt a half gallon of ropey jism into their modeled congressional cornholes.

No, I am the one who got us this far, you sentient enema.

This is my fat johnson and you can suck it as long as you promise not to put your dirty gay mustache on it. What is that, some kind of side-effect from your AIDS medication or did you shave it off Freddy Mercury’s corpse?

Lines from POTUS, delivered by Julia Louis-Dreyfus:

What would you guys do if you had to choose between your c*ck and your balls?

What? She's a lesbian, Mike, she's not a werewolf. Though either one would explain why she never shaves her legs.

You're playing a very dangerous game of chicken with the head f**king hen, cause if I don't win the White House, O'Brien is going to sink your stupid little boats. Then you're going to look like a hair-sprayed a**hole in your 1980's-mother-of-the-bride dress. And if I do win, I will have my administration come to your shitty little district and shake it to death like a Guatemalan nanny. Then, I will have the IRS crawl so far up your husband's colon, he's gonna wish the only thing they find is more cancer. So can I count on your vote, or do I need to shove a box of White House M&Ms up your stretched out, six-baby vag?

Yeah, that's the least reassuring sentence I've heard since "It's okay, it's just the tip.

General George Washington could come out of his grave and I would rather eat his zombified, wooden a**hole twice a day than be his Vice f**king -- f**king anything.

Okay, let me see if I can explain this to you in terms you might understand, ok? Let's say your "Chief of Staff", Nadia, is it, and she's down on her knees, and she's got your balls in her hand and she's working your shaft just like you like it and moments before you're about to cum all over her stupid Slavic face, she says "Nyet, after much prayerful consideration I have to abstain from the upcoming blowjob." 

Epic. :rofl: :rofl: 

The Big Show show sucked.

Scenes with Big Show were good but the teens were just too much. Always screaming or doing stupid stuff. Basically teens but took all the fun out of the show. 

Kids are good in Fresh off the Boat for example. Here they just sucked. 

Finished Mandalorian. What a fantastic show. 

I actually think the new trilogy was pretty ok. But even I will admit the spin off stuff has been way better. Han Solo was a really entertaining film for the most part. Rogue One was just fantastic. And Mandalorian has been straight up amazing. 

I hope they explore more side stuff.

Loved Solo and Rogue One more than sequel trilogy. Solo gets too much hate but it was action packed fun right from start. 

The Mandalorian season 2 in Oct. Michael Biehn as a bounty hunter. Rosario Dawson as Ahsoka Tano. 

Finished Veep. A really fantastic little thing. HBO has this knack. I haven't seen any other network or production house keep this almost flawless record of putting out smashers. 

I personally think Veep should've ended at 5. That was really the perfect season, but the finale kind of makes up for seasons 6 and 7. Really, I do not remember a show with an ending this perfect. Watch it for Julia, Timothy Simmons, and the almost Ari Gold-esque (Entourage) dialog. The insults are truly exceptional. 

Edited by achilles

1 hour ago, achilles said:

Finished Veep. A really fantastic little thing. HBO has this knack. I haven't seen any other network or production house keep this almost flawless record of putting out smashers. 

I personally think Veep should've ended at 5. That was really the perfect season, but the finale kind of makes up for seasons 6 and 7. Really, I do not remember a show with an ending this perfect. Watch it for Julia, Timothy Simmons, and the almost Ari Gold-esque (Entourage) dialog. The insults are truly exceptional. 

Almost every single piece of dialogue in Veep, across all 7 seasons, is killer. Can't think of any other show which comes close.

On 4/7/2020 at 10:23 PM, GunnerY2J said:

Old Doordarshan Mahabharat is still better than the new one/s.

I am watching the 2013 mahabharata on Hotstar. 

Its pretty good too. Little melodramatic but very good. 

Also its very difficult to showcase the grandeur and complexity of Mahabharata on TV.It would require an unfeasible huge budget. 

Hope someday its made into a movie and realized as it should be.