Coronavirus

hope

7 minutes ago, Right said:

That's incorrect.

Italy, Spain were coordinated within localities through WhatsApp. UK was arranged by Govt.

The ones in the videos? Yes. My colleague told me about this way before the videos were out. What you're saying is taking away from the initial movement that started as people just reaching out. Which is my point. They didn't need to be told. We're not children either.

13 minutes ago, Right said:

That's incorrect.

Italy, Spain were coordinated within localities through WhatsApp. UK was arranged by Govt.

The ones in the videos? Yes. My colleague told me about this way before the videos were out. What you're saying is taking away from the initial movement that started as people just reaching out. Which is my point. They didn't need to be told. We're not children either.

6 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Yo wtf planet no 9 is not Mars. There aren't even 9 planets anymore :rofl: 

I actually did some research on this today because I too wanted to tell those forwarderss that Pluto isn't a planet and laugh at them lol. But turns out, Pluto was never a planet in astrology.

These are the 9 planets as per astrology:

1= Sun {1, 10, 19 and 28 born} Sun also is the ruler planet of all Leo’s.

2= Moon {2, 11, 20, 29 born} Moon also governs those born in the zodiacal sign of Cancer.

3= Jupiter {3, 12, 21 and 30 born} Jupiter also governs those born in the zodiacal sign of Pisces and Sagittarius.

4= Uranus {4, 13, 22 and 31 born}

5= Mercury {5, 14 and 23 born} Mercury also governs those born in the zodiacal sign of Gemini and Virgo.

6= Venus {6, 15 and 24 born} Venus also governs those born in the zodiacal sign of Taurus and Libra.

7= Neptune {7, 16 and 25 born} Neptune also governs those born in the zodiacal sign of Cancer.

8= Saturn [8, 17 and 26 born} Saturn also governs those born in the zodiacal sign of Capricorn, Aquarius and Libra.

9= Mars {9, 18 and 27 born} Mars also governs those born in the zodiacal sign of Aries and Scorpio.

9 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

I actually did some research on this today because I too wanted to tell those forwarderss that Pluto isn't a planet and laugh at them lol. But turns out, Pluto was never a planet in astrology.

These are the 9 planets as per astrology:

1= Sun {1, 10, 19 and 28 born} Sun also is the ruler planet of all Leo’s.

2= Moon {2, 11, 20, 29 born} Moon also governs those born in the zodiacal sign of Cancer.

3= Jupiter {3, 12, 21 and 30 born} Jupiter also governs those born in the zodiacal sign of Pisces and Sagittarius.

4= Uranus {4, 13, 22 and 31 born}

5= Mercury {5, 14 and 23 born} Mercury also governs those born in the zodiacal sign of Gemini and Virgo.

6= Venus {6, 15 and 24 born} Venus also governs those born in the zodiacal sign of Taurus and Libra.

7= Neptune {7, 16 and 25 born} Neptune also governs those born in the zodiacal sign of Cancer.

8= Saturn [8, 17 and 26 born} Saturn also governs those born in the zodiacal sign of Capricorn, Aquarius and Libra.

9= Mars {9, 18 and 27 born} Mars also governs those born in the zodiacal sign of Aries and Scorpio.

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, Walker said:

I'm not going to say this isn't a good exercise to show a sense of togetherness, because god knows we need this right now. There a sense of demoralisation everywhere I see, a sense of fear and what better to elleviate it than something however small to reunite people. It's a good thing.

You what could be better? People did it without anyone having to tell them to do it. You know what was  unique about Italy and Spain and those videos that circulated? That was Unity, that was inspiring, that tugged at my heartstrings and made me feel that humanity will survive. Even in an extremely horrible situation like theyre in, they were community, they leaned on each other for comfort, for solace. It came from the heart. The appreciation came from the heart. The whole country didn't do it at the same time because it was a spontaneous thing. Pockets of people, isolated, alone stood in their balconies with their hearts on their sleeves. That's true unity. 

So I'll stand in my balcony with a candle, because I need it, my family needs it, my neighbourhood and the people that live across the road need it. It would mean a hundredfold if we did something like this without being told.

Exactly. 

This isn't a measure against COVID-19 directly.

Like @kmkaks said, symbolism brings people hope. I sure do, and so does my family. 

As long as the countrymen don't do absurdly stupid things, I think its a good move. Brings people together (not physically), like a festival.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KnackChap said:

Ex times of India managing editor. :doh:

:roflroll: :rofl:

Verified account too.. 

One of the tweet:

Her account also has 999 

9+9+9 = 27. 2+7 is also 9

Simply Outstanding!!!  :rofl:

9 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

tenor.gif

Same reaction after reading Big Boss post lol. Like...wat? 

3 hours ago, Outlook said:

what is our PM upto ? Absolutely shocking

latest tweet from Shashi Tharoor sums it up

Yeah Tharoor the mass leader who tweeted a pic of idly with 10 chutneys that he had prepared at his home on March 31.lol.

Who you kidding mate? What Modi is doing is pretty simple, He is reaching out to the people. It’s symbolic and lifts the people’s spirit.

We can criticize him alright, but these pessimistic posts are not doing any good to anyone.

52 minutes ago, Right said:

Just saw a video of MP Police delivering justice in the same area where Health workers were attacked in Indore.

Felt really good. :)

Please share it.

We are the cleanest city. Clean these idiots also now. 

Got message from both Citibank and HDFC regarding bank moratorium. Both bank are extending it to their credit card holders too. 

Citi is pleased to extend moratorium on your credit card dues, and/or EMI(s), till 31st May 2020 as per the RBI's guidelines. If you are not able to make payments during this period, there will be no late fees, no return charges, nor delinquency reporting. This benefit is applicable for cards in good standing as of March, 2020 (i.e. no default in repayment of prior dues). However, interest will accrue as earlier and we recommend you to continue to make payments, as per convenience, to reduce the interest charges. FAQs at https://citi.asia/MoratoriumFAQ . Stay Safe.

Moratorium on your HDFC Bank Credit Card!
You can now defer your Credit Card dues to June 2020. For details  resu.io/XM3VSNHYHHYu

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Got message from both Citibank and HDFC regarding bank moratorium. Both bank are extending it to their credit card holders too. 

Moratorium is totally shite.

In stead of EMI amount they are charging interest on Principal itself, so basically interest would go 1.5 -2x of EMI.

So when you start paying back, monthly EMI will increase + 3 months will be added to your tenure.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

The banks are basically telling folks that you can default without taking a hit to your credit score. They are not doing anyone favours with this move. Total d*ick move by RBI, and won't help folks who need it the most. The people who are earning now will continue to do so and pay the EMIs without any issues. 

8 minutes ago, HotSonix said:

^^Same with axis 

By deferring  emis one is basically taking a loan again for these 3 months as the interest will continue to accumulate

CC itself has such high interest rate 

Master stroke by RBI .

I don't think anyone would like to avail it unless one is seriously strapped for cash.

Ideally this should have been done:

- Consider EMI amount as a new separate personal loan

- Calculate simple interest like 20% PA on top of it

- If your EMI is 40k, interest would be 40000 * 20 * (3 + 2 +1)/ (12*100)= 4000

- Take this interest one shot and  increase tenure by 3 months