Coronavirus

hope

23 minutes ago, hope said:

Most states have requested to extend till April 30th. 

Extend till may end please 

I agree. Although for that, they'll probably do it via further extension after a similar meeting on 28/29th April.....

But when will we get the extension confirmation for 30th Apr?

3 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

I agree. Although for that, they'll probably do it via further extension after a similar meeting on 28/29th April.....

There can never be an end to lockdown for such a virus unless a vaccine is out.

That may not be necessary. A lot of clinical trials for covid 19 treatment will be complete in a week or two.

A report for Remdesivir is already out and awaiting comparative report. As in it will be compared with 5 other trial result that are expected soon.

Favipiravir is in stage 3 clinical trials. From what I have read a clinical study entering stage 3 trial is a very good thing but during such times a lot of trials are rushed.

Rest will be bhagwan bharose. Lockdown will not solve anything in India while people are out shopping daily with impunity. 

Only way it will break the cycle is when the government boards up houses for 3 to 4 weeks from outside and those cured of the virus are kept in isolation for another 30 to 45 days separately with so many reports of virus reactivating in some people. 

This 21 day lockdown has gone waste due to some people. 

12 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

Probably tomorrow night or Monday morning. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bhpian Bali said:

This 21 day lockdown has gone waste due to some people. 

This is India. (in Vin Diesel's F5 tone)

I'm pretty sure the government accounts for the fact that lockdown will not go 100% as per plan. There will be people trying to thwart every move of the govt. for their own reasons, and then there are also people who're plain insolent and will go about their daily activities like everything is normal.

However, I would still say that the lockdown wasn't waste. If it was, the government, or us IVGians wouldn't stress on extending the lockdown. It was still effective in containing the virus to an extent. The day Indians are as civil and aware as our counterparts in Japan, Korea or Singapore, we wouldn't need an extension of the lockdown.  People would stay home on their own, without having to be told to do so.

We've had our fair share of dumbf**kery, but after seeing that spring break video from the States, insisting on enjoying their spring break riding ATVs in Miami, nothing bothers me xD 

Edited by Chirag2001

27 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

We've had our fair share of dumbf**kery, but after seeing that spring break video from the States, insisting on enjoying their spring break riding ATVs in Miami, nothing bothers me xD 

I am a redditor. I have a very good idea about the level of stupidity in USA. Their whole system is f**ked up. 

Also I am from Pune. I stay like. 4 kms away from my parent's house. I have to make a trip to their place every now and then and cross two major junctions to get there (Baner to Aundh)and  I have never seen one nakabandi. Travelled to their place yesterday at 7:30 in the evening and apart from an empty stretch in between our areas have people hanging out like there is no lockdown. Maybe both the areas dont have as many cases for the govt to bother. Lockdown onlu in letter but not in sprirt will be of no use.

Lock down is not wasted.

75L people travel by Local trains in Mumbai alone. It would’ve taken just a week to reach 1L Infections in Mumbai, if there was no lockdown.

Though warm climate and BCG have been helping us, plus it seems the Virus strain we have is less virulent.

• Like 1

Lock down is not wasted.

75L people travel by Local trains in Mumbai alone. It would’ve taken just a week to reach 1L Infections in Mumbai, if there was no lockdown.

Though warm climate and BCG have been helping us, plus it seems the Virus strain we have is less virulent.

24 minutes ago, Right said:

Lock down is not wasted.

I never meant to say the measure was wrong. It is the right thing to do. Government has taken correct decision. People are not co-operating. 

I pray that BCG, Climate and India Strain claim is true.