Sackboy: A Big Adventure

Heaven Angel

38 minutes ago, AnK said:

I don’t think this will have the same level of creativity tools as LBP 

if any at all 

It’s cashing in on the mascot value & keeping it relevant 

I don’t think it’ll have anything to do with the stuff LBP did 

Yeah maybe but they're collecting bubbles in the trailer. Maybe it's just for character customisation. But sumo were working on LBP 3d at one point (even before lbp3) so u never know. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On PlayStation direct website, for the special edition, it specifically says 

PS5™ digital version included at no extra cost*

*PS4™ game disc owners can access this offer by inserting the disc into their PS5™ console. PS4™ game disc owners who buy the PS5™ Digital Edition disc-free console will not be able to access this offer.

https://direct.playstation.com/en-us/games/game/sackboy-a-big-adventure-special-edition-ps4.3005842

Amazon & BestBuy doesn't directly specify the ps5 digital version. Just have the next-gen upgrade available.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08KG7RK67?ref=em_1p_0_ti&ref_=pe_2313360_541705400&th=1

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sackboy-a-big-adventure-special-edition-playstation-4-playstation-5/6434893.p?skuId=6434893

1. Would the upgrade mechanism be any different?

2. From the text on PlayStation website, does the disc needed only the first time to get the game, or would it be needed each time to boot the game on a PS5?

19 hours ago, ayush12ice said:

1. Would the upgrade mechanism be any different?

2. From the text on PlayStation website, does the disc needed only the first time to get the game, or would it be needed each time to boot the game on a PS5?

If you have a disc of the PS4 version of the game, you need to insert it in your PS5 (Disc version) everytime you want to play it. IF you end up buying the PS5 Digital Edition, then there is no way for you to get the free upgrade. You will have to buy the PS5 version digitally from the PS Store.

• 1 month later...

The game running on Unreal Engine 4.

720p on PS4 and 1080p on PS4 Pro at 60fps.

Dynamic resolution on PS5 with 75% of 4K on average (~1620p) at 60fps too.

Shading, occlusion, shadow, lighting are obviously better on PS5.

Many minor details (such as wire ground, volumetric lighting, particles) are completely absent on PS4.

The game is solid on PS4, but the extra features add a lot to the PS5.

The PS5 has an almost instant loading 1~2s, it's at the level of a cartridge game.

The PS4 is more in 11~12 seconds.

The PS4/Pro has a lower framerate in cutscenes where the PS5 is at its best most of the time.

The PS5 version has SSR in many places unlike the PS4/Pro.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Started playing this. Having so much fun right now. The atmosphere, the music and each level bringing something new. Its quite a unique game! We need more games like this!!!

"Treble in Paradise" has landed in one of my best moments in gaming list. The whole level was in sync with the song. Absolutely breathtaking!!!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 5/29/2021 at 10:50 PM, dante77 said:

Started playing this. Having so much fun right now. The atmosphere, the music and each level bringing something new. Its quite a unique game! We need more games like this!!!

"Treble in Paradise" has landed in one of my best moments in gaming list. The whole level was in sync with the song. Absolutely breathtaking!!!

Ya, that level was super awesome. And In general the music is great in the game.

i wish more people would try this game. If nintendo had released this game, sales figures would have easily touched a 3-4 millions. Super Sackboy 3d world ?

• Like 1

Just started it. Is it just me or is one of the starting emotes for sackboy the signature Shah Rukh Khan ( his open arms pose). :rofl:
Same feeling. But I realized after watching that pose that it may be like a common disco dancer pose and SRK may not be the one invented this.
Ya, that level was super awesome. And In general the music is great in the game.

i wish more people would try this game. If nintendo had released this game, sales figures would have easily touched a 3-4 millions. Super Sackboy 3d world [emoji41]

Yes. It is such a unique game that one would play and want others to enjoy too. The whole atmosphere is magical!

6 hours ago, Nathan.Drake said:

i wish more people would try this game. If nintendo had released this game, sales figures would have easily touched a 3-4 millions. Super Sackboy 3d world ?

Sackboy is a GREAT game, but I enjoyed Astro Bot and Tearaway much more. 

On Nintendo, I guess it's comparable to SMG1/2, but SMG series has FAR FAR FAR FAR more varied content than any Sony game. Every planet and locale is so unique. 

Nevertheless, pleasing game to play and enjoy. Should revisit soon. 

Edit: Also, this barebones thread unfortunately shows the poor interest in such games. Such a shame. :(

Edited by Bird Bird Bird