Demon's Souls

KnackChap

• 7 months later...

The last three games I played this year are Bloodborne, Dark Souls 2 and Dark Souls and I loved all of them(Dark Souls now is in my top 3 games I ever played). Only problem I now have is that other games are not appealing anymore :wallbash: and are ending up boring. Have few new games from this gen but cant play them more than an hour.

I will pickup Demon's Souls later today :fear:

Edited by Keano

• 3 weeks later...

Exactly, I like the disconnected world of Demon's Souls much more than the connected and confusing worlds of Dark Souls.

Firelink Shrine could never capture that Nexus essence for me in DaS.

That said, It was incredible how DaS implemented the interconnectivity of different areas which made it stand out.

• 1 year later...

I started this recently. My hp is half just like DS2, Do i need to get some ring or something else to increase it. Also whats with the world tendencies? Read some messages that white means weaker enemies and dark means stronger enemies. Is it related to fog gates? Some are white and some of them dark. I started from bolteria castle.

One of the best things about souls is you can see from where you started your journey. Most of the time what you see, you can visit that area and look back to starting point. Amazing animations too. It'll take little bit of time to adjust playing souls with controller as i keep on pressing square along with R1.

HP is half if you die ( Soul form ) , Which is what you will be for the most part of the game. You can regain your body by killing bosses or using some item ( Forgot the name ).

Tendency makes the Enemies Easier/Harder ( Depending on White/Black) , It has some relevance to what NPCs appear and can open some paths.

You can find the Cling Ring in 1-1. Youtube it. That will increase your HP from 50% to 75%. Get used to only having one free ring slot and having 3/4th of your HP for like 95% of your playtime. Really dumb design decision.

World tendencies are a big part of the game, the reason why you see a lot of people committing suicide in the nexus is because of the NPC quest lines in full white/full dark world tendencies. Unless you are going for a blind play-through, I'd suggest reading about world tendencies.

• 2 weeks later...

Bc old king doran, kya kha ke aaya hai. I managed to get the sword and reduce the hp to 30%. Boy that was intense but just one swing and dead. I'l come back for him.

Finished shrine of storms last night. Although it was very easy, the storm king boss was visually stunning. The colossal size and the sound it makes.

The arena and the storm ruler sword were cool esp. that sword. It was fun to wreck sh*t. Liked those alien sort of creatures in crypt too.

Edited by SpearHea:D

Finished Tower of Latria. Amazing atmosphere and amazing enemies. The 3-2 part was really great, i could see the whole tower and dim lights in front of me. I visit most of those areas, go down the sh*thole and come back up. I mean its not that complex level design but everything happening in you fov from the starting point was cool. The prison part was fantastic too.

tumblr_n0jcijGoKE1r34kt3o1_400.gif