Demon's Souls

KnackChap

i wouldnt have said that if i had got the game .... would I??

btw even in oblivion you could apply turpentine (remember the *artist *real *brush*)

:wOOtjumpy: dont tell me you dint play oblivion ..........

^^ The game sounds more like an exercise in mathematics than fighting demons :wOOtjumpy:

2-1 and 4-1 are stages.

lol yeah, thats what it is. Unless we are to refer it as "Castle of Boletaria: Tower Knight's hall", "Shrine of Storms: Entrance" etc everytime. :P The rest is just about exchanging collected souls to level up, just like exp is used in most other rpgs.

i wouldnt have said that if i had got the game .... would I??

The turpentine is an item found quite early on that adds fire properties to your sword, like the poison bottle in Oblivion. I thought you should have seen it if you got the game.

You're asking it for the third time and you still haven't got an answer. So I guess in a way the question has been answered :)

Nope. The first time they hadnt got the game yet.

The 2nd time, they had just started it, I was hoping they'd update later, but they could have possibly forgotten.

This is the 3rd time, hopefully, it'll be answered, if it isnt, then I guess the question would be, in a way answered.

no one has played this game here much. check out the eurogamer review.

Couple of these fellas are playing it I think, I try and skip Eurogamer reviews because I feel they reveal too much about the plot. Searched on IGN, couldnt find it.

hmm alright, kc can give u a good idea.. he has a good judgment regarding these things.

Certainly seems like it, mate.

Im just interested in knowing if the plot is engaging and has depth to it. I need good playability from a game, purely interested in just that. :)

Certainly seems like it, mate.

Im just interested in knowing if the plot is engaging and has depth to it. I need good playability from a game, purely interested in just that. :rofl:

As you might have noticed none of us have passed the second part of the first location. Being a rather long rpg, that is too early to say anything about the plot. But since you can heavily customize your character as seen in games as oblivion, the story is not as linear or engaging as a typical jrpg. But the settings seems interesting so far. Anyway, the main focus of this game is the combat and thats what most people have bought this for.

cleared both 2-1(stonefag tunnel) and 1-2 (tower knight) in one epic marathon session. fuuuuuccccckkk!!!! this game will drive me crazy.

soul level 22. primary weapon long sword+6 :wOOtjumpy:

btw they also patched the game to 1.03. few nice graphical updates including dynamic shadows on characters and object and better lighting(HDR)

Run straight to the tower and take out all the archers, then run towards the tower knight as soon as you get close to him attack his legs(both of them) once he falls attack his head.

Some tips.

Don't stand directly behind him

Use the lock on/off function smartly, as soon as you are out of health or in a sticky position unlock and run away. also once you lock on donot touch the right analog stick.

half moon potion. don't waste with the crescent ones.

Upgraded sword. Mine was l6 so it really dealt some massive damage to his weak points.

I don't know what class you're playing mine is knight with vitality on 21 when I took him on. Also I was in body form, that little extra health saved my a*s a couple of times؛

or

You can say FU to all the above steps buy a few arrows (100-150) and keep hitting him.

P.s. Also killed the red eyed mofo at 1-1 ;D

^^ Seems I have to upgrade my weapon. Have been busy with a few other games, guess its time to come back and try again. And summoning players/being summoned seems cool.

guys any decent sites were i can get this game,i dont like playasia,is it safe to buy from yesasia

ebay.

How do you do that exactly? Can't seem to figure it out.

Same with the world tendency. How does that stuff work?

After defeating the first boss (not sure on this part), the blind girl at the nexus gives you two stones- one blue and one white one. When in soul form you can equip the blue stone like you do with the healing items and use it in an open area (outside dungeons, the stone will be bright when at places you can use it), which leaves a blue mark on the ground similar to the the red message marks. The players in the body form will be able to see the marks and will have the option to summon that player to their world when they click on it. There you can fight the monsters together and if the boss of the stage is defeated the players in the soul form return to their world and gets their body back.

From the description I believe the white stone is used to return to your world or send the summoned players back to theirs. I have not used this myself though.

But I don't know much about the world tendency.

Edited by Noctis