Demon's Souls

KnackChap

choose any class. as you progress you have the option to build it which so ever way you like. they are not bound by class limits, ie a knight can become a magic powerhouse etc.

btw, royal with its infinite magic can make the first world easy, but only that level.

I really want to write an FAQ for this game, since the same questions are asked, should i ? :P

for pvp go for a magic build, it's overall easier in most parts than a pure melee thingy.

Damn, Commonwealth games cant come any sooner

:(

3 times??? Start cribbing when you die 300 times. It happens.

Don't rush in to an enemy. Take it slow and time your moves. What class are you?

ive died a few times and lost thousands of souls too till now

i am use knight class but im not able to go online when ever i start the game it says parental lock on psn id

i have switched off the parental lock on the ps3 yet i cant go online and im 18years old to sooo please please help me what to do

hmm you've disabled the aprental lock frmo the system settings in the XMB< i think it asks for a PW.

As for the low level, if you are skilled you can kill every enemy and complete the game without leveling up.

hmm you've disabled the aprental lock frmo the system settings in the XMB< i think it asks for a PW.

As for the low level, if you are skilled you can kill every enemy and complete the game without leveling up.

what is XMB?

• 2 weeks later...

just saw this on kotaku...

http://kotaku.com/5638959/the-price-of-demons-souls-drops

One of the prime contenders for Kotaku's 2009 Game of the Year Award, Atlus' Demon's Souls joins the PlayStation 3 Greatest Hits line today, with the new $29.99 price tag sure to spark a resurgence of online play.

"Very few games reach the esteemed PlayStation 3 system Greatest Hits status," commented Tim Pivnicny, Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Atlus. "Those that do are among the very finest the platform has to offer, combining critical success, tremendous popularity, and exceptional quality. Demon's Souls represents some of the biggest risks, loftiest goals, and most daring innovations ever embarked upon by a developer."

500x_demonssouls.jpg

i take it this is the equivalent of a game going platinum? any chance this will show up here?

• 1 month later...

I'm starting the game tonight. :) Will be playing it connected online to take the full experience.

Any tips on which class to take and the do's & dont's cause I have read many rants about the difficulty at the start of the game on this thread. :fear:

Class doesn't matter in this game as you can start as a thief & end up being a knight.

Its just that the starting gear is going to be different & you won't be able to use other equipments for the early few hours.

Ok , played a bit , and have died already courtesy a unexpected boss battle out of no where. :rant: For some reason I was getting disconnected from PSN network again and again after every 5-6 min , so always had to begin from start but enemies killed earlier were dead.

I'm still in tutorial mode , took Knight class just cause of the cool gear.

I had no problems with the zombies etc. some funny blue flame looking demon gave some hard fights as I was trying to adopt the moves from the messages left by others, otherwise smooth sailing.So far feels like a tougher version of Oblivion.

Now , what the *bleep* , there is no sense of where u are going , where do I need to go etc.. , no world map.

In the tutorial I found a green glowing portal kinda stone , which transported me to some new place , then I came upto some fog wall twice and suddenly bumped into a monster boss vanguard , I'm still getting used to stuff and already a boss fight :ack: I was just hiding from it and taking a look at it and it slashed twice and I'm toast.

Now I'm at nexus kinda place , how do I get back to that place where I died and take my souls back , I see areas on the stairs , don't know which one to go.

I'm thinking of restarting the game as I just played 10-15 min actually to get to this stage, any way to avoid that boss in tutorial ?

Edited by Joy

You are suppose to die from that boss, even if you do manage to defeat him you die eventually from the boss which you'd normally encounter in one of the later levels.

Also see the archstones along the stairs in Nexus ? There's 6 of them two on either side of stairs....those are the worlds, you can choose any world you want to enter but its mandatory for you to complete level 1-1 first (meaning first boss of first world) before you can access the other worlds. World 1 is called Boletarian Palace.....you can see the name of the world when you touch the archstones.

Also, you only go two ways in Demon Souls...either forward

ftmkh.jpg

or downwards. :giggle:

Edited by praveer