Gran Turismo 5 Spec II

KnackChap

now u r talking abt forza here again... perhaps u nvr had 2 use those things coz u had dat REWIND option :giggle: 2 rectify ur mistakes... n dont tell me u nvr used dat as well... but pal, in real world TCS may not be used dat much, but ABS is a must OK... if u follow these things closely, u'll understand...

when did I talk about Forza? :lol:

I never use rewind option just for your info!

I was just inquiring about the game's difficulty!

And please don't lecture me on TCS, ABS......I do projects on them :P End of Discussion!

EDIT: And in the real world......ABS and TCS are banned in most of the motorsports. If you follow things closely, you'll understand :lol:

First get the game and try to get gold in all License tests with everything off , while racing u don't need these , but for these tests to beat the gold time u do , ABS at 1 is all that is needed generally , otherwise its very difficult to control the car under heavy braking from high speed , the handling physics are as close as it gets to the real thing.

And which any other racing game ur talking about ? Is it Forza ? , have u played games like GTR2 , rFactor , Live For Speed , RBR etc. which define the term Simulation when it comes to racing , Forza or GT are much behind the list , GT5 has pushed the boundaries of sim racing on console this time.

yes bro.....I'm talking about games like Rfactor, RBR.....and simulators like BMW M3 sim, Ferrari sim etc.

Anyways.....I just wanted to know about the difficulty level in the game.

thanks for the info joy :cheers: My TV is just hd ready, not full HD. So max I can get is 1080i. How to change to 720p in XMB ?

The gfx is bit of a letdown for me after all the screen shots being fed to us in the past few years. Its like showing Katrina Kaif in the movie poster when the actual movie has rakhi sawant :(

BTW u using a HDMI cable right ?

When u first start PS3 , before entering the game , go to the second column , scroll down to Display Settings , select HDMI then Manual , uncheck 1080i and only keep 576p and 720p and save. :cheers:

Here's a proper guide - http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/settings/videooutput.html

@DA , the racing events start off very easy on Beginner, it gets tough only when u reach intermediate or higher A-Spec racing events.The License tests & Special events are more than enough to tell you how challenging and tough the game is with both wheel & controller.

The gfx is bit of a letdown for me after all the screen shots being fed to us in the past few years. Its like showing Katrina Kaif in the movie poster when the actual movie has rakhi sawant :(

more like.....

GT 5 photomode

priyanka-chopra-dostana.jpg

GT 5 Ingame

priyanka-chopra-without-makeup-photo.jpg

^^ According to the DF article on GT5, PD had been working on 3D for at least 2 years. It wasnt a last minute cram job.

It is sony's fault...other studioes like nughty dog has dismissed using of 3d for next game...i am sure sony must have asked them too but PD on the other hand taking so much time and cost were in difficult position to refuse Sony.

out of 100 buyers ..hardly 2-5 play the game on 3d .

The AI in this game is terrible. :wallbash:

I must say, though, that the driving physics are vastly improved over previous GT efforts. With the G27 wheel, the response of the tyres to changes in road surface and camber is very palpable. Proper braking is even more important than has been in the previous games.

Just wish the AI was better. :wallbash:

:lol:

but even without makeup she looks beautiful .

EDIT:btw i just noticed the boobs in the photo mode is larger than the boobs in the in game mode?? :scratchchin:

The AI in this game is terrible. :wallbash:

I must say, though, that the driving physics are vastly improved over previous GT efforts. With the G27 wheel, the response of the tyres to changes in road surface and camber is very palpable. Proper braking is even more important than has been in the previous games.

Just wish the AI was better. :wallbash:

is it really that bad?? :(

is it really that bad?? :(

AI improves as you start leveling up and get into Pro series, kinda like damage. You can see the difference in license test itself, NB-10 guys drive like robots while IA-10 guys will make you wonder whether you're playing online with real people.

AI improves as you start leveling up and get into Pro series, kinda like damage. You can see the difference in license test itself, NB-10 guys drive like robots while IA-10 guys will make you wonder whether you're playing online with real people.

WOW!. i already thought of this (check above post) that it may depend on level increase....good to know it is true.

@Mt,you need to put some more time in the game. :chair:

^^ do the license tests have any effects on the a-spec events ? I know we can learn to handle a car well with them, but are they mandatory ?

Lol it is mandatory , Intermediate or higher racing events in A-Spec won't even unlock if u don't complete the License tests , this has been always like this in GT games :P

^^ do the license tests have any effects on the a-spec events ? I know we can learn to handle a car well with them, but are they mandatory ?

I haven't seen any event asking for license yet, but some guys are saying there are events that require you to have specific license. The tests themselves are lot more forgiving this time, in earlier games getting bronze itself was a big achievement. Now you get it in first or second try. Gold is the new bronze :P

EDIT: There you go

Lol it is mandatory , Intermediate or higher racing events in A-Spec won't even unlock if u don't complete the License tests , this has been always like this in GT games :P

:nono:

U can play all a spec n special events without playing the license tests...

Its not like previous GT....

Archived