Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Heaven Angel

19 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

My PC is not quite able to hold a steady 60fps. So I've locked it to 45fps with every setting on Epic except Shadows and Anti-aliasing which are on High.

Drops a bit further after intro mission. 

1 minute ago, stingray said:

To those who are playing - how are the initial impressions with regards to combat and enemies - especially when we compare with other sp campaign - Titanfall one

The game's nothing like Titanfall. It's more of a hybrid of the new Tomb Raider series and Dark Souls. Of course, it isn't as difficult as Souls.

Haven't really got into a lot of combat but parrying melee attacks and deflecting blaster shots seems pretty easy on Jedi Master difficulty so far.

You lose all your XP if you die but you can get it back if you just go back and hit the the enemy who killed you (unlike in Bloodborne where you have to kill the enemy). I'm kinda thankful for that coz I've prematurely run into this giant toad-like creature which is killing me with two shots :lol:

Should probably level up before I take it on again.

Also, your droid alerts you when you stray off the main path, which is good when you want to do exactly that and explore. In most games you have to make a  wild guess as to which path is not the main one when you want to explore around. Respawn is really great with such little QOL touches.

Am liking it so far. Visually not superb outside lightning and some effects compared to Battlefront II. The engine really don't help with performance vs. visual either over Frostbite on BF II.

Aside from visuals, the combat is smooth. Haven't unlocked the skills but for start it is standard parry/block/dodge with stamina bars. There is no health regen. DB-1 can heal you though if stem is available. You can rest but it will respawn enemies. 

The exploration is cool without dragging too much outside the story. Small bits here and there with few chests to discover (seems to have cosmetics inside them). 

7 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Am liking it so far. Visually not superb outside lightning and some effects compared to Battlefront II. The engine really don't help with performance vs. visual either over Frostbite on BF II.

Yeah, the Bogano level isn't as visually impressive as the first two levels.

1 hour ago, Heaven Angel said:

@Joe Cool @STICK3Rboy

How's the performance on PC boiz?

5 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

My PC is not quite able to hold a steady 60fps. So I've locked it to 45fps with every setting on Epic except Shadows and Anti-aliasing which are on High.

Mine is an ageing PC though.

Also, getting a few hitches here and there (mainly when entering new areas) and lowering settings also isn't fixing that. But it's not too distracting.

Anyway, I'm loving the game so far. Got to Zeffo and it is beautiful! The goats there are more threatening than the stormtroopers :lol:

Really digging the level design as well.

Looks like EA has got a HIT on their hands - that too without any “BAD BLOOD” of s&@₹wing SP campaign games for micro transaction or other type of padding of games - like Anthem. Thinking of purchasing this on steam now - as i like the orange light saber[emoji846]