slackerninja

The Apple Thread

18156 posts in this topic

@fatman, thanks for the detailed info :cheers:

My wife is in US currently, trying to convince her to get an ipad 2, but looks like its still out of stock everywhere and estimated shipping time is 3-4 weeks :(

My wife is in US currently, trying to convince her to get an ipad 2, but looks like its still out of stock everywhere and estimated shipping time is 3-4 weeks :(

No sweat. Methinks the EST dropped down to 2-3 weeks AFAIK.

Though now is the perfect time to pounce on an iPad 1 for cheap ! :P

how much is ipad 1 in US ?

edit: Also, forgot to mention a funny incident in chroma. There was a old man who was also apparently interested in buying a tablet. So this chroma guy was showing him around models from other vendors (samsung, dell etc) saying " sir, this is samsung's ipad, this ipad is from dell". I was all :lol:

Edited by Ne0

edit: Also, forgot to mention a funny incident in chroma. There was a old man who was also apparently interested in buying a tablet. So this chroma guy was showing him around models from other vendors (samsung, dell etc) saying " sir, this is samsung's ipad, this ipad is from dell". I was all :lol:

:lol:

Not if you have iWork/Pages/Documents to go.

It's not tough, just easier on the PC ! :P

It's weird but from the first time I got my hands on, I could type faster than I could on the PC. Maybe it was coz of the auto correct. It just felt weird for a bit typing on flat glass.

Anyway if you do need to get serious typing, get the Bluetooth keyboard. Secks :D

Just read this on Macrumors, Best Buy & Toys R Us are holding a special Sunday thing for the iPad 2. Maybe you can get her to check one of these out.

It's weird but from the first time I got my hands on, I could type faster than I could on the PC. Maybe it was coz of the auto correct. It just felt weird for a bit typing on flat glass.

Anyway if you do need to get serious typing, get the Bluetooth keyboard. Secks :D

Hehe yeah. Surprisingly it's darn good. Auto correct works really well apart from the places where local lingo is required !

Thinking of getting the BT KB ! :P

:rofl:

How does the brand permeate and vibrate amongst the common techno-illiterate folk is just beyond me. Amazing stuff. The only other company in India i see with such brand value is Nokia.

Edited by Death Stryke

haha.. it's going to end up like iPod maybe.. Even well taught computer guys etc say I bought creative's iPod or Sandisk's iPod lol

The question is...how fast I am on the iPad.

Oh I'm fast baby. I'm fast.

/Costanza

Edited by achilles

Epic pricing!!! Wow! Although Indian pricing for ipad1 is decent. So they might keep the same pricing. But I'm sure ipad2 will launch here only after ipad3 is announced

Edited by Death Stryke