The Automobile Thread

Chaztin

Went for the vintage car and bike rally this evening. Needless to say blew my mind. Especially the "stude", Citroen Torpedo and the impala. Man the impala is so much bigger than it looks in pics.

Anyway managed to get a few pics. Sorry for some of blurred images.

http://imgur.com/a/qwUVy

^^

hey bro do you have any issues with android head unit.

couple of times my data did get formated.maps provided by them is gone can't view it in gps card

Just once it used to restart when I used to use my steering controls, did a factory reset and have been running fine since then.

Just once it used to restart when I used to use my steering controls, did a factory reset and have been running fine since then.

hmm

my unit did auto factory reset

btw changed my booking to vento tsi highline :P

more value for money with one lakh discount.especially considering ameo 110bhp dsg cheaper then gt's

hmm

my unit did auto factory reset

btw changed my booking to vento tsi highline [emoji14]

more value for money with one lakh discount.especially considering ameo 110bhp dsg cheaper then gt's

Lol welcome to the club

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys...I was kinda looking at getting a car...was interested in a hatchback and what I like is the Polo GT TSI. But the cramped rear seat is a turn off and I am not willing to spend 10lac+ on a hatch.

So started looking at used cars and Vento Diesel AT, Highline variant, seem to be the best value. 2015 models costing 10.5-11.5 lac. Driven for 3k-15k kms. But a friend is pushing me to look at the Skoda Rapid as well, new. He feels the Rapid feels better to drive, even though same engines.

Rapid Diesel AT, to variant, is costing 13.6lac on road with 4yr warranty+4yr roadside assistance+buy now pay later scheme.

What do you guys think of the Vento vs Rapid? DSG versions.

Diesel clatter is something that is a turn of but I was told the 1.5 diesel engines are much quieter and smoother compared to previous 1.6 diesel in these cars.

Whatever roadside warranty / extended warranty / all kinds of sh*t Skoda tries to push, at the end of the day, it's a Skoda, and you will feel the pain of service.

Though Volkswagen is part of the same group, they have slightly better service standards. When in doubt between a Skoda and a VW in India, always, without exception, go for a VW.

That out of the way, the Rapid is a fabulous car, but the VW feels more refined and grown up.

So, this happened..

After researching for like 5-6months I decided to book Baleno (the only car which both me and wife agreed on). But I already had my eyes on Baleno RS and was following all the posts related to it regularly. Finally in June, we decided that we will go ahead and book Baleno and before it gets allotted to use if RS comes then we will go for that. So we booked Baleno Petrol Alpha in June 2016 and got a tentative delivery date as Feb 2017.

Now the wait began.. for both Baleno which I booked and for Baleno RS to release. Was searching for any news on RS on google and on social networks daily.

On October 13th I got a mail from Nexa that my booking is in 6th priority. I got bit tensed as still there was no news about RS. So I called up my RM at Nexa and told him about the mail. He said 6th priority means it will take a month to get allotted. I was bit relieved as I got 1 more month to wait for RS.

But on October 17th I got a message from Nexa that I have been allotted a car and I need to pay in 4-5 days. I was full tensed. Couldn’t decide what to do. To go with my Baleno or reschedule the current allotment and wait for RS!!

Nexa people started telling stories…RS will be released next year start, RS will be released in June 2017, RS is not for India, its only for EU region. Till now they had no idea on its release date and all of a sudden everyone had got different stories to tell about RS. After a lot of thinking, I rescheduled the allotment. My RM at Nexa said reschedule means my waiting will get extended by 2months.

Now I am waiting again.. Still no solid news about RS release date in India. Not sure what I will do if I get the allotment of my current booking again!!

Just felt like sharing it here…

@Athek: Sorry man.. did not go for Polo GT TSI test drive :(

Regards,

Prathap.

Edited by Prathap

So, this happened..

After researching for like 5-6months I decided to book Baleno (the only car which both me and wife agreed on). But I already had my eyes on Baleno RS and was following all the posts related to it regularly. Finally in June, we decided that we will go ahead and book Baleno and before it gets allotted to use if RS comes then we will go for that. So we booked Baleno Petrol Alpha in June 2016 and got a tentative delivery date as Feb 2017.

Now the wait began.. for both Baleno which I booked and for Baleno RS to release. Was searching for any news on RS on google and on social networks daily.

On October 13th I got a mail from Nexa that my booking is in 6th priority. I got bit tensed as still there was no news about RS. So I called up my RM at Nexa and told him about the mail. He said 6th priority means it will take a month to get allotted. I was bit relieved as I got 1 more month to wait for RS.

But on October 17th I got a message from Nexa that I have been allotted a car and I need to pay in 4-5 days. I was full tensed. Couldnt decide what to do. To go with my Baleno or reschedule the current allotment and wait for RS!!

Nexa people started telling storiesRS will be released next year start, RS will be released in June 2017, RS is not for India, its only for EU region. Till now they had no idea on its release date and all of a sudden everyone had got different stories to tell about RS. After a lot of thinking, I rescheduled the allotment. My RM at Nexa said reschedule means my waiting will get extended by 2months.

Now I am waiting again.. Still no solid news about RS release date in India. Not sure what I will do if I get the allotment of my current booking again!!

Just felt like sharing it here

@Athek: Sorry man.. did not go for Polo GT TSI test drive :(

Regards,

Prathap.

You still have time, go test drive it once.

Congrats banz...

When did volkswagen announce the refresh engine for Vento.

vento has stopped production of old diesel engines long back,that's why huge discounts for stock clearance

all recent manufactured units comes with ameo engine they have already updated on website as 110ps and increased 1kmpl mileage

most probably i will be getting first batch by weekend,but won't come with newer features which is slated for 2017 launch

and increased price of 5-6k. dealer promised me same discount of one lakh