The Automobile Thread

Chaztin

Does remapping affect warranties etc in anyway? And where do we get it done. Have a tdi vento.. Will it help

Tinkering with ecu will void the warranty, if ur tuner is good, he can clear the logs and flash the stock back in case of warranty claims.

How old is ur car and where r u located.

• Like 1

Abarth is a power house, it is 1.4 and it's 145 bhp phew.. Would hav loved to pick it up, but it is manual. Plus the GC is like real low.

I felt quite the opposite when I drove the Abarath, that car doesn't do any justice to its badge and it's a quite uninvolving and doesn't feel that powerful or driver oriented. With a remap,maybe!

Thank goodness you didn't buy it, please stick to the GT Tsi or if you Wanna sample a different breed try the Figo.

Anyone's got a car with a HU which does Android Auto / Apply CarPlay?

VW's asking me to plonk around 20k to get my HU upgraded, and wanted to know whether it's worth it.

If you wanna upgrade the head unit then stick with OEM head units like the RCD510 or RNS 510 or the newer ones like the MIB2 which supports CarPlay or get a Dynavin Head unit if you want the best of all.

Does remapping affect warranties etc in anyway? And where do we get it done. Have a tdi vento.. Will it help

18 months old car.. Cars in mysore

Remapping will not affect the warranty until the dealer goes snooping around to check the logs the ecu has created every time they have flashed it. With a Vento TDI 1.6 Manual you can push around 130-140 bhp with just a map and if you upgrade it to a GT177 Turbo you are looking at around 150-155 BHP max but it all depends on what you want and your driving style.

The DSG version of the vento has limitations as the box has torque limitiations and you cannot push much.

I know a couple of contacts who can remap the car in Bangalore.

Edited by srinivash

If you wanna upgrade the head unit then stick with OEM head units like the RCD510 or RNS 510 or the newer ones like the MIB2 which supports CarPlay or get a Dynavin Head unit if you want the best of all.

I know My Jetta comes with the MIB II as the default HU, but the App Connect features are not enabled. VW wants around 20k to unlock these features.

I know My Jetta comes with the MIB II as the default HU, but the App Connect features are not enabled. VW wants around 20k to unlock these features.

why do you exactly want to upgrade?

That's a load of bull, it's just not activated and at the moment there isn't a workaround or maybe I'm wrong.

But a friend of mine is working on a solution for it and I'll let you know once it's done.

I changed it to Dynavin which was a great HU but reverted it back to MIB II as a friend wanted it.

Edited by srinivash

That's a load of bull, it's just not activated and at the moment there isn't a workaround or maybe I'm wrong.

But a friend of mine is working on a solution for it and I'll let you know once it's done.

I changed it to Dynavin which was a great HU but reverted it back to MIB II as a friend wanted it.

Mate, VW has started unlocking it. It started in November.

Dsg gearbox is really smooth hardly notice any gearahifts.

This car reminds me little bit of our hyundai getz hardly notice any speed when going past 100.may be both are petrol engines and less engine noise. I never drove getz though was little young at that time