The Automobile Thread

Chaztin

I am planning to rent a car using ZoomCar during my trip to Pune next week (we will be visiting Panchgani/Lonavala).

So any red flags i should be worried about? I heard the roads are decent and we could just follow the Maps. Also any one has experience with Zoomcars? Do you provide the same model of the car that is shown in the picture?

For Ex, Honda City, i see it is the current iteration but will that be the case or they can rent out the older version as well?

Thanks in advance

Need not worry about roads within and in any direction outside pune. They are super. You should worry about your choice to go to Lonaval. Apart from the expressway there is nothing good. Panchgani/ mahabaleshwar are a better better option due to mapro garden and this being strawberry season you will get a chance to pluck strawberries by your self from farms. Which is actually a good experience.

I have recently heard that zoomcar cars have started shoiwing signs of extreme abuse and age. So do take note of that.

Edited by Bhpian Bali
  • Like 1

Lonavala isn't bad. If you have never been before you can go to Ekvira mandir (and caves), Bushi dam, and some other points around the town. But I'd suggest to go during rainy season.

Roads are excellent. If you are starting out from Mumbai/Panvel take the old highway from Panvel to Khopoli, it is much more fun to drive on. Lonavala to Pachgani, you have to take the Satara highway (same NH4).

• Like 1

Thank you very much for the inputs guys.

Regd Lonavala, i heard the same, i.e. nothing to see there in this season. But being our first visit, just wanted to cover it. Anyways it would be just a 1N stay in Lonavala and 2N in Panchgani. Route would be - Get down at Pune station and head straight to panchgani. Then will travel to Lonavala for 1N stay before boarding train again in Pune the next day after visiting my friend there. Will be depending on Google maps mostly for navigation.

Also, Booked i20 elite in zoomcar just now. Read about some issues with the wear. But took a risk anyhow.

Lets see how it goes. Fingers Crossed!

• Like 1

Baleno RS spec sheet posted in team-bhp.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/171771-maruti-baleno-rs-1-0l-turbo-petrol-engine-19.html

it says ground clearance is 114mm!? or am I missing something!!!! :O:wallbash:

Edited by Prathap

I am planning to rent a car using ZoomCar during my trip to Pune next week (we will be visiting Panchgani/Lonavala).

So any red flags i should be worried about? I heard the roads are decent and we could just follow the Maps. Also any one has experience with Zoomcars? Do you provide the same model of the car that is shown in the picture?

For Ex, Honda City, i see it is the current iteration but will that be the case or they can rent out the older version as well?

Thanks in advance

Zoomcar has 100kmph speed limit. There are fines if you cross the limit 1/2/3 times. The fine increases with instances. It's a good rule but sometimes gets in the way when road is too good. Have used it once and will again. Zoomcar is a good option if u need bigger car for specific reason. I had taken xuv500 w6 and it was in good condition. But Panchgani is short distance from Mumbai. Goa Jao zoomcar leke. Roads are superb.

• 2 weeks later...

A Nexa RM had come home today for Baleno test drive. He said Baleno RS will be launching on Feb 14th. They will get a display vehicle on 14th or 15th. but the TD vehicle will take some time.

He was from Nexa Palace Road.

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys. My Kwid is a year old next month. It's the only car I've ever driven barring a few hours in an Alto and Verna. So my entire automobile (non) experience would be limited to the Kwid.

Anyway someone told me to change to a wider set of threads because it will improve the ride and enhance the looks. Currently its sitting on 155/80 R13's. What would be a reasonable upgrade? FE is currently about 18-20kpl so I assume a drop here which is not an issue. If I'm not being clear please excuse my noobness. Help and suggestions would be really appreciated.

hey guys. My Kwid is a year old next month. It's the only car I've ever driven barring a few hours in an Alto and Verna. So my entire automobile (non) experience would be limited to the Kwid.

Anyway someone told me to change to a wider set of threads because it will improve the ride and enhance the looks. Currently its sitting on 155/80 R13's. What would be a reasonable upgrade? FE is currently about 18-20kpl so I assume a drop here which is not an issue. If I'm not being clear please excuse my noobness. Help and suggestions would be really appreciated.

I found a 165/65/13 in Michelin and a 175/65/13 in Yokohama. Both are extremely worthy tires. I agree the load rating is lower. Your original tire was an 80, but it wouldn't matter too much if you're not lugging around 5 people all the time.

The 165 tire will fit perfectly on your wheel, but it'd ask a tire sales guy's opinion on the 175.

A 10mm increase on the tire will greatly improve the stability of the car, and will not affect the mileage at all.

• Like 1

Confused about which bike would be a good upgrade from my Suzuki Gixxer.. Duke 250 or wait for BMW G310R? That BMW logo and looks are tempting! My experience with Suzuki has been great so far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Archit

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

https://news.maxabout.com/bikes/tvs/tvs-apache-rr-310s-spotted-again-best-ever-spy-photos/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=paidsocial&utm_campaign=TVS+Apache+RR+310S&utm_content=-

The new Apache spied up close, I have my eyes on this bike and pretty much sure will pick it up, until tvs screws up in some way.