The Automobile Thread

Chaztin

Well, dont we discuss PS3 and Xbox sales and charts here? Apple vs Android sales figures arguments? For them, they like to discuss similar topics for cars. Why make fun of them? They are petrolheads to the core and love to discuss anything to cars

yeah but the same thing over and over again?? and btw by making fun of team-bhp members i am making fun of myself as well :P

IMO the only way to check for the tire wobbles of cruze (as the members claim), is to drive it past 130-150 mark and check for vibrations, even then the results will be not completely true. coz 3 days back i clocked 165 on the eastern express way in mumbai on my civic which has completely balded tires :P and even then i felt no problems with it.

I guess the tire change thing is a conspiracy on team bhp :fear:

IMO the only way to check for the tire wobbles of cruze (as the members claim), is to drive it past 130-150 mark and check for vibrations, even then the results will be not completely true. coz 3 days back i clocked 165 on the eastern express way in mumbai on my civic which has completely balded tires :P and even then i felt no problems with it.

whats is the tyre config like on cruze??

edit:- just checked.. they are quite wide @ 205 mm.. plus 16 inches..

even laura l&k got 205/55 R16.. cruze isnt by any chance undertyred at 205/60 R16

Edited by BHPian Bali

gaurav doesnt have a problem with the stock tyres on his cruze . I ll take his word .

Cruze isnt a cheap car by any means in india , its a premium car , I m pretty sure GM/ chevrolet know what they are doing . If there had been a problem , they would ve rectified it in the new 2011 model cruze imho .

nah! man i guess very few are speed demons over here, after the 2-3 years of college and crossing 18 i have stopped speeding and i rarely ever hit 130+ speeds now even on empty stretches. I just cant understand the point to change tyres on the new car, especially if its gonna cost me 15K+ . anyways the purchase is still far away now.

yeah but the same thing over and over again?? and btw by making fun of team-bhp members i am making fun of myself as well :P

I'm one as well .. though I just read posts there and write stuff only in the Cruze thread :fear:

The times we go 150+ ..... hahaha even on highways we're not that foolhardy. Sure you can try it occasionally, but you never know when some dickwad villager will cross the "road in front of his village" (never mind if it's a national highway) suddenly and make you kill yourself trying to avoid him (seriously, has almost happened to us).

Cruze stock tyres suck badly. Change the tyres to something bigger if any of you are getting cruze,Its totally worth it and changes the complete experience.

And what exactly makes you say that? You take the Cruze out to the track or break the speed limit by a margin of 100 (i said 'margin') every day?

To clarify, the criticism started with the first review that said that JK Vectras are too soft and that they spoil handling. Fact is Chevy had the JK Vectras on the Indian cruze specially made to handle sharp ridges and ruts in the road and hence the tires have a softer sidewall. Instead of changing it purely based on quality though, some idiots upsized the tires and ended up with a whole new set of problems.

My advice is to leave the tires as they are. Go a good distance with them and when you really feel a lack of grip, you can think about changing them. We've done our own set of 0-150 sprints (just to check it when you have clear roads right after a toll gate) and we've never found the car lacking in grip.

gaurav doesnt have a problem with the stock tyres on his cruze . I ll take his word .

Cruze isnt a cheap car by any means in india , its a premium car , I m pretty sure GM/ chevrolet know what they are doing . If there had been a problem , they would ve rectified it in the new 2011 model cruze imho .

It's not just me. My dad's a hardcore petrolhead. He's a senior surgeon here in one of the biggest hospital chains now but when he was younger he sat with the local mechanic and took apart and reassembled two of his cars for the heck of it, then helped rebuild one of the engines. He's driven plenty of cars and I can take his word for it if he drives the Cruze a lot and says you don't really need a tire change unless you're gonna swerve like a moron and still want the tires to hold the road.

I'll ask him again today or tomorrow and tell you if he's having problems with the tires. It's been one and a half years with the same set and no big issues though.

Read this if you want to see a TeamBHP members on the JK Vectras (though in relation to the SX4). You can see plenty of sane members echoing the fact that you don't need tire changes if you're a sane driver - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/26151-sx4-zxi-jk-vectra-stock-tyres-should-i-change-low-profile-tyres.html

Edited by Gaurav - Solitaire

Oh I've driven it plenty fast. You don't need the tires changed if you don't have any 'special' needs. It's a case of too mch effort for too little improvement, like when you put a 6 channel amp instead of a 4 channel one to drive your sub.

No dice. Forum members are nuts. Always.

Oh I've driven it plenty fast. You don't need the tires changed if you don't have any 'special' needs. It's a case of too mch effort for too little improvement, like when you put a 6 channel amp instead of a 4 channel one to drive your sub.

No dice. Forum members are nuts. Always.

:thumbsup:

Two weeks ago there was this guy with a Purple civic (or whatever that particular variation of purple is called). On the way back from the US Embassy, he would overtake and then drop back intentionally alongside (could see him looking sideways at me) and the minute we overtook at a leisurely pace he'd rev hard and get back in front. Rinse, repeat all the way till he had to turn away about a kilometer away from my place. Guess he really wanted a race or something. Some clowns :lol: I'd actually spend less money smoking his Civic than he'd need to just keep up with me at normal pace thanks to fuel prices today :D

Btw achilles what colour and variant? LTZ right?

Edited by Gaurav - Solitaire

Well, dont we discuss PS3 and Xbox sales and charts here? Apple vs Android sales figures arguments? For them, they like to discuss similar topics for cars. Why make fun of them? They are petrolheads to the core and love to discuss anything to cars

dude, woh toh zodka ka kaam hai :P

The times we go 150+ ..... hahaha even on highways we're not that foolhardy. Sure you can try it occasionally, but you never know when some dickwad villager will cross the "road in front of his village" (never mind if it's a national highway) suddenly and make you kill yourself trying to avoid him (seriously, has almost happened to us).

just drive as if u don't give a f**k, the villager will probably find his way through it to avoid hitting ur car, but if u try to avoid hitting him, u r gonna be in sh*t lotsa trouble :P

@ Gaurav, it's my cuz's but we are pretty close so I've been having some fun with it ;)

Atlantis blue LTZ AT.

Also at your civic story, the Japs are no match for American muscle. F&F has taught us atleast that in 5 movies. :P

Edited by achilles

just drive as if u don't give a f**k, the villager will probably find his way through it to avoid hitting ur car, but if u try to avoid hitting him, u r gonna be in sh*t lotsa trouble :P

If I'd followed this piece of advise, I'd have killed a certain old man on the Chennai-Pondicherry highway a few years ago :P

@ Gaurav, it's my cuz's but we are pretty close so I've been having some fun with it ;)

Atlantis blue LTZ AT.

Also at your civic story, the Japs are no match for American muscle. F&F has taught us atleast that in 5 movies. :P

Ah, same here = Atlantis Blue LTZ, 'cept this is a manual.

:lol: F&F Hunto! :giggle:

If I'd followed this piece of advise, I'd have killed a certain old man on the Chennai-Pondicherry highway a few years ago :P

thats what destiny chose for him and u denied it :angry:

but seriously, if it wasn't a bike that i had under my soft a*s, Mumbai would be a lot clean today :P

people with no road sense deserve to die. period. B)

thats what destiny chose for him and u denied it :angry:

but seriously, if it wasn't a bike that i had under my soft a*s, Mumbai would be a lot clean today :P

people with no road sense deserve to die. period. B)

:lol: While I agree, sadly the law will leave us counting bars :P

who will catch u when u don't stop, and besides, on Highway, it's perfectly legal to get them asses GTA Style :devil:

Edited by Pushy

I have a sportz man... a few elec gizmos here and there make up the sportz over the magna. Electrically adjustable outside mirrors, rear wiper, things like that.... I will take the sportz over the magna anyday... .

And the problem with 13" wheels is that they arent that wide, and at high speeds(over 120) you wont get the confidence that your car is stable. But for city driving it doesnt matter.

Awesome. Good to hear. :D

Since you own a Sportz, how's the music system in it? How's the bass in the speakers?

Ritz has more space than i10. The seats of ritz are slightly wider than i10's.

Also the roof is higher which is ideal for tall ppl. The seats are higher than other cars so it gives a feel of semi-suv.

And of course since its maruti so best maintenance and after sales value.

But i10 has better interiors than ritz.

Mileage is more or less the same.

But the diesel version of ritz does hv some power in it.

Ur choice.

Thanks a ton bro! Will keep them in mind. :)