Chaztin

The Automobile Thread!!!

8050 posts in this topic

I saw a Suzuki Ki-sushi on the road here today. So many design elements wrong with that car, right down to the crushed script used for the name of the car in glossy chrome that makes it almost impossible to read in bright sunshine.

And big FAIL to Hyundai India. The car they are calling the Verna Fluidic there is called the new Hyundai Accent everywhere else :giggle:

Actually companies have their own policies regarding naming cars. Some choose to keep the same name and others change it. Sometimes even different cars are named same in different countries. For eg. a Hyundai Accent in India is a Verna in South Korea. IMO it doesn't matter what they name it in different countries as long as the specs are fine.

The car does not have any decent room for rear seat passengers, i am just 5'6 and i was finding it crampy at the back seat. Also, the vehicle has monstrous amount of vibration in the diesel model, dont know whether it was TD car related issue or with all cars in general. at about 90-100+ speeds i felt kind of a 'floating' effect, and sometimes while braking something felt odd about the car, it felt like it was swerving to some extent, have never felt this issue with other cars before.

that is standard across all hyundai cars. in automobile terms you call it "boat-like ride quality" as it rocks like a boat. The reason for it is presence of an ultra-light EPS(Electronic Power Steering) and softly tuned suspension. Hyundai cars are meant to be driven only on city roads.

People dont understand the cons of having EPS in a car.

That is the reason why Fiat FTW :wub:

and GS ask your friend to go for Fiat only if he got some contacts in a certain Fiat showroom like you and your dad have in a Maruti showroom. Cuz Fiat A.S.S can give you a really hard time.

and in case he gets a Linea then ask him to also put Race Chip :wub: it is better than pete's and offers boost only on hard throttle. i.e. only when required :thumbsup:

Edited by BHPian Bali

Actually companies have their own policies regarding naming cars. Some choose to keep the same name and others change it. Sometimes even different cars are named same in different countries. For eg. a Hyundai Accent in India is a Verna in South Korea. IMO it doesn't matter what they name it in different countries as long as the specs are fine.

Yes. Thats not news.

What is not cool however, is affixing the label of (what is supposed to be) a higher specced range on a replacement for a lower specced range.

How is the Fluidic priced in comparison to the Accent and the old Verna?

Fluid is more expensive but then it has far better specs than the verna which it has replaced. Accent and Verna in India were 2 separate cars being sold in parallel, accent being the lower priced, low on spec model.

Fluid is more expensive but then it has far better specs than the verna which it has replaced. Accent and Verna in India were 2 separate cars being sold in parallel, accent being the lower priced, low on spec model.

The old Accent imo looked better than the Verna though. The Fluidic looks better than both but it's priced much higher.

Edited by Gaurav - Solitaire

and in case he gets a Linea then ask him to also put Race Chip :wub: it is better than pete's and offers boost only on hard throttle. i.e. only when required :thumbsup:

Oh boy. The Linea does need that. Does it work as advertised?

Oh boy. The Linea does need that. Does it work as advertised?

yep it is a tried and tested product. several fiat car owners on team-bhp.com are going for it. infact that was the first thing I had decided to get for my punto. but sadly had to cancel punto purchase.

the thing is Fiat cars are built to be driven fast. They can handle that kinda boost. Such products are fail on cars that dont have a good ride and handling setup. like hyundai ones.

Hmm..how many can you fit? 1 isnt enough. The Linea is seriously underpowered. Also, I'm guessing an easy self install?

dude?? you can have only one tuning chip per car. in case you want more boost then there are separate mods done for that. and yeah it can be easily fitted by anyone. and the best part about this company is that they ship the chip to anywhere in this world. i have read that people have got them at a landed cost of 12k with delivery and taxes at home.

I am the Sad. They say they don't have Maruti Spare Parts.. :ko:

They have Mailed Maruti HO.. It's been 10 days already and my sweetheart SX-4 is in Coma still..

What's the use of having Maruti then yaar?? I might as well have had a Firangi car whose spare parts are tough to get.. Damn!!

I am Car-less in Mumbai Rains..at the mercy of sadistic Rickshawallas..

God, why me??? :cry:

I am the Sad. They say they don't have Maruti Spare Parts.. :ko:

They have Mailed Maruti HO.. It's been 10 days already and my sweetheart SX-4 well have had a Firangi car whose spare parts are tough to get.. Damn!!

God, why me??? :cry:

It ain't just you, we had to wait about 3 weeks just for the spare parts to arrive, but in my case the spares list was 3 page long.