The Automobile Thread

Chaztin

Hey guys,

One of my close friends car has been stolen in Gurgaon :(

She has registered a complaint, but she feels that the Police are not acting so fast on the case.

Is there anything that can be done to fasten the process that the right people are arrested before the car goes for some serious modifications :(

Hey guys,

One of my close friends car has been stolen in Gurgaon :(

She has registered a complaint, but she feels that the Police are not acting so fast on the case.

Is there anything that can be done to fasten the process that the right people are arrested before the car goes for some serious modifications :(

Can u tell me the insurance company from which it was insured.. And just tell her its a long procedure.. :thumbdown:

oh sorry i didn't read the post correctly... i am sorry to say this but these people have direct contacts with the garage guys and the first thing they do is change the plates and all the things which help in identifying the vehicle..

Sorry to hear about this.... There are many posts in team-bhp about this. They change the engine, chassis and the number plates so that it cant be traced. And they dont sell the car as such. They make sure that they dismantle the whole thing. engine separate, spark plug separate....

It's pretty difficult to trace it.... maximum you can get reimbursed by the insurance comp.

Sad to hear about the stolen car :(

Am looking forward to book a new Dezire VDI soon, knowing Mumbai rains, is it wise to buy it now ?

Also anything good or bad information that you can come up about the car would be great.

Thanks in advance :cheers:

Sorry to hear about this.... There are many posts in team-bhp about this. They change the engine, chassis and the number plates so that it cant be traced. And they dont sell the car as such. They make sure that they dismantle the whole thing. engine separate, spark plug separate....

It's pretty difficult to trace it.... maximum you can get reimbursed by the insurance comp.

Switching number plates i can understand...but engine, and even sparkplugs?!? i thought that happened only in a fictional chopshop potrayed in an American movie!! :ko:

meh...they all look the same :yawn:

the one-77 on the other hand... now that's a different story! :wOOtjumpy:

Edited by pixeljunkie

Sad to hear about the stolen car :(

Am looking forward to book a new Dezire VDI soon, knowing Mumbai rains, is it wise to buy it now ?

Also anything good or bad information that you can come up about the car would be great.

Thanks in advance :cheers:

Book it dzire has a waiting for 6-7 months so you will receive it anyway after moonsoons.

@Bob

Where was this?

Switching number plates i can understand...but engine, and even sparkplugs?!? i thought that happened only in a fictional chopshop potrayed in an American movie!! :ko:

Dude, skilled people can dismantle and reassemble an engine in 10 mins. I've seen it with my very own eyes. So, yeah....it's no movie mumbo jumbo.

Edited by devil_angel

Book it dzire has a waiting for 6-7 months so you will receive it anyway after moonsoons.

it's two to three months max, some people got it in even one month

I wanted to know more about how the public here feels about that car.