The Automobile Thread

Chaztin

I did, I just loved the amount of space that Manza offered, but sadly it does not drive that well, I would say that the swift drives better.

Although it would not be required much but manza does not hold well beyond the 100 KMPH mark, D'zire did not even strain in the 4th gear at 100, after that I put in the 5th gear. The car really drives well.

Except for that I would have preferred Manza over this.

I did, I just loved the amount of space that Manza offered, but sadly it does not drive that well, I would say that the swift drives better.

Although it would not be required much but manza does not hold well beyond the 100 KMPH mark, D'zire did not even strain in the 4th gear at 100, after that I put in the 5th gear. The car really drives well.

Except for that I would have preferred Manza over this.

Yeah thts there, i have driven manza extensively and it aint no scorcher, but the amount of space it provides is just awesome

nono :chair: fiat is swift's heart :chair:

:scarerun:

ya but it has dzire engine :P

Sometimes i wish Fiat should have come in india alone rather then with Tata, tata has killed fiat brand.

Sometimes i wish Fiat should have come in india alone rather then with Tata, tata has killed fiat brand.

There is still hope left, they seem to be ending all ties with Tata by next year end, after that they will bring their great engines too, which they can't bring now due to the joint venture :(

Also, the Linea facelift unveiled in Turkey is hideous

so which engine has which car and which car has which heart and which heart has which engine?

DAFAQ AM I READING? :blink:

f**k, it's a vicious circle :panic:

Edited by Pushy

its not just about the engine, its what you can do with it. The SX4 Diesel has the same engine as Linea, but the SX4 feels and drives lot more better than the Linea. The suzuki guys have smartly revamped the turbo kick in

i hope they come up soon with 1.6 or 1.8 engines, 1.4 is so old school now.

its not just about the engine, its what you can do with it. The SX4 Diesel has the same engine as Linea, but the SX4 feels and drives lot more better than the Linea. The suzuki guys have smartly revamped the turbo kick in

They've just adjusted the gear ratios which are pretty long in Linea, you can do 90+ in the second gear in the Linea and that is why it's not so awesome off the line. As a result it's got punch even above 130-140.

Maruti's and Hyundai's have a plush city ride but when it comes to high speed handling with confidence, steering feedback and carving corners, there is where the Fiat excels.

:fear:

They've just adjusted the gear ratios which are pretty long in Linea, you can do 90+ in the second gear in the Linea and that is why it's not so awesome off the line. As a result it's got punch even above 130-140.

Maruti's and Hyundai's have a plush city ride but when it comes to high speed handling with confidence, steering feedback and carving corners, there is where the Fiat excels.

:fear:

let them do 200 in the 2nd gear. If its gonna behave like a old lady riding a tri cycle then whats the point in it?

Mere mortals like us usually buy the car for having a nice fun ride and also commute in it. If you are going to give a laggy car and then provide 'confidence, steering feedback and carving corners' whats the point? I had owned a Palio Diesel for more than 7 years, and it was the only good car from the Fiat stable. I have not driven the Punto, but the driving of linea is very underwhelming