Chaztin

The Automobile Thread

CVT is not slow, but overall experience between DsG and cvt is immediately felt if you are an enthusiast. After driving DsG for a year, I have no idea how would I go back to any other automatic.

City is a great package overall though, specially if you are going top end with sunroof. As for paddle shifts hardly doubt how much you will use it.

I had a city manual and i had a vento auto, vento auto is a hoot to drive. Honda city is super spacious though. Tough choice, and eco sport doesn't hold a candle.

Thanks Athek. Will do a test drive to experience myself.

Also took a look at the new rapid. It looks really good especially with the projector lamps / DRL and blue color but that comes only in high end 15.5l for diesel AT :(

Assuming the diesel VW auto 7 speed engine is also good but not as good as Petrol. Will post again after I do test drive on both.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Thanks Athek. Will do a test drive to experience myself.

Also took a look at the new rapid. It looks really good especially with the projector lamps / DRL and blue color but that comes only in high end 15.5l for diesel AT :(

Assuming the diesel VW auto 7 speed engine is also good but not as good as Petrol. Will post again after I do test drive on both.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

They both share the same diesel engine. Rapid does not get the TSI though.

Ya, best is to drive yourself, I was told great things about rapid, but I could never Get myself to like it. The new rapid though looks nice, both the blue and red color. Talking about blue, I read somewhere it is now introduced or process to be introduced in vento too.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Is VW updating the gt tsi to 1.4lit?

Nope, jetta does not get it, if anything, jetta will get it first. Though a 1.4 for Polo and vento will be amazing.

That said yiu can remap the TSI to 128 hp with around 210-220 nm torque.

Oh! Took a ride in friends GT TSI recently. That machine clips like crazy. He was mentioning vw may upgrade GT TSI to take on abarth. I guess abarth has 1.4?

Abarth is a power house, it is 1.4 and it's 145 bhp phew.. Would hav loved to pick it up, but it is manual. Plus the GC is like real low.

Polo GT TSI is a hoot, the only reason I ended up buying vento. With the remap vento feels a little more better to drive the the GT, even though it is heavier.

Abarth is a power house, it is 1.4 and it's 145 bhp phew.. Would hav loved to pick it up, but it is manual. Plus the GC is like real low.

Polo GT TSI is a hoot, the only reason I ended up buying vento. With the remap vento feels a little more better to drive the the GT, even though it is heavier.

Yah remaps ftw

Your vento is Tsi?

Does remapping affect warranties etc in anyway? And where do we get it done. Have a tdi vento.. Will it help

Tinkering with ecu will void the warranty, if ur tuner is good, he can clear the logs and flash the stock back in case of warranty claims.

How old is ur car and where r u located.

• Like 1

I felt quite the opposite when I drove the Abarath, that car doesn't do any justice to its badge and it's a quite uninvolving and doesn't feel that powerful or driver oriented. With a remap,maybe!

Thank goodness you didn't buy it, please stick to the GT Tsi or if you Wanna sample a different breed try the Figo.

Anyone's got a car with a HU which does Android Auto / Apply CarPlay?

VW's asking me to plonk around 20k to get my HU upgraded, and wanted to know whether it's worth it.

If you wanna upgrade the head unit then stick with OEM head units like the RCD510 or RNS 510 or the newer ones like the MIB2 which supports CarPlay or get a Dynavin Head unit if you want the best of all.

Does remapping affect warranties etc in anyway? And where do we get it done. Have a tdi vento.. Will it help

18 months old car.. Cars in mysore

Remapping will not affect the warranty until the dealer goes snooping around to check the logs the ecu has created every time they have flashed it. With a Vento TDI 1.6 Manual you can push around 130-140 bhp with just a map and if you upgrade it to a GT177 Turbo you are looking at around 150-155 BHP max but it all depends on what you want and your driving style.

The DSG version of the vento has limitations as the box has torque limitiations and you cannot push much.

I know a couple of contacts who can remap the car in Bangalore.

Edited by srinivash

If you wanna upgrade the head unit then stick with OEM head units like the RCD510 or RNS 510 or the newer ones like the MIB2 which supports CarPlay or get a Dynavin Head unit if you want the best of all.

I know My Jetta comes with the MIB II as the default HU, but the App Connect features are not enabled. VW wants around 20k to unlock these features.

I know My Jetta comes with the MIB II as the default HU, but the App Connect features are not enabled. VW wants around 20k to unlock these features.

why do you exactly want to upgrade?

That's a load of bull, it's just not activated and at the moment there isn't a workaround or maybe I'm wrong.

But a friend of mine is working on a solution for it and I'll let you know once it's done.

I changed it to Dynavin which was a great HU but reverted it back to MIB II as a friend wanted it.

Edited by srinivash

That's a load of bull, it's just not activated and at the moment there isn't a workaround or maybe I'm wrong.

But a friend of mine is working on a solution for it and I'll let you know once it's done.

I changed it to Dynavin which was a great HU but reverted it back to MIB II as a friend wanted it.

Mate, VW has started unlocking it. It started in November.