Steam deals

Aftrunner

246 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Paradox Rolling Back Price Increases after Steam Sale

Their CEO Fredrik Wester made an announcement:

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/pricing-change-rollback-information-thread-latest-news-here.1031635/

The relevant part quoted (emphasis mine):

In regards to the price changes you are absolutely right. You deserve more transparency and better communication from Paradox when it comes to changing of our prices and pricing policy. Therefore I have decided to roll back all price changes made; any price changes will have to be for future products well communicated in advance. I just came off the phone with Steam and they say we can't do the roll-back before the Summer Sale is over (otherwise it would mean we have to take all Paradox products off the summer sale) but it will be done right after. For anyone who bought any of the games during this time (including during the summer sale) we will try to refund (if possible in the Steam platform) or reimburse with games of a value exceeding the difference. If none of this is possible (I do not in detail know the limits to the Steam platform) we will internally calculate the difference in revenue before and after the price change, double the value, and donate the money to the UNHCR. 

Not sure if their proposal of reimbursement is even possible, and it's slightly unfortunate that the rollback can only be done after the sale. But wow, didn't expect them to revert the prices back.

Buy Paradox games only in next sale

10 minutes ago, Star Lord said:

Is Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin more cheaper anywhere than Steam?

For $12, you can pick it up from Humble Monthy instead. You will get DARK SOULS II: Scholar of the First Sin instantly and rest of the package (usually ~8-10 games) during next month.

Link. It's a better and good deal. 

38 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

For $12, you can pick it up from Humble Monthy instead. You will get DARK SOULS II: Scholar of the First Sin instantly and rest of the package (usually ~8-10 games) during next month.

Link. It's a better and good deal. 

$12 every month right? or you loose the game...if you unsubscribe. 

Well, they do say "Discover games that haven't been featured in other bundles". You can check previous bundles. I don't think any game has been repeated so far.

On top of that, you also get access to some DRM-free games, which is a nice addition. Hnq9TyU.png

Some months are worth it. Some are not. The upcoming bundle is good if you do not have Dark Souls II.

You should be able to. 

Here is another site that is selling for the same price. 5% extra discount with pcgames5off code. 

Gamesplanet is also selling for $20. Accepts Paypal. 

Edited by Heaven Angel

Activation: 10 Dec 2014 Dungeon Defenders II - Collector's Pack. 

Just noticed that the game is finally releasedozaNcaM.png

Downloading. Size: 4.1 GB. If anyone likes to play some co-op, let me know. It's free to play. 4vRdrh9.png

Edited by Heaven Angel

The Secret World is re-releasing as Secret World Legends with a new combat system and focus on solo/small-group content rather than MMO-style content, and a free-to-play model. The Head Start is now available for people who beta-tested SWL and/or owners of The Secret World.

la2Gazj.jpg

If you owned TSW, you can link your accounts by signing into the SWL website and linking them to the account page: https://secretworldlegends.com/news/legacy-transfers/

This allows you to almost all the cosmetics you owned in the original to SWL, along with permanently unlocking all 9 of the game's weapons, which normally would take a tonne of grinding.

Right now the game is only available to those with a TSW account and beta testers of SWL. The game comes out on June 26th for everyone else via the standalone client on the SWL website and will arrive on Steam on July 31st.

To download the game, click here:

http://cdn.funcom.com/downloads/swl/client/SecretWorldLegends.exe

Very good MMO! Now F2P. Interested users feel free to give it a try. It's worth your time. 

Edited by Heaven Angel

On 2017-6-23 at 11:48 AM, Engineer said:

This is not PS plus or Xbox gold you'll not lose games when you unsubscribe all purchases are permanent

On 2017-6-23 at 11:49 AM, Joe Cool said:

$12/mo if you plan to stay subscribed. You won't lose your games if you cancel it anytime.

You will receive a full game code (steam key) after subscribing and it'll be yours to keep it. 

thanks guys....will see....

Btw steam sales prices will be there till JUly 5th right ...so i can wait till then to see whichs ones should i buy....have made a big mistake before of buying games and then not playing for a long time so will buy few that i feel i can finish soon and want to play soon...

8 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

The Secret World is re-releasing as Secret World Legends with a new combat system and focus on solo/small-group content rather than MMO-style content, and a free-to-play model. The Head Start is now available for people who beta-tested SWL and/or owners of The Secret World.

la2Gazj.jpg

If you owned TSW, you can link your accounts by signing into the SWL website and linking them to the account page: https://secretworldlegends.com/news/legacy-transfers/

This allows you to almost all the cosmetics you owned in the original to SWL, along with permanently unlocking all 9 of the game's weapons, which normally would take a tonne of grinding.

Right now the game is only available to those with a TSW account and beta testers of SWL. The game comes out on June 26th for everyone else via the standalone client on the SWL website and will arrive on Steam on July 31st.

To download the game, click here:

http://cdn.funcom.com/downloads/swl/client/SecretWorldLegends.exe

Very good MMO! Now F2P. Interested users feel free to give it a try. It's worth your time. 

I own it but haven't played it, had some installation issues. Lemme know if you are gonna play. I will download