Steam deals

Aftrunner

246 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

US region is expensive. It's flat out $59.99 for base AAA title.

• Anyways, if you still want to switch, then use a free US VPN (Tunnelbear) or browser proxy.
  • Go to Steam.
  • Search for a cheapest or anything you want to want.
  • Add to cart.
  • Make the purchase. 
  • Now go to your account and you will see the United States as store location. Set it as default.
  • Done.

Note: US region has no restriction as far as I know. So you can trade it with anyone instead of buying from a store. 

No, games don't disappear after you change your region. However, you cannot change for 2 weeks after switching to another region. 

Will not work via browser region changing only works via steam client. Also regions like china needs paid vpn since I can't free ones :( and unionpay card :( 

1 hour ago, playstation said:

Guys,

Why is steam not allowing me to purchase as gift for myself to be  used later?....when ever i try to do it it gives me options to choose among friends....

Today we’re announcing changes to gifts on Steam. The gifting process has had a bunch of friction in it for a while, and we want to make it easier for you to share the games you love with friends. Steam Gifting will now be a system of direct exchange from gift buyer to gift receiver, and we will be retiring the Gift to E-mail and Gift to Inventory options. Here's a quick breakdown of benefits from the new system:

Scheduling Gifts Is Even More Straightforward

Go ahead and buy a gift months in advance and have it delivered to a friend on time, every time.

Declined Gifts Resolve The Way They Should

In the old system, a declined gift would sneak back into the giver's inventory and remain on their bill. Now, if a recipient already has the title, or just doesn't want it, they can click decline and the purchase is refunded directly to the gift giver.

Safe Cross-Country Gifting

No more worrying if a Gift to E-mail or Gift to Inventory is going to work for a friend, gifts sent through the new system will always work on the receiver's account. When there is a large difference in pricing between countries, gifting won't be available and you'll know before purchase.

Source:https://steamcommunity.com/games/593110/announcements/detail/1301948399254001159

• Like 1

Strange. I used Hola only while switching from RU to CH. 

1 hour ago, playstation said:

Guys,

Why is steam not allowing me to purchase as gift for myself to be  used later?....when ever i try to do it it gives me options to choose among friends....

It's changed. Cannot buy as inventory. 

• Like 1

More deals : Civilization VI ($29.99/50%), NBA 2K17 ($13.79/77%), WWE 2K17 ($12.49/77%), Bioshock: The Collection ($13.79/77%), Kerbal Space Program ($19.59/51%), XCOM 2 ($17.99/70%), Mafia III ($11.99/70%), and more. 

A new wave in ~9 hours from my post.

I think i am done with all that i need to buy..

Bought Amanita bundle with all the ost and art books for Samorost 3 and other games .....

Also bought ..Dark SOuls 2 and 3 ...and last but not least The Evil Within Season pass....

I was hoping Resident evil revelations 2 will be available for good discount ....but bc its still very high....even the Re 0 and HD remaster is high.

Its such an old game but Capcom is not reducing the price...and discount is pathetic....

I dont like Steam sales much these day....woh baat nahi joh phela hota tha....

12 hours ago, Snake said:

11 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Strange. I used Hola only while switching from RU to CH. 

It's changed. Cannot buy as inventory. 

THanks snake and Joe....yaar i wanted to buy as a giuft because i thought ...Once i am done with some of the backlog games...i will uninstall the other games and install the The Evil within ( i already have the file of main game) and then use the code for season pass....but now that i purchase it ...it might cause issue with the file and i would have to download whole game as well as season pass together.....

23 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Make an alt and schedule the gift to few weeks/month. When you are done with your backlog, just hit cancel and the game will be returned to you and you can redeem it. 

Purchased already...stupid steam...making things unnecessary complicated..

10 hours ago, kemosabe said:

15% VAT applied to my purchase. I am not able to inset

https://preview.ibb.co/j3XBKa/steam_summer_sale_2017.png

Gabe is trying to make more $$ off the government's back

does Steam even pay the government taxes?

5 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

5 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

All prices include VAT where applicable. I don't know how or why they charged him. A friend of mine tested on IN region and he didn't say anything about VAT or additional charges. 

@Joe Cool can you check with your friend when did he purchased game in India region ?

This is in news and I read somewhere in forum that we need to pay tax while making steam purchases. In India GST has launched from 1 July. I was interested to whether I will get taxed by old rule or new GST (18%)

Edited by kemosabe

6 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

Yes they tied up with Novaplay (shell Indian company like cloudtail for Amazon) to sell games  so they are required to pay taxes to Indian Govt

August 2017 Bundle - Early Unlock, Pay $12 for NBA 2K17 and Pillars of Eternity.

July's other games are (along with Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin)

1. Hyper Light Drifter(with choice between Steam key and DRM free copy)
  2. SimplePlanes
  3. Galactic Civilizations® III
  4. Armello
  5. Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter
  6. Kero Blaster
Edited by Heaven Angel