Steam deals

Aftrunner

246 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

dunno if this Q has been asked earlier or not....but does Steam accelerate downloads? When i started my Deus ex downloads last night, it showed the estimated time as 10 hours, but was done before 4 hours....And i know that my 2Mbps line wont provide me that kind of speed!

Ok guys, if you have games from "sources", not compressed ones, full valid ISOs and those are Steamworks games, and you are purchasing them now via Steam, here is how you dont need to download them again:

1. Install the game to your steam path\Steamapps\common\ (find this from internet), for Rage it was C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\rage.

2. Do NOT paste anything if you know what I mean.

3. Start the game exe, Steam will start up instead and ask for downloading the files.

4. Let it continue, and as it finds the folder, it verifies local files first.

5. Once done, it will download whatever patches are required (for Rage it was 47.8 MB)

6. AND DONE. Start playing.

• Like 1

Ok guys, if you have games from "sources", not compressed ones, full valid ISOs and those are Steamworks games, and you are purchasing them now via Steam, here is how you dont need to download them again:

1. Install the game to your steam path\Steamapps\common\ (find this from internet), for Rage it was C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\rage.

2. Do NOT paste anything if you know what I mean.

3. Start the game exe, Steam will start up instead and ask for downloading the files.

4. Let it continue, and as it finds the folder, it verifies local files first.

5. Once done, it will download whatever patches are required (for Rage it was 47.8 MB)

6. AND DONE. Start playing.

This method has gotten outdated for some games. For instance STALKER:SoC. I have always installed it like that. But last time I tried it, didn't work. Using a folder monitor utility I discovered that it was being downloaded to a brand new downloads folder & then moved over to the original one. Pasting the content from other sources into the downloads folder won't work.

This method has gotten outdated for some games. For instance STALKER:SoC. I have always installed it like that. But last time I tried it, didn't work

It worked for Rage yesterday. It doesn't work for non-Steamwork games. AFAIK STALKER SoC is not a Steamworks game.

3.74?? I got it for 4.99. Was waiting for this, might go for Rayman too. Also got Half Life 2 :fear:

Now to get the X360 controller and set off my mobile playstation :D

Edit, not it's 3.74 only, my bad :P

Also, can we expect Skyrim on sale? Really interested in that.

Edited by achilles