Aftrunner

Steam deals

246 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Do you spend more than you intended to on Steam?

• Yes
    • No

3 minutes ago, Django_3101 said:

do I have to download it or just having it in library is enough?

Adding it to the library is enough. 

6 hours ago, Django_3101 said:

do I have to download it or just having it in library is enough?

You just need to add it to your library and it's free to keep forever. Download whenever you'd like. 

• Like 1

I am a total steam noob. Recently purchased a gaming laptop as i needed a powerful laptop.

What is this free to keep, free to play and free to own? 

I am a total steam noob. Recently purchased a gaming laptop as i needed a powerful laptop.

What is this free to keep, free to play and free to own? 

Some paid full price games occasionally go free for a limited time to celebrate some occasion, these are called free to keep games. Once you add these games to your library during the period that it is available for free it's your to keep forever as if you purchased the game paying money. After the free to keep period is over it goes back to being a paid game again.

Free to play games are games which have always been free since launch and will remain free forever. They earn revenue through micro transactions. Unless you know about the quality of game like Dota 2, CS:Go, Warframe, Path of Exile etc stay far far away from these games and don't touch them with a ten foot pole to avoid video game cancer.

Free to own is a synonym of free to play. Like that English paper when you don't know the meaning of a word in exam you must right the synonymous of the same word. So all what I wrote for free to play also applies here.

Free to play weekends are when games become free for everyone to play only for one weekend, you have to then purchase the game to continue playing after the weekend is over. Games often do this to increase sales.

Hope I made it clear

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

• Like 2