Which Internet Connection is everyone using ?

Xeno

Guyss can any of you tell how can i get squeeze out some real good plans from airtel. Like how and what should i say ? Someone told me to tell them that i want to discontinue their broabamd services and they would offer me a good plan?

But i just don't know how to start? Any tips ? And what should be my tone during talking to them?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Bro, jus call them or goto airtel site and raise a service for surrendering the line. They would call you to confirm. At that time they may ask you why you are disconnecting the broadband. U say i am moving to another ISP. If they ask you the reason, say the other ISP (explicitly say ACT) provides more download limit for lesser price. This is how i got extra download limit. I think it also depends on the person to whom you are speaking. Because in my case, i was really going to switch to ACT. I even got the registration form from ACT. When i raised request to Airtel for disconnection, they called me twice. First time they didnt try to retain me. Second time they called me asked me the reason for switching to another ISP. Thats when i started bargaining. The guy with whom I spoke, told me that they are supposed to offer me more than 50% of the download limit. I had 50GB, so they added 25GB (They started from 5GB, then 10GB, 20GB). Since I was for sure switching to ACT, I demanded 100GB because ACT provides approx the same limit for same price. They said they'll reduce 100 rupees from the bill. It may also depend upon how long you have been using airtel BB.

Edited by mano_701

This is like going to the past in a time machine, frikkin 2007 seriously? ivg has been around since that long? and its amusing to see people having 512 and 256kbps connections omg!!! ill admit I was using a dialup at that time. Bsnl has since stopped working in my area and i'm using a wireless 3g connection from mts. quite decent considering the area I live in.

This is like going to the past in a time machine, frikkin 2007 seriously? ivg has been around since that long? and its amusing to see people having 512 and 256kbps connections omg!!! ill admit I was using a dialup at that time. Bsnl has since stopped working in my area and i'm using a wireless 3g connection from mts. quite decent considering the area I live in.

that is normal unless you're an NRI or Hyderabadi

Guyss can any of you tell how can i get squeeze out some real good plans from airtel. Like how and what should i say ? Someone told me to tell them that i want to discontinue their broabamd services and they would offer me a good plan?

But i just don't know how to start? Any tips ? And what should be my tone during talking to them?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Thats kinda what I did. I was actually gonna discontinue so they offered like a 30% bump in FUP limit for free but that was still too low for me. So I declined. Then they offered to double my FUP limit for an extra 300 Rs per month. So I stuck around.

Its basically negotiating to see if they can offer you something you can live with once you tell them you want to disconnect.

But I guess it helps if its not an empty threat and you can actually go to a different provider which I was prepared to do. Some day there will be more options in Delhi, till then you gotta make do with Airtel. Scumbag company but its not like you are drowning in choices.

Edited by Aftrunner

Well, good news is that I no longer have to go with Airtel, the local cable wala offered me 4mbps unlimited for 1500 a month. The line has a bandwith leak, so..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So will the increased FUP remain or was it only for the previous month...

It will remain the same until you change the plan.

Thats kinda what I did. I was actually gonna discontinue so they offered like a 30% bump in FUP limit for free but that was still too low for me. So I declined. Then they offered to double my FUP limit for an extra 300 Rs per month. So I stuck around.

Its basically negotiating to see if they can offer you something you can live with once you tell them you want to disconnect.

But I guess it helps if its not an empty threat and you can actually go to a different provider which I was prepared to do. Some day there will be more options in Delhi, till then you gotta make do with Airtel. Scumbag company but its not like you are drowning in choices.

True!!

In my case, i did not have any idea to bargain with them. I made my mind to change to ACT. When Airtel knocked the door, i welcomed them with open hands.

Lol here in goa its never going to get better. I pay 2100 for 4Mbps/80gb (unreliable as well). People are happy with 512k and pay about 700 bucks. In fact my parents were on 512k till I visited them and went "WTF". Everyone here is quite happy with their sh*t 512k that I don't think it's ever going to get better.

Friend just informed me about another local cable service in our area. Really good plans. I'm fine with my existing connection for now. Folks from Dahisar might want to inquire about the feasibility in your area for this ISP.

BDd66Iw.jpg

From now onwards i have to spend Rs.1199/-

But still its a good offer as i am enjoying no download FUP.

EHxS4Hc.png

I get this message when i dial *129#

bba7c9f075f8ea601a7cdf21db56a292.jpg

Friend just informed me about another local cable service in our area. Really good plans. I'm fine with my existing connection for now. Folks from Dahisar might want to inquire about the feasibility in your area for this ISP.

BDd66Iw.jpg

Yeah i got this pamphlet as well. Plans Look really good.